Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Solice Kirsk posted:

:mad:

You better go buy that good boy a favorite toy right now damnit!

I like your dog :)

He's a very old but very good boy. :corsair:

e: Bonus photo from last year:

Acebuckeye13 has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Apr 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

RFC2324 posted:

Statistically, the most dangerous murderdog is the dachshund

I figured chihuahua would be higher. Such angry little bastards.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

RFC2324 posted:

Statistically, the most dangerous murderdog is the dachshund

I will not have my beloved dachshund slandered, madam! I demand satisfaction; pistols at dawn, no less.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slimy Hog posted:

:can: the best dog is a cat :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

RFC2324 posted:

In other sagas, remember when admitting you were posting in a less than sober state would get you probed?

Drunk posting is the best posting, from a sagas POV(sorry spinster, its still funny)

No worries. I appreciate everyone taking it easy on me until after I have passed away. :hai:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Dachsunds are great because we bred a handle onto them in case we needed to pull them out of a collapsed den.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Who was the poster who was obsessed with killing dogs? I want to say they actually ate a perma for something unrelated?

There were two recent ones that I can think of

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3918311&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post503636892

quote:

Tell that to the neighbor's dog that killed my pet chicken when I was 8 and I gut shot it with an arrow for revenge the following night.
Or the stray that I caught mauling my cat when I came home from work one morning ten years ago, and I broke it's back hip to skull with a shovel.
And when I get to hell I look forward to doing it again because there are plenty of bad dogs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

There was another here that was only a 3 day probe that resulted in a QCS thread before someone outside of cspam checked and rightfully permabanned the freak.

cowofwar posted:

Do you live where you can have a gun? If a pitbull ever gives you the legal right to kill it you need to do so as a public service. If those dogs aren’t trying to kill your chickens they are going to be trying to kill some kid. Dangerous dogs need to be destroyed at any and every opportunity.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

The QCS thread is pretty crazy.
Seriously why did the dog murder dude only get a 3 day

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

RFC2324 posted:

My theory is that its more of a fear reaction. They aren't properly socialized, so when they see a stranger they panic and attack. They are then coddled because on no momma little baby is scared, which tells them they acted properly.

I think they're attempting to do the same thing cats have figured out where even if the threat is ten times your size you can still neutralize it by the sheer audacity of your aggression.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

/\/\/\/\ I have discovered bunnies do the poo poo out of this lol.

Scarodactyl posted:

Dachsunds are great because we bred a handle onto them in case we needed to pull them out of a collapsed den.

a friend of mine theorized that chihuahuas were bred to hunt lions, and they got everything right except the size

during a different session he also talked about the vast herds of nauga beasts roaming the mexican plains that were the source of all the naugahyde

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Dogs are the best

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

christmas boots posted:

I think they're attempting to do the same thing cats have figured out where even if the threat is ten times your size you can still neutralize it by the sheer audacity of your aggression.

Oh, one of my minis absolutely did that, she would bark and posture at way bigger dogs and they'd usually back down because she was much more worked up than them.

:sigh: She never really stopped being neurotic even though she was given love and socialization her whole life and her brother who grew up in the exact same environment was completely chill.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

pentyne posted:

Is there some cspam culture thing going on I missed about pitbulls? I keep seeing people posting pics/vids/news stories of pit attacks in the cspam pictures thread and everyone seems pretty chill just writing off that dog species as a whole.

some posters just get weirdly obsessive about dogs.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3933685&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post506709698

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

RFC2324 posted:

In other sagas, remember when admitting you were posting in a less than sober state would get you probed?

Drunk posting is the best posting, from a sagas POV(sorry spinster, its still funny)

God that thread should have been closed instead of encouraged. It was so bad

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think the big thing is there's no such thing as a "murder dog"

Tell that to the judge when I strapped the rockets and knives to my Chow. They were at best a manslaughter dog.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Grimey Drawer

Computer touchers should be allowed to die out

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

christmas boots posted:

Wait, so how do they smell?

I don't know. But I do know I wasn't really prepared for seeing a picture of someone with a gaping hole where their nose used to be. Because of course she was the kind to show pictures

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Blue Footed Booby posted:

You have multiple probes for racism.

Both of them are from being drunk and angry at racists, but I am a bad poster so they were deserved, unless you're seriously accusing me, the jew, of being a fervent antisemite?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Len posted:

I don't know. But I do know I wasn't really prepared for seeing a picture of someone with a gaping hole where their nose used to be. Because of course she was the kind to show pictures

Terrible!

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Both of them are from being drunk and angry at racists, but I am a bad poster so they were deserved, unless you're seriously accusing me, the jew, of being a fervent antisemite?

You know who else was part Jewish?:godwinning:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Oh, one of my minis absolutely did that, she would bark and posture at way bigger dogs and they'd usually back down because she was much more worked up than them.

:sigh: She never really stopped being neurotic even though she was given love and socialization her whole life and her brother who grew up in the exact same environment was completely chill.

My dachshund is only half of one, the other half is probably doberman; she firmly believes she's about twice her size, and is pathologically incapable of not barking her stupid head off and/or trying to dash after every dog she sees, particularly the purebred doberman upstairs, who is her archnemesis. No amount of training or coddling or love has ever made her not an absolute zoomy maniac who will never back down

weirdly she seems to have a soft spot for puppies and will only give a cursory warning woof and then glare them down until they leave her line of sight

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

TheKennedys posted:

My dachshund is only half of one, the other half is probably doberman; she firmly believes she's about twice her size, and is pathologically incapable of not barking her stupid head off and/or trying to dash after every dog she sees, particularly the purebred doberman upstairs, who is her archnemesis. No amount of training or coddling or love has ever made her not an absolute zoomy maniac who will never back down

weirdly she seems to have a soft spot for puppies and will only give a cursory warning woof and then glare them down until they leave her line of sight

I had a chihuahua go after a 250lbs chocolate lab. He was grabbed by the hind leg, thrown a good 10ft into the bathroom, where he slida couple feet while getting his legs under him and charged back in

some of these dogs really are just fearless

side note, jake was normally chill as hell, and loved just hanging out with people, so its mostly socialization

Taciturn Tactician posted:

some dogs, just like some people, are just born high strung. they are still good dogs, they just need different care

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

some dogs, just like some people, are just born high strung. they are still good dogs, they just need different care

My high strung little dog is finally not scared of/aggressive at medium to big dogs, now that he's 14 and wears out on walks sooner and can't see or hear too well lol. He's the best :3:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Ironic bigotry is still bigotry :sweep: :sweep:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cats

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Agreed

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cats > dogs. There, I said it. Everyone was thinking it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I love my cats but they are a huge pain in the rear end.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hm that's not right

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

RFC2324 posted:

I had a chihuahua go after a 250lbs chocolate lab. He was grabbed by the hind leg, thrown a good 10ft into the bathroom, where he slida couple feet while getting his legs under him and charged back in

some of these dogs really are just fearless

side note, jake was normally chill as hell, and loved just hanging out with people, so its mostly socialization

Wait, a 250 pound labrador? Is that even possible without the dog being GE Cafe levels of morbidly obese? Even Newfies usually don't weigh 200 pounds.

Vincent Van Goatse has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Apr 7, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wait, a 250 pound labrador? Is that even possible without the dog being GE Cafe levels of morbidly obese?

My understanding was that a healthy weight for labs tops out somewhere in the 70s so that's one absolute unit of a dog.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

christmas boots posted:

My understanding was that a healthy weight for labs tops out somewhere in the 70s so that's one absolute unit of a dog.

Maybe it's four labs in a giant lab suit. They're pretty playful dogs and smart too, they could definitely pull it off they wanted.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

christmas boots posted:

X-ray of the animal reveals it to be 3 moderately chonky labs in a horse costume.

e: motherfucker! lol

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Maybe it's four labs in a giant lab suit. They're pretty playful dogs and smart too, they could definitely pull it off they wanted.

Didn't the Ang Lee Hulk movie back in 2003 have a hulk laborador? I know it had a hulk poodle so it's not that much of a stretch. It's probably one of those.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Don Gato posted:

Didn't the Ang Lee Hulk movie back in 2003 have a hulk laborador? I know it had a hulk poodle so it's not that much of a stretch. It's probably one of those.

Oh god those things were dumb. Possibly dumber than the dumbest goon saga, even.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PetraCore posted:

The poo poo that went down with KM and FYAD sucked, I have a trans friend who ended up leaving SA because she felt unsafe, and now that things have settled I don't think she's coming back because it actually kind of blows to weaponize transphobia to purge your posting enemies.

Nearly all of the people who did that have been banned or driven over to BnR, there's just that happy thread guy left and he's quiet now. Tell em it's safe. Tell em rats said to come back

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

some plague rats posted:

Nearly all of the people who did that have been banned or driven over to BnR, there's just that happy thread guy left and he's quiet now. Tell em it's safe. Tell em rats said to come back

hey I just wanted to say I like your AV a lot :)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snow Cone Capone posted:

hey I just wanted to say I like your AV a lot :)

He's a rowdy lad who loves to get his rear end kicked

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Imagine a Cat with built shoulders like a pitbull and jaw muscles that could break a tree

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ventral EggSac posted:

Imagine a Cat with built shoulders like a pitbull and jaw muscles that could break a tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Clicked this expecting Iron Crowned’s weird anti dog crusade.