Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Pick posted:

Moon Slayer is one of the most stable and reliable mods with a great community, which Pastry of the Year helps with. PYF is easily and consistently one of the best subforums with the most positive atmosphere.

I agree with the second part, that's why I posted^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I wasn't even to the bottom of the thread, I was just registering my support for the PYF team.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pick posted:

Moon Slayer is one of the most stable and reliable mods with a great community, which Pastry of the Year helps with too.

lmao

pastry's been modding the forum a lot longer, i thought, so the relegation of "Pastry was also there" is very funny to me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Moon Slayer is one of the most stable and reliable mods

A hurdle so low it's underground

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lmao

pastry's been modding the forum a lot longer, i thought, so the relegation of "Pastry was also there" is very funny to me

When did Pastry take over? I think it was after cash crab stepped down but I’m not sure.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
In a world where a mod was running a sockpuppet account to boost her own campaign to become an admin and waged a disinformation war against an entire subforum the latest problematic mod is... the one giving people joke 6 hr probes?

AA is rightfully being told to shut the gently caress up as they have spent years since being demodded just making GBS threads all over any percieved slight and charging into QCS to demand justice.

As far as "transforming" this forum, transform it into what? A place where people can talk and make jokes? That's not exactly some shade of 1984 to quiver in fear over.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Banning someone from a subforum for criticizing a mod is a bad look and trying to do so on the sly with a PM so you're not held accountable for it is especially lovely. Especially after locking their QCS thread on the topic so there's no avenue of discussion or way for other people to weigh in.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

lmao

In fairness, I haven't been posting as much as I used to over the past couple of months, and my moderation style has generally been based more in verbal warnings and (attempts at) mediation rather than using buttons. So it could be that I'm just not as visible lately.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

When did Pastry take over? I think it was after cash crab stepped down but I’m not sure.

Early November of last year.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The entire problem with all this ":cry::cry::cry:bu-bu-but its not faaaaaaaaiiiiiir :cry::cry::cry:" would require even a shred of good faith on behalf of the poster in question and anyone can simply dig through their post history and QCS temper tantrums to see it is 100% not.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
please consider the above gun mann post as a test of your self control not to respond genuinely

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sleeveless posted:

Banning someone from a subforum for criticizing a mod is a bad look and trying to do so on the sly with a PM so you're not held accountable for it is especially lovely. Especially after locking their QCS thread on the topic so there's no avenue of discussion or way for other people to weigh in.

You're not wrong.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Spinz, every time I've seen you post it's been doom laden drama stirring. please calm down a bit

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Spinz posted:

Moon Slayer has a thin skin and is probe heavy. As an outsider to pyf it's obvious they are ambitious (lol) and are attempting to change this forum to something edgier. It's too bad they weren't made a mod of one of the fyad-lites.
We'll see what happens.

I'm not sure about "thin skinned" or "edgy," I gather there are a couple people mad about joke sixers in the comics thread?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pastry of the Year posted:

Early November of last year.

Holy gently caress I would've guessed like 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

lmao

I meant it more because Pastry's taking a bit of a much-needed break because he mods so much, and was trying not to discount Moon Slayer's help in stepping up and making that possible. augh words are difficult!!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Whenever I start to think AA isn't that bad, he says or does something so completely stupid and pathetic that I wonder why I don't have him on ignore yet.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Wait until you get a load of this poster, their meltdowns are truly something to behold.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Spinz posted:

Moon Slayer has a thin skin and is probe heavy. As an outsider to pyf it's obvious they are ambitious (lol) and are attempting to change this forum to something edgier. It's too bad they weren't made a mod of one of the fyad-lites.
We'll see what happens.

I was really disappointed to find out that this wasn't a joke quote from the thread :(

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aw shee-it, ma, the saga's got loose in the thread agin

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Spinz posted:

We'll see what happens.

lol jeez

I volunteer for a 24 hour probe but only if MoonSlayer comedy probes spinz for at least 6.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Professor of Cats posted:

lol jeez

I volunteer for a 24 hour probe but only if MoonSlayer comedy probes spinz for at least 6.

I just came off a RBG memorial probe but I'll eat a second one if there's a comedy probe in it

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Beamed posted:

Wait until you get a load of this poster, their meltdowns are truly something to behold.

I'll admit, for about a split second I was very confused as to why exactly my milquetoast whitenoise shitposting was showing up on anyone's radar

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Here they all come like clockwork.
I expect it and don't care, probations don't matter to me at all now, I hardly post. I know we are all pretty bored right now.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Spinz posted:

I expect it and don't care, probations don't matter to me at all now, I hardly post. I know we are all pretty bored right now.

ah yes the notorious fascist pyf crew, can't believe these loving people

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

jaded, battle worn and surrounded, Spinz awaits her destiny in the center of the Sagas thread. Suddenly, lulz could be heard in the far distance.

Spinz posted:

I expect it and don't care, probations don't matter to me at all now

, she says with a sigh, flicking her cigarette into the darkness.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Spinz posted:

"probe coward, you only silence a goon"

pentyne has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Sep 19, 2020

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Professor of Cats posted:

jaded, battle worn and surrounded, Spinz awaits her destiny in the center of the Sagas thread. Suddenly, lulz could be heard in the far distance.

, she says with a sigh, flicking her cigarette into the darkness.
:blush:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
comedy probes can be funny but moon slayer was being kind of a dick in the comic thread about it.

part of being a good mod is knowing how to read the room, and if a bunch of people are telling you "hey maybe reconsider this thing" you probably shouldn't angrily quadruple down on what they're griping about

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
It could've very easily just been a probe for a low effort shitpost. Making it a joke was just trying to keep the mood light.

And there's no shortage of people get all up on the cross over getting called out by a mod over inappropriate posting who then want to cry oppression they aren't allow to disagree in a rational manner i.e posting weird screeds across the forums and demand everyone listen to their rants and conspiracy theories.

Someone threw out their claims of "oh well the QCS thread was closed in 3 hours, hmm strange they didn't leave it open for the 6er to expire" like...loving wait 6 hours then before posting a QCS thread? There's no expiration date on posting angst.

The assumption "a mod told them to stop and is silencing them" doesn't then imply the person had anything of worth to say and there are enough receipts for AA's weird posting grudges that threadbanning them is a perfectly reasonable outcome.

I see probes/bans in the Leper's Colony on a daily basis from people warned a dozen times to stop who can't help themselves and just want to post dumb/gross/offensive/pedantic poo poo in places they were told to never come back to.

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

part of being a good mod is knowing how to read the room, and if a bunch of people are telling you "hey maybe reconsider this thing" you probably shouldn't angrily quadruple down on what they're griping about

Kind of ironic given that a few months ago "reconsider this thing" was shutting down FYAD, banning all the posters in it because of accusations of "doxxing, trans-hate, and being 100% Kiwifarms plants" from a bunch of people aggressively pushing to eliminate their posting enemies and take over control of the site.

pentyne has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Sep 19, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
pyf posting enemies

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

pyf posting enemies

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=0

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't really post in pyf much but it's a good forum to read more or less wholesale which is imo unique on something awful so good job everyone except guy mann

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait long enough by the leper's colony and you will see the probations of your posting enemies float by - Sun Tzu

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Ruflux posted:

I'll admit, for about a split second I was very confused as to why exactly my milquetoast whitenoise shitposting was showing up on anyone's radar

As my finger was pushing down on the mouse button I realized what was about to happen :v:

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
I don't have an opinion on Moon Slayer but shittalking AA in a forum he's forbidden from responding in is lame and people should stop it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Patrick Spens posted:

I don't have an opinion on Moon Slayer but shittalking AA in a forum he's forbidden from responding in is lame and people should stop it.

Actually this is the best venue to do it because we can say any fuckin thing and he can't have a tedious whinging meltdown in response

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

pyf posting enemies

my posting nemesis dickeye was permabanned

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

scary ghost dog posted:

my posting nemesis dickeye was permabanned

it is canonical that forums poster Lurdiak was dickeye's nemesis

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Patrick Spens posted:

Actually it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

pyf posting enemies

I defeat my posting enemies by the "la la can't hear you" tactic

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member2.php?action=viewlist&userlist=ignore