Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Coupons and Deals?

Well, it is run by an actual doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

yeah but coupons and deals is full of sick fucks

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The Star Trek Online thread used to send its j4gs to fyad and apparently we did it enough to earn their internet ire because the whole thread got moved to fyad without warning one day and a few thread regulars got chain probated for weeks. It was legitimately the best thing that ever happened to that thread.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Psycho Landlord posted:

The Star Trek Online thread used to send its j4gs to fyad and apparently we did it enough to earn their internet ire because the whole thread got moved to fyad without warning one day and a few thread regulars got chain probated for weeks. It was legitimately the best thing that ever happened to that thread.
Oh no, did they probe Butts?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

alf_pogs posted:

i like the idea that alf's surname is pogs

Gordon Shumway?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Scarodactyl posted:

Oh no, did they probe Butts?

This was during our post-Butts fall, they mostly got Hakimoshou or however the gently caress you spell that dude's name

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

El_Elegante posted:

Gordon Shumway?

Gordon Shumway-Pogs. He obviously got married

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

El_Elegante posted:

Gordon Shumway?

we were watching the ALF TV movie, the one that was made years after the series was canceled and played on a different network with pretty much none of the original cast.

anyway, there's some convoluted sitcom thing that ends up with ALF, in disguise as a surgeon, called upon to perform surgery, and he says, "yes, it is I, the surgeon Gordon Shumway."

my grandfather, who has been watching this terrible movie in silence, really cracks up at this line. it turns out that the guy who invented heart-transplant surgery was named Norman Shumway.

that's the extent of the joke that they set up in standard sitcom Mousetrap-the-game style: his name sounds like this other guy's name.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Oh god dammit I had forgotten that movie existed and it’s all coming back to me now.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Snow Cone Capone posted:

TCC as a whole is mostly intensely depressing, and this is coming from someone who used to do a ton of drugs

You still do, but you used to too

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

El_Elegante posted:

You still do, but you used to too

When someone who think currently does a ton a drugs says they used to do a ton of drugs, don't disagree, just realize that they cut back from a literal ton to a metaphorical ton.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's more of a ton to tonne transition.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean you're not wrong, I still smoke lots of weed but I haven't touched the harder stuff in over a decade :shrug:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Weeds not a drug

Not when you compare it to some of the poo poo they make out of weed nowadays, anyway. I had some wax a while back that was listed as 95% THC

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The bees must have been high as gently caress.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

weed is a drug

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ChubbyChecker posted:

weed is a drug

Get a load of this square

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Coffee is a drug imo

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ChubbyChecker posted:

weed is a drug

Get a load of this narc.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

Weeds not a drug

Not when you compare it to some of the poo poo they make out of weed nowadays, anyway. I had some wax a while back that was listed as 95% THC

yeah despite decades of consistent smoking those concentrates are still a kick in the face

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Snow Cone Capone posted:

yeah despite decades of consistent smoking those concentrates are still a kick in the face

Everynow and then I think I am going to save some money by switching to wax and I always... Well, not exactly regret it, but get WAYYYYY to high

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, sounds like a drug.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It is (as is caffeine) but there are drugs and there are drugs y'know?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a drug.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

Everynow and then I think I am going to save some money by switching to wax and I always... Well, not exactly regret it, but get WAYYYYY to high

Same except Im still saving money so its win/win

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Paladinus posted:

It's a drug.

and it RULES

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hell yeah if loving weed is wrong then hail satan I don't want to be right

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Empty Sandwich posted:

we were watching the ALF TV movie, the one that was made years after the series was canceled and played on a different network with pretty much none of the original cast.

anyway, there's some convoluted sitcom thing that ends up with ALF, in disguise as a surgeon, called upon to perform surgery, and he says, "yes, it is I, the surgeon Gordon Shumway."

my grandfather, who has been watching this terrible movie in silence, really cracks up at this line. it turns out that the guy who invented heart-transplant surgery was named Norman Shumway.

that's the extent of the joke that they set up in standard sitcom Mousetrap-the-game style: his name sounds like this other guy's name.

Lmao, that rules

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Buying a coffee bong (Keurig) and baking an espresso cheesecake to get super caffeinated.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Confession time. When Reznor was singing about the perfect drug he was singing about me.

I am the perfect drug.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Confession time. When Reznor was singing about the perfect drug he was singing about me.

I am the perfect drug.

That can’t be right because he said it was about me!

What a liar.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ChubbyChecker posted:

weed is a drug

Now it is yes. The last time I did it it reminded me of the mellow end of an acid trip. It was much weaker in the 90s

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Spinz posted:

Now it is yes. The last time I did it it reminded me of the mellow end of an acid trip. It was much weaker in the 90s
Read an article in NYT today about how hallucinogens are the next big thing in pharmacology. And I was like "gently caress yeah, I wanna go to a dispensary and buy a bunch of acid or shrooms legally." I haven't done acid in almost 30 years and I wonder if regulated lsd would be stronger or weaker than a bunch of poo poo cooked up in a hippie's apartment in the Castro. Honestly guessing the latter.

Most memorable line from that article was "having a bad trip does not cause chromosomal damage." :psyduck:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah I have a handful of friends raving about how 0.25g doses of mushrooms are like life-changing for stuff like depression, I'm kind of curious tbh

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SubponticatePoster posted:

Read an article in NYT today about how hallucinogens are the next big thing in pharmacology. And I was like "gently caress yeah, I wanna go to a dispensary and buy a bunch of acid or shrooms legally." I haven't done acid in almost 30 years and I wonder if regulated lsd would be stronger or weaker than a bunch of poo poo cooked up in a hippie's apartment in the Castro. Honestly guessing the latter.

Most memorable line from that article was "having a bad trip does not cause chromosomal damage." :psyduck:

they decriminalized shrooms in Denver in 2019

well, not decriminalized, but put it at the bottom of the enforcement list under such crimes as jay walking and doggy style

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I have a friend who told me that a very minor dosage of shrooms managed his epilepsy better than prescription drugs ever did, and it still sounds sorta weird to me but I don't know enough about epilepsy or shrooms to have an opinion.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
even doing shrooms recreationally has given me a long term lift from depression, even though their efficacy was blunted by normal antidepressant meds

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

RFC2324 posted:

well, not decriminalized, but put it at the bottom of the enforcement list under such crimes as jay walking and doggy style

why, these are my 3 favorite crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
The only time I took shrooms I didnt take enough and nothing happened :(