Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo! Been sick for 4 years but never let it slip!

I never saw civil war or blank panther because superhero movies are garbage, but he was amazing in 42.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/28/chadwick-boseman-dead-dies-42-black-panther-colon-cancer/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
gently caress, just opened my phone and saw. :( He had SUCH a great body of work ahead of him.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

RIP cat man.

TCE
Feb 26, 2016
Can't even begin to imagine what it takes to film multiple movies while going through cancer and treatments. Guy was a titan.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/tarantallegra/status/1299544269099802624

God drat.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

TCE posted:

Can't even begin to imagine what it takes to film multiple movies while going through cancer and treatments. Guy was a titan.

Yeah, four YEARS of chemo + surgeries and he never skipped a beat. Guy was jacked for Black Panther, like holy poo poo he took, "do not go quietly into the night," to the next level.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

The helltrain that is 2020 rolls on. loving colon cancer at 43?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
marvel is going to have to start requiring that their stars have the best early detection of these things. his colon cancer was already stage 3 when it was detected

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
This sucks poo poo. Rest in power

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

God drat, that is legit really sad. He was a really talented dude and I looked forward to seeing what else he had ahead of him. gently caress this terrible world.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

gary oldmans diary posted:

marvel is going to have to start requiring that their stars have the best early detection of these things. his colon cancer was already stage 3 when it was detected

Marvel knew. He had it for four years, Black Panther was 2 years ago.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Mental Hospitality posted:

I have a friend who had colon cancer and bowel resectioning in her late 20's, so it happens.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
get your butts checked people

(by a doctor)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this is super depressing :smith: he was a hero, seriously. I can't imagine filming that kind of movie a year + in to that diagnosis.

I've been putting off a colonoscopy for 6 months but I am going to schedule it now. :hai:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

"[img posted:

https://fi.somethingawful.com/safs/titles/04/fb/00224328.0006.gif[/img]" post="507646877"]I've been putting off a colonoscopy

Mr. Toodles
Jun 22, 2004

I support prison abolition, except for posters without avatars.

Mental Hospitality posted:

I just got my colon reconnected after finishing chemo and having an ostomy. I was 38 when diagnosed (39 now). gently caress cancer.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well that actually hurts. He was really good both in Black Panther and in other movies. He was absolutely taken too soon. Much respect.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cancer sucks.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

This loving sucks. He did all those movies while he was sick and no one knew

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I'm tearing up a little bit. I'm not a huge Marvel fan nor did I consider myself like, a huge fan of his (don't get me wrong, I thought he was a fine actor I just never really followed his career beyond enjoying him when I saw him in various movies.)

No, I'm just tearing up a bit because it's so tragic for somebody so young to die of cancer like this, and also because this year just never seems to stop getting worse and worse.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Iakona
Jan 24, 2006

"I've seen this movie. The black man dies first!"

:(

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Dude owned hard. gently caress cancer.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
2020 sucks

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm gonna take all those bumper stickers to heart and literally start kicking cancers rear end

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im a little pissed too. this probably couldve been caught in time. seeking healthcare or examinations isnt considered part of our normal everyday lives like it should be and because of some bullshit political interference a lot of people dont want it to be
getting a colonoscopy when its called for should be as mundane and ordinary for everyone as getting a haircut

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

WAKANDA FOR... 3 years

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

drat... Doing 2 huge movies with cancer along with the rest of his work during that time, that dude was a beast.

RIP and gently caress cancer.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Holy gently caress :(

I never saw Black Panther, but cancer loving sucks. It runs in my mom’s family and I think my great grandmother on her side died from colon cancer.

Is it even a good idea to play a superhero in a Marvel movie if you’re undergoing cancer treatment? Like does all the exertion hamper the body’s or treatment’s ability to fight the cancer?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
That’s crazy :(

2020 is poo poo

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

I never saw Black Panther, but cancer loving sucks.
It's not perfect but even if you don't like Marvel stuff, Black Panther speaks for itself. You can tell everyone involved in that movie really gave a poo poo, and Boseman absolutely anchors everything by being a cool, collected center. He was capable of a lot more, but he brought real talent to the role. That's what hurts most-- he already had done a lot of good but you could tell there was a lot more good to come.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

F :rip: F

Gone too soon.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Slander I had no part in this

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wow that's just plain shocking and tragic.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Goddamn it man. I am not one to get emotional about celebrity deaths, but I’ve seen every film he’s been in and enjoyed them all. By all accounts he was a gregarious and joyous person, a consummate profesional, a great father and husband. What the gently caress. Too talented and too young to die from an awful disease. What the goddamn gently caress.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

He died and entered a coma.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RIP, just awful.

This was low-key one of my favourite Chads that a lot of people missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDpXhlJd6WQ

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gary oldmans diary posted:

seeking healthcare or examinations isnt considered part of our normal everyday lives like it should be and because of some bullshit political interference a lot of people dont want it to be

It’s rednecks. It’s because of rednecks.

Rednecks have a loving toxic rear end belief system that is at the root of why America sucks so bad now and has sucked so bad for so long. This worldview is a major contributor to most, if not all, of the biggest problems facing America today.

“Freedom”/“Liberty” = GOOD
Help from gubmint = TYRANNY (+ taxes) = BAD
Help of any kind = “:qq: MAH PRIDE :qq:” (+ taxes) = BAD
People talking about their problems ever = “:qq: BURDENING OTHERS :qq:” + “:qq: NO DIGNITY/PRIDE :qq:” + “clearly they MUST want others to mock them” + others mocking them like it’s their loving duty = BAD
People seeking Help for their problems ever = Same as People talking about their problems ever (see above) = BAD
Others receiving Help ever = “:qq: THERR PRIDE :qq:” (+ taxes) = BAD
Preventing others from receiving Help ever = “Helping” + “Protecting their pride” + “Freedom”/“Liberty” (+ less taxes) = GOOD
No Help ever + Bootstraps = “Freedom”/“Liberty” (+ less taxes) = GOOD

Note that taxes are partly a form of TYRANNY which = BAD, and that less taxes/no taxes = no TYRANNY = “Freedom”/“Liberty” = GOOD

A huge, HUGE portion of conservative political ideology, that most people think is caused by greed and/or heartlessness and/or lovely religious beliefs/racism, can be boiled down to this thought process. Stuff like no helping the poor, no universal healthcare/medicare 4 all, no COVID relief bill, etc etc etc

I don’t know if there is a name for it (“toxic independence”, maybe? Or “toxic freedom”? Toxic something...) but it is a horrible, degenerate, deeply backward belief system that has existed since the founding of America at least, and it needs to be completely wiped out yesterday. We need to publicly shame people for it. We need to teach our children to hate it. We need to teach everyone that anyone holding any of these views is not to be allowed the status of “person” or “human being”. People need to have it beaten into their brains with sledgehammers that THIS IS NOT AN OKAY WAY TO THINK, PERIOD.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I. M. Gei posted:

It’s rednecks. It’s because of rednecks.

Rednecks have a loving toxic rear end belief system that is at the root of why America sucks so bad now and has sucked so bad for so long. This worldview is a major contributor to most, if not all, of the biggest problems facing America today.

“Freedom”/“Liberty” = GOOD
Help from gubmint = TYRANNY (+ taxes) = BAD
Help of any kind = “:qq: MAH PRIDE :qq:” (+ taxes) = BAD
People talking about their problems ever = “:qq: BURDENING OTHERS :qq:” + “:qq: NO DIGNITY/PRIDE :qq:” + “clearly they MUST want others to mock them” + others mocking them like it’s their loving duty = BAD
People seeking Help for their problems ever = Same as People talking about their problems ever (see above) = BAD
Others receiving Help ever = “:qq: THERR PRIDE :qq:” (+ taxes) = BAD
Preventing others from receiving Help ever = “Helping” + “Protecting their pride” + “Freedom”/“Liberty” (+ less taxes) = GOOD
No Help ever + Bootstraps = “Freedom”/“Liberty” (+ less taxes) = GOOD

Note that taxes are partly a form of TYRANNY which = BAD, and that less taxes/no taxes = no TYRANNY = “Freedom”/“Liberty” = GOOD

A huge, HUGE portion of conservative political ideology, that most people think is caused by greed and/or heartlessness and/or lovely religious beliefs/racism, can be boiled down to this thought process. Stuff like no helping the poor, no universal healthcare/medicare 4 all, no COVID relief bill, etc etc etc

I don’t know if there is a name for it (“toxic independence”, maybe? Or “toxic freedom”? Toxic something...) but it is a horrible, degenerate, deeply backward belief system that has existed since the founding of America at least, and it needs to be completely wiped out yesterday. We need to publicly shame people for it. We need to teach our children to hate it. We need to teach everyone that anyone holding any of these views is not to be allowed the status of “person” or “human being”. People need to have it beaten into their brains with sledgehammers that THIS IS NOT AN OKAY WAY TO THINK, PERIOD.

:wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Holy crap, I didn't take the thread title seriously and had to Google it myself. Christ, that sucks. He was so good.