Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I have a distinct memory of Shine lifting a couch over his head. but I don't remember why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

thank you. that was a fun thread.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

pyf posting enemies

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=0

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Never not laugh at posters who yell "all mods are cops".

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Professor of Cats posted:

Hahahah everyone point and laugh at this dummy.

laughing at terrible guy mann posts is a time-honored tradition.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Inceltown posted:

Reaganbook

and before Reaganbook it was Tea Party Community.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

it's been 4 years. about time for another "forums top dog" contest imho.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Mass murder is always bad but lol, political ideologies are not comparable to being gay or a PoC or something jesus christ goons.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

But also lol at joining a kiwi farm discord

even worse, it was a sass discord. so even older and lamer.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

pentyne posted:

The only reply to anyone saying "jorp is an ~intellectual~ " is just this

And before anyone asks, no it's not from a lore guide to the world of Gor.

Man, star trek fanfic just gets wilder and wilder

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

falling on your sword

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3947612

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Inceltown posted:

That deserves a better ban reason than just 'goatse'

thread deserves to be goldmined :colbert:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Thanks for the clarification, so from what I'm seeing they are just two characters from the Something Awful Conspiracy Expose Cinematic Universe

Fly molo I understand claimed a female fyad user living outside the United States of giving lowtax sexual favors to reopen fyad, which lol

and laid it all out in the CCCC webcomics thread. like you do.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Lol just remembering we were in the same covid thread when happy thread was furiously defending the honour of taint runner and claiming you were starting a forum invasion

lmao. i guess that's what i get for getting tired of their insufferable forums conspiracy posting in the covid-19 thread, or taintrunners obsession with making literally every ill in the world tie back to biden like a boomer trying to win a christmas lights contest with a single outdoor outlet, and :justpost:ing.

looking forward to dumb lowtax hitching themselves to another forums superstar

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

of course not, i post on something awful

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

El_Elegante posted:

Can anyone hook me up with the Koalas March post where she says “believe women, which also means believe me”

that was head admin zyla over at breadnroses.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Smythe posted:

who was this on this forum and can u link me their profile or rap sheet thanks i cant remember :cheersdoge:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=146847

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

loving splintercels.

lmao. well done.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/caylenb/status/1276346538487189504?s=20

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

I'm not going to fault an african-american man interpreting the word "light" in an insult to refer to his skin color instead of his weight.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

sweet geek swag posted:

No one is saying that it was unreasonable for him to think that. It's just after all those people chimed in and said "That's a fat joke dude," his reaction was pretty dismissive.

yeah, cause it's also a racist joke.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

some plague rats posted:

I mean that would rely on people knowing he was a light-skinned black guy, as he put it afterwards, as opposed to just calling him fat which you can say about everyone on the internet

other people, yeah. for their responses.

Homeless Friend posted:

its like mlk said: i am deeply disappointed in the black moderator

but homeless friend knew before they made that joke.

just seems weird to me when people keep painting this as a "homeless friend got a ban+30 for making a fat joke". cause there's more to it than that and it's a bad look to gloss over those details.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

only thing missing from the OP is links to previous sagas threads. as far as the thread vibe, it always seemed a mix of old stories and current gossip. I say let it ride until we have a good enough live event to goldmine it.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

seeing news on razer's newest release made me think of kirk and his reaction to a previous razer release.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

the story of the save station menu got to me.

Bisse posted:

The Save Station Menu

Lazrool had Dark Drakers to sour his B2 dev life, I had the Save Station Menu.

The Save Station Menu is just a menu. It allows you to save but also is where you check equipment, refresh stats, level up, fuse gun's, etc. Nothing really extraordinary about it. What is extraordinary is that it was trash binned and recreated from scratch five times.

The first version was an incomplete prototype. Then it was time to add remaining functionality. When we looked at it there was fierce team discussions about its design. Some including me saw potential to make it more user friendly, others wanted to just stick to the original design since it worked and was there. To be honest if you asked me today I would definitely just have kept what was there.

Anyway we came up with new ideas and someone made a second version. This one was a bit buggy and also never quite made it past the prototype stage. But it felt like an improvement. We tackled other more important things and left it to be continued later.

Then one day we open the project and suddenly there is a new Save Station Menu in there, looking similar to the original design but obviously a third new version. Some quite reasonable questions were asked: Who made this and why? Why in the original design? Who took the decision to remove the previous one? Why wasn't the team told? The answer was someone in ToG inner circle had asked someone, I think GZ but am not sure, to remake it according to the original design without informing anyone. The whole thing was just strange.

Aaanyway years passed and the game changed and the menu needed a do-over again, we had the same user interface discussions again, and landed on something which I hunkered down in my code cave and built. There are two screenshots of Version 4 in this update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/talesofgames/barkley-2-an-rpg-sequel-to-barkley-shut-up-and-jam/posts/1335376
To be honest I quite loved this. Also I made this during a time I was out of country with just a macbook and GM:S needs windows, so I bought a new Windows laptop specifically for building this during a time I could otherwise have enjoyed seeing the country.

Then came a personal hiatus due to stress, few months later I shaped up and decided to get back in gear, I open the project, check out the menu and. Lo and behold. There is a new menu again, a version 5. In the original design. Of course no one had bothered to inform me.

And that moment soured me on B2.

Just the utter lack of communication combined with watching your hard work get thrown out gets to me. The big dev stories posts started beginning of June '19, and there's a lot of interesting ones. Beware the dark drakers.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

pentyne posted:

Is there some cspam culture thing going on I missed about pitbulls? I keep seeing people posting pics/vids/news stories of pit attacks in the cspam pictures thread and everyone seems pretty chill just writing off that dog species as a whole.

some posters just get weirdly obsessive about dogs.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3933685&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post506709698

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

Has BathDoom guy made any new projects

Yeah, but they're all pretty normal looking and well made. He still posts in DIY occasionally.

joylessdivision posted:

It's incredibly frustrating to try and go back and read any of those stories because a lot of them are blanked. I know a few are still floating around the forums but I can't for the life of me tell you what they were about. Maybe ghost stories? I remember whichever one I did read, the protagonist was the most bad rear end of bad asses and it was extremely obvious how fictional the whole thing was.

Scuttlebutt I heard was they got blanked as part of a publishing deal for his stories. I think there's a book or two of them on amazon, but I don't have links.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Heath posted:

He also once appeared in the chat of the RedLetterMedia spinoff stream with Rich Evans and Jack Packard playing video games and ended up completely baffling Jack (although I forget what the topic was.) He was being exactly as tedious as you'd expect

https://i.imgur.com/Pliu9OG.mp4

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

They both did. zoux did it to one poster in the dnd chat thread. negromancer got two posters in either USPol or one of the spinoffs to do it. Should be on their rap sheets.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

I love that the witchcraft thread was a spinoff from a cspam mod feedback thread. Because the op decided to start posting tarot readings as a pitch to be an ik.

clockwork chaos posted:

Im deffo not smart
i need to get back into witchy tarot readings and poo poo, would be a fun probe gimmick

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

am I wrong in saying that this entire situation would not have happened if a random goon hadn't screenshotted the fact that Brown Moses was reading the Free Larry thread?

a bit. it's been a low-key thing i've seen thrown around parts of cspam for a while

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

scientastic makes good chili

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837693

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3948176

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

i mean, in the abstract i would call keeping an animal indoors-only outright cruel. like if you think your house is an ideal environment for any animal, you're making GBS threads yourself.

but all those predators do exist, and worse- humans. i've had a cat get out on halloween and not come back, and i doubt that was an accident.

and in some circumstances, yeah, there may also be a conservation concern. just don't trick yourself into thinking you're righteous for keeping your cat indoors in the majority of the ecosystems goons live in. the only attempt to estimate the number of racoons in north america was about 5-10 million (they coexist very well with humans) and they'll be glad to pick up any slack you make from keeping from your housecat indoors.

e: i'm also a tad skeptical of our ability to manage the phenomenon of invasive species except in isolated areas and specific cases where the mechanism behind the spread of the species is relatively easy to monitor. like there are two global colonial species on Earth- humans, and the ants which have formed a global supercolony. what can we do about this? probably nothing, the supercolony is likely more resilient than our own species.

this is the dumbest thing i've read on this website holy poo poo lmao

please keep your cat indoors. they can and do impact the local wildlife. if you're so concerned about your home environment not being a "good ecosystem" for a domestic animal holy poo poo don't get a pet.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

i'd feel a lot worse about your saying that if you had read the post

i've read your posts. i don't think you have that capacity.

still lmaoing at the idea that raccoons will "be glad to pick up any slack you make from keeping from your housecat indoors". on top of all the other dumb stuff you've posted.

but seriously, don't let your domesticated animals interact with wildlife. they're not native species anymore, or in the case of domesticated cats in the americas, they never were.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

cool. i posted an analysis which indicates that removal of cat predation can actually have an negative impact on wildlife in some cases, in new zealand, an ecosystem in which cats are far more alien than they are to north america.

you have: incredulous laughter at the idea anyone might even slightly disagree with you

here, let me help you by quoting a relevant sentence again:

yeah, because they ate the invasive rats. unfortunately they do not limit themselves to just those invasive species, as your quoted paper goes on to state.

quote:

It is easier to identify the damage done by cats on islands and most of the conservation problems and extinctions blamed on cats have happened on islands where cats are an invader species. The fauna of these environments have often evolved without pressure from cats and are vulnerable to them. In New Zealand a few bird species have become extinct due to cat predation (Stephens Island wren, Little Barrier snipe) but many local island populations have been severely reduced by cats. On Herekopare Island cats eliminated yellow-crowned parakeets, robins, fernbirds, brown creeper, New Zealand snipe, banded rails and broad billed prions. However even on the main islands of New Zealand cats have had significant impact on black stilts, and black fronted terns and in some places skinks are an important part of their diet.

please keep your domesticated cats indoors.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

packetmantis posted:

This is a really weird meltdown.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Paladinus posted:

It's just a cat, let it enjoy fresh air for a while.

an good example

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Every single modmin is ultimately proven to be incredibly depraved and morally bankrupt. This has shown to be the case without exception.

more like old mod list