Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Inceltown posted:

Starting to think the forums would be better off modding everyone except the mods.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Heath posted:

That's a hell of a rap sheet

I sincerely wonder whether this was supposed to be some kind of gimmick or if Guy Mann is just the most cynical person on Earth, because I don't think I ever one saw him post about a topic with anything approaching joy or sincere interest or anything other than just wretched sarcasm

Yeah. What's he infamous for? I don't know him except for recognizing his dour rear end posts

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

PotU posted:

love the admin making a pedophile the mod of the forum titled minority rapport and then apologizing to said pedophile in the ban message

he doesn't have to explain himself

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she
She says, "Hey, babe
Lay an egg on the wild side"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
boooo

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

rodbeard posted:

I couldn't sign up for twitter as my usual internet nickname because it was already taken by somebody who actually was named Rod Beard

:owned:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

fool of sound posted:

He was a pyf mod at some point iirc.

I completely believe this

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Nuns with Guns posted:

...The Pet Island mod who roasted a parrot. etc.

Doesn't seem like they're a meaty enough bird to bother roasting, but it takes all kinds I suppose

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

iwentdoodie posted:

Glad it's not just me, I was super confused why someone was bragging about being creepy and animated CP being in their wheel house and mad that another user had horned in on their gig. I figured it was them applying for Cyranos spot until I got a few more pages in.

lmao, filling out the SA mod application form is some depraved poo poo

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

FilthyImp posted:

Anyone else get a tinge of surreality when you remember people hoarding milk and TP a year ago?

add some eggs and in a pinch you can make ersatz french toast out of milk and tp

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Animal-Mother posted:

"Due to his racism and his lengthy screed about getting a blowjob from a baby, we no longer trust this person to be an administrator of the Something Awful forums. He will, however, still moderate the gun section. Case closed."

:hellyeah:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

CannonFodder posted:

Actual old time forums story: In May 2000, when the SA Forums were about to move to VBulliten from whatever they were before, the population was just a few hundred at most. Lowtax had said he was moving the forums to VBulliten. Someone was constantly refreshing the page and managed to sign up as "Admin" with the password "Admin" because that was the default. He then stayed an actual forums administrator for a year or two until someone figured it out.

Also the rollover to the new forum software happened near midnight of May 31st / June 1st so sometimes there are a few very early accounts that show up as 5/31/2000 reg date depending on time zone and DST and other dumb stuff.

quote:

Someone was constantly refreshing the page and managed to sign up as "Admin" with the password "Admin" because that was the default. He then stayed an actual forums administrator for a year or two until someone figured it out.

LMAO

quote:

He then stayed an actual forums administrator for a year or two until someone figured it out.

LMAOx2

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

steinrokkan posted:

but not fat

as god is my witness ,they are not at all fat

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I'm kinda pissed off that Reddit had a pedo mod. That's SA's thing and they fuckin stole it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Greader posted:

People took it one step further when a chemical called Anima (I think it was called) got introduced. It's one of the game's secret chemicals and from what I remember requires quite a bit of work to get, including exploring the special adventure areas which exist as a entire pve style realm to explore and find cool and weird poo poo in. Now, what anima does is fairly simple: Any object that gets some of it on it will become "alive", basically turning into a floating enemy that naturally hates everything and will attack whoever is closest by smashing into them repeatedly.

Now, some insane bastard came up with the wonderful idea of making one of those crashwiches and deciding to sprinkle some anima on it. Now, normally a crashwich is only dangerous if you mouse over it or someone somehow interacts with it since the client crashing only happens when it tries to load the insanely long name. This living crashwich though would happily attack anyone daring to get close, so once some poor guy got inevitably bonked by a sandwich with a name the length of an entire novel, their and everyone in line of sight's client crashed. Which meant they could not run away or in any way defend themselves, nevermind even attack the flying sandwich of doom so their bodies were stuck mindlessly standing around and being attacked, which of course meant that whenever someone decided to walk to that area of the station their chatbox would almost instantly try to spell out the client-killing word that is the name of the living crashwich. This essentially created an entire zone of the station that one couldn't get close to without their client dying, and of course there was no way for anyone to warn about this happening.

Sadly I forgot how the round ended, I can only assume that the poor admins upon hearing that most of the station inevitably became mindless husks due to a single food item they had no choice but to restart the server.

That's beautiful

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Deformed Church posted:

Here's another one, I vaguely recall some drama around whether or not it was animal cruelty to squeeze your cat with tongs. I think EPW was caught up in it around the time they crashed out? Does anyone remember how that went down?

I say "TONG YOU VERY MUCH!" when I tong my pets. The smarter ones hate it more than the dumb ones

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hellbastard's mom, the incredibly hot lady with a flaming skull, who a games mod wanted to turn into a living toilet

Y'know, it's a safe bet Axemaniac did want to turn her into a toilet, so this isn't that much of a mixup

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Shellception posted:

Also, recently someone paid to replace a bunch of FYAD posters' animated avatars with reaaaaally slow motion versions of them, prompting a thread in the technical forum to ask why animated avatars had stopped working in FYAD. That one was relatively low-flying, but it was a masterful troll nevertheless.

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Acerbatus posted:

My favorite part of this is all of that, in the dark past of 2015, was worth a week probe.

he still posts here btw lmao

wow, I thought he got the boot back when it happened

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

pentyne posted:

... I remember someone insisting in QCS anyone advising people to lie in order to get the vaccine should be banned/probed.

lmao, lmfao, rofl, loln lmao &c.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

promising carl posted:

Somebody tried starting a QCS chat thread, which was summarily gassed and everybody in the thread got a sixer.

Hahaha, righteous

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

astral posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l--BvXpaGq4

This was posted on SA eons ago, and I heard that there was an SA thread about or that led to its creation. Anyone know anything about this?

I remember when it was posted but I don't know if there was a thread. I really enjoyed seeing it again :zoid:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The wetsteak is the real louisgod deepcut IMO

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

I'll send my a s s to the world
I'll send my a s s to the world
I hope that some one sees my
greedo in my butthole

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

quote:

A mulatto
An albino
A mosquito
Butthole Greedo

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm dumb as hell what's agp

autogynephilia

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Alaois posted:

my favorite raspy-related thing is when the user Fucker got permabanned for being a raspy rereg even though they weren't, and after unbanning them the admins had to issue an announcement to stop reporting the user Fucker for being a raspy rereg

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Reading the mangosteen thread was hilarious. I hadn't realized how early it was. Lowtax just shilling poo poo to teenagers and they all just clowned on him until he ran away. Hilarious.

SO DON'T loving BUY IT, DON'T DRINK IT, AND DON'T CLICK MY LINKS

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Empty Sandwich posted:

Rosencrantz and mangosteen are dead

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
I was off the forums for most of one summer, like 2009?ish and when I came back a ton of people had sex robot avatars. Like, old sco fi cover robots with some sort of catchphrase about banging robots on it. What was that all about?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Inceltown posted:

It was really funny but you had to be there.

it didn't seem that funny, but I wasn't there

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

MarcusSA posted:

Wait there is a coupons sub forum??

Always has been

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Snow Cone Capone posted:

W98 was demodded before he even became a mod, somehow

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Sigh ...... read the FAQ please. The mod of gbs in 2009 was never filmed having sex in a bathroom stall. Everyone knows this. They were, however, filmed jacking off, but only their face. Maybe lurk more????

:circlefap:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I found a radium bug trying to buy someone an account last night.

hahahahahaha omfg

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

that's an excellent username :cheers:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Tunicate posted:

1) first few letters of name contain a 'c' and an 'a'
2) name ends in a number

good enough for me, case closed

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

goons are incredibly stupid people

Snow Cone Capone posted:

but you have heard of us!

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Peachfart posted:

"Do Not Hit With Bat"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a kitten posted:

Bad phrasing on my part. My memory was good, but i wrote it off because it seemed unlikely.

However, i did just learn that he was also KOMPRESSOR and that makes me happy enough to forget about second-guessing myself.

KOMPRESSOR was M R Cracker? Is that right? My mind is completely blown. I had KOMPRESSOR CDs and even the KOMPRESSOR messenger bag but it got stolen from my car