Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

fun hater posted:

lol sorry i know this isnt the thread for this but please...what are people using thats not f.lux...i hate how it flips out when i try to use it and sharex at the same time and it was annoying to turn on and off.

Windows 10 has a Night Light setting, KDE has Night Color, and both Android and iOS usually have something similar. I'm pretty sure ChromeOS does, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Elise the Great wins for most homemade chili

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I'm curious how this got C-SPAM wound up, other than ArfJason's rather curious posting aura that makes people unreasonably angry at them for things that should only be slightly annoying. (See the second-to-last big QCS blowup that had what, four mod casualties?)

some plague rats posted:

The part that wound people up was that it wasn't just the one recipe, Arf posted about 30 of them one after another in the pictures thread with no comment and no response to anyone, driving people absolutely mad
That and people endlessly quoting them in full size.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

bloom posted:

I just post with my monitor off. No need to worry about blue or any other kinda light

post by sense of smell

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

sebmojo posted:

post by sense of smell

that posting wizard's got such a supple wrist

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

Didn't he also get banned from Twitter for the first time for "joking" about hitting some female politician with a chessboard? Lots of really suspect "jokes," in retrospect.

i think this one is less "lowtax hates women" and more "nancy pelosi loving sucks as a human being" tbh

broken clock and all that

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

Didn't he also get banned from Twitter for the first time for "joking" about hitting some female politician with a chessboard? Lots of really suspect "jokes," in retrospect.

Even his username should have been a big hint. (change some of the letters in lowtax and add some other ones, and it spells 'beat women fun good time')

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Crespolini posted:

Even his username should have been a big hint. (change some of the letters in lowtax and add some other ones, and it spells 'beat women fun good time')

Wow, it turns out we all were the ones with our monitors off the entire time...how could we be so blind?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It was either Lowtax himself or some front page writer that poo poo-talked one of Boll's movies, and Boll as a publicity stunt challenged him and a few others. Lowtax was one of four who accepted.

I haven't watched this in a while but it's obvious that Lowtax expected it to be a gag match for funsies, and he starts out by showboating and dancing around. When Uwe saw an opening he went in and just walloped him, it's great.

Important note: Uwe Boll made the challenge before Lowtax wrote the article. He specifically wrote the article so that he could fight Uwe Boll. He thought it was gonna be a joke fight or something.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Uwe told Lowtax that it wasn't a serious fight and that he'd help train him. It turns out both those things were lies and very funny.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

and something about a gas chamber as well. Twitter doesn't normally ban that quickly for jokes, so I really wonder if he was sending abusive dms

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Snow Cone Capone posted:

i think this one is less "lowtax hates women" and more "nancy pelosi loving sucks as a human being" tbh

broken clock and all that

drat we C-Spammed so hard we went back to defending Lowtax.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

To be fair, all of Lowtax's matches beforehand had been amateur bouts.

(apologies to all survivors of domestic violence; DV perpetrators are scum and deserve to be made fun of, the survivors certainly not)

Marcade has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Jun 24, 2021

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

drat we C-Spammed so hard we went back to defending Lowtax.

to be clear: absolutely loving not, lowtax is a tremendous piece of poo poo, also I will never post in a politics forum how dare you

e: pelosi loving sucks though

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Famethrowa posted:

and something about a gas chamber as well. Twitter doesn't normally ban that quickly for jokes, so I really wonder if he was sending abusive dms

He was banned from twitter very quickly multiple times. At the time, people thought that someone at twitter must have had a grudge against SA. It really is uncanny how good abusers are at hiding in people's blind spots and allowing the generosity that people naturally extend to one another to just cover over everything about them. Because you don't assume another person is behaving monstrously in secret when they have a reasonable explanation about how they've been treated unfairly, at least not for the first few times.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Twitter bans are a coinflip but IIRC the first ban was for "throw a checkerboard at nancy pelosi" and the 2nd ban was for "trap some popular right-wing youtube guy in a box and fill it with concrete"

I mean I got multiple slurs and an actual death threat from a dude with "White Rights" in his bio with no action taken, then I got banned for telling him I was going to transform into a cloud of chlorine gas and hover over his house til he suffocated so :shrug:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Twitter bans are a coinflip but IIRC the first ban was for "throw a checkerboard at nancy pelosi" and the 2nd ban was for "trap some popular right-wing youtube guy in a box and fill it with concrete"

I mean I got multiple slurs and an actual death threat from a dude with "White Rights" in his bio with no action taken, then I got banned for telling him I was going to transform into a cloud of chlorine gas and hover over his house til he suffocated so :shrug:

drat that's a good threat. I might have to borrow that.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Marcade posted:

LOL!!!!!!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Marcade posted:

:stonklol:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got a temp ban for calling someone a wife beater and it seemed to basically happen automatically. I think some words or phrases are automatically flagged for moderation. Now I only reply to his tweets with a link to the news report of that person's arrest for domestic abuse.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
it depends who you're replying to.

if they have a blue tick then there's definitely a list of terms that'll get you temp-banned and then just banned if you do it like 3 times.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I tweeted to Ken Jennings something like "the domino meme but it goes from Bean Dad to you losing the Jeopardy gig" and Twitter made me take it down if I wanted to post ever again. I declined.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Yeah, we don't really need to rewrite history and make Twitter out to be some force that was good the whole time. The Pelosi comment really isn't anything in and of itself, but in context with everything else we know about him, it just sits differently.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

fun hater posted:

lol sorry i know this isnt the thread for this but please...what are people using thats not f.lux...i hate how it flips out when i try to use it and sharex at the same time and it was annoying to turn on and off.

unless you are using an operating system that would actually require knowing enough not to ask this question, the options are built into the OS.

even with alot of the ones that do require knowing a bunch, tbh

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

i wear my sunglasses when i post

e: So I can, so I can
See the poo poo-post that's right before my eyes

Shifty Nipples has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Jun 24, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Shifty Nipples posted:

i wear my sunglasses when i post

e: So I can, so I can
See the poo poo-post that's right before my eyes

:swoon:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

:respek:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I tweeted to Ken Jennings something like "the domino meme but it goes from Bean Dad to you losing the Jeopardy gig" and Twitter made me take it down if I wanted to post ever again. I declined.

I got sent to twitter jail for calling Ted Cruz a fucker once

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
with great sadness i announce i have win 8 which is why i asked but im moving to win 10 eventually so its moot anyway in the long run i suppose. ty goons

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

fun hater posted:

with great sadness i announce i have win 8 which is why i asked but im moving to win 10 eventually so its moot anyway in the long run i suppose. ty goons

Sounds like a win-win

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

i got twitter banned for saying i hope they got the bastards that killed pat tillman in the replies of a tweet about that hero. i won my appeal immediately by saying "it was a joke, and a good one at that"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mr. Fix It posted:

i got twitter banned for saying i hope they got the bastards that killed pat tillman in the replies of a tweet about that hero. i won my appeal immediately by saying "it was a joke, and a good one at that"

:drat:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Just like in life, Pat Tillman got lit up for being out of position.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mr. Fix It posted:

It's a very good joke.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Fun fact Pat Tillman wrote increasingly frustrated diatribes about the military in his diary and specifically complained about his celebrity status being used for propaganda.

Also there was a cartoon coverup like they just burned his personal affects instead of sending them to his wife.

He'd approve of the joke

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah the entire coverup and media blitz around Tillman was like something out of a Coen brothers film

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fun fact Pat Tillman wrote increasingly frustrated diatribes about the military in his diary and specifically complained about his celebrity status being used for propaganda.

Also there was a cartoon coverup like they just burned his personal affects instead of sending them to his wife.

He'd approve of the joke

He was basically on his way to being a communist. If they hadn’t killed him he’d have been openly supporting the anti-war movement.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Josh Christ posted:

Free benghazi 2

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

quote:

PERMABAN 06/26/21 10:49am Josh Christ Permabanned User Benghazi2. Fluffdaddy Fluffdaddy

:lol:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
How do cspammers remember the names of so many posters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

How do cspammers remember the names of so many posters

postingenemies.xls