Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Private Cumshoe posted:

agriculture is the root of all evil,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Its still the brits.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

PawParole posted:

more people died in the Tokyo firebombings then Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

again, you’re using American propaganda but flipping it on its head, nuclear weapons are not worse than conventional weapons, except that Americans fetishize one because they think it makes them special.

sure, because you can fit enough conventional weapons in an ICBM warhead to annihilate a city and render it uninhabitable for generations

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idk if getting instantly evaporated is really the worst death imaginable, especially compared to fire bombing

I think Chillgamesh is talking about death by radiation exposure, not getting instantly microwaved

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
the most evil society was probably some Mesoamerican or ancient fertile crescent civilization that was sacrificing infants on ziggurats

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why even sacrifice an infant on top of a ziggurat it's not like it'll ever remember it.

Now raising them in a materialist culture empty of meaning and forcing them into a prison system for a few decades of constant misery...

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

imperial japan's bioweapons program was real hosed up lol they used to test all sorts of wacky poo poo on chinese cities like bombs filled with plague carrying flees

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
a more interesting question than the OP is whether there is a more evil first-world country than America right now, and I would say no

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idk if getting instantly evaporated is really the worst death imaginable, especially compared to fire bombing

falling into a deep fryer does sound like a horrifying way to go

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Idgi wouldn't the explosion kill all the fleas? That's worse than pigeon and batbombs

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why even sacrifice an infant on top of a ziggurat it's not like it'll ever remember it.

Now raising them in a materialist culture empty of meaning and forcing them into a prison system for a few decades of constant misery...

hell odds were probably against it living long anyway. what was the infant mortality rate back then anyway?

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
as usual liberals don't care about killing babies

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Colonel Cancer posted:

See, the Romans solved the problem of a person going unconscious from blood loss by hanging the person upside down and then sawing through them from groin to head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_by_sawing

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 08:36 on Sep 7, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

the answer is aztlan and its megacorp, aztechnology, op

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
The Assyrians were so over the top that the whole levant united against them and razed their civilization to the ground. After that they all went back to fighting each other so it sounds like the Assyrians were a pretty legit people.

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

Its Chocolate posted:

This is why it's wrong to say that Hitler was evil. He was just, uh, doing the contingencies, of power. Ever seen Game of Thrones?

p much. fascism is baked into our social relations and symbolic structures. it's in you as much as it's in me. decrying your political opponents as 'evil' is nonsense - you'll never understand them and never be able to oppose them effectively if you do this.

Hitler was just one logical outcome of capitalism in crisis. don't like it? win next time so it doesn't happen.

emTme3 has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Sep 14, 2020

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit
'banality of evil' is one of the texts that demonstrates this idiocy very effectively. arendt goes into the Nuremberg trials expecting some cthulu-esque monstrosity, and discovers a bunch of spineless bureaucrats 'just doing their job'. the book spins it's wheels for its whole length desperately looking for the 'evil' somewhere, anywhere, it's got to be there, where is it, i know it's evil a priori so i have to be able isolate and extract and destroy it etc etc etc

she can't, because it can't be isolated. it's in her too. the very 'us v them' she delineates in that text (freethinkers vs conformists, or somesuch) leads right back to pogroms and camps and extermination of the other given enough time. 'us v them' predates language, it's the structuring principal of any and all group imaginary's. considering this 'evil' leads you to misanthropic self-hatred and nihilism, like all the 'the mistake was agriculture/crawling out of ocean' posts filling this garbage thread.

you either have a goal, and you do what's necessary to achieve it (which will always generate an 'us' and a 'them') or you have no goals and you spin in place till you croak. that's it. that's the world without the filter of theological concepts like 'evil'.

emTme3 has issued a correction as of 00:58 on Sep 14, 2020

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
OH HEY SPEAKING OF ATLANTIS, YES ACTUALLY

Legit, it's that meme with the pink shirt girl cheating off another pink shirt girl's notes til they get to a blue shirt writing her own notes and it's like this:

:prepop:United States
:prepop:Nazi Germany
:prepop:British Empire
:prepop:Spanish Empire
:prepop:Catholic Church
:prepop:Holy Roman Empire
:prepop:Rome
:prepop:Alexander The Great
:prepop:Neo-Babylon
:prepop:Assyria
:prepop:Akkadian Empire
:prepop:Sumer
:smugmrgw:Atlantis

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

staticman posted:

OH HEY SPEAKING OF ATLANTIS, YES ACTUALLY

Legit, it's that meme with the pink shirt girl cheating off another pink shirt girl's notes til they get to a blue shirt writing her own notes and it's like this:

:prepop:Nazi Germany
:prepop:British Empire
:prepop:Spanish Empire
:prepop:Catholic Church
:prepop:Holy Roman Empire
:prepop:Rome
:prepop:Alexander The Great
:prepop:Neo-Babylon
:prepop:Assyria
:prepop:Akkadian Empire
:prepop:Sumer
:smugmrgw:Atlantis

This post belongs in a museum or at least hall of fame

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The real secret to becoming a CSPAM S-tier poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFqDPR8nBGo