Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

quote:

There's a person under that couch! When's the last time you cleaned up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that two worlds post has a hell of a leading paragraph, i'll give it that

what even scrambles a person's brain like that? schizophrenia + way too much internet?

Oxxidation has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Sep 1, 2020

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CPColin posted:

Or when XJAKK stuck the guts of a ball-point pen up his pee hole and punctured his wiener

just crossed my legs so hard my thighs could crush coal into diamonds

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
glad to know that coolguye is even more of a loser than I thought he was

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Danaru posted:

It came way more recently but one time coolguy got mad at me for saying theres no objectively best class in XCOM 2 and after posting several novels that I refused to read, tried to get me to settle it "the usual way". I never knew what that meant until now :hmbol:

He also confused me for being someone who rips on him all the time, which if you're at a point where people rip on you so constantly you cant tell them apart, maybe you should post better

precision apparently spend years thinking i was two separate posters, simultaneously, both of whom he'd (incorrectly) doxxed

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Some Goon posted:

What did LF stand for?

laissez's-faire

the latest to-do in cspam is a poster saying "gonna kill myself cya" got the usual mental-health sixer, and this time it's being met by people screaming that the mods literally murdered them by issuing a probe instead of letting the rest of the thread "help" them

we may overlook the fact that they couldn't "help" themselves to a second cupcake at a birthday party

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the last time i saw posts of people crying out "this is our home, please don't take away our home" was during the Troubles and it might as well be a sign that the forums' level of collective psychosis has hit fever pitch

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HOLY gently caress posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842

This is my favorite thread of all time: someone posts a lovely razer ~gaming tablet~ and it breaks poster Kirk’s mind and they have a majestically disgusting meltdown over like 10 pages

quote:

:stonk:

quote:

you're a mod for god's sake, DO SOMETHING

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

If this is true and they are so committed to their ideology that they cant take a breather even for something as petty as SA, then :brainworms: I guess.

when you find yourself unable to stop or even inconvenience the malice of actual authorities then you start grasping for victory wherever you can

the punchline is they constantly gently caress that up, too

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

DigitalRaven posted:

The problem with a Guy Mann ownathon is that none of us could own him better than he already has. We only have to put up with his insufferably terrible posting, but every minute of every day he has to deal with being Guy Mann.

he apparently shares the results of his trolling with his "tumblr expat partner" (his words) but to my mind that makes a weird basis for a relationship

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

Someone started a "chill" landlord thread in byob.

It immediately descend into honeybee chat and is being watched to ensure it stays chill. Very good chance the byob mods are going see a cspam mob rushing in to demand blood and death.

it's not a "chill' landlord thread, it's a chill "landlord" thread

beekeepers, lawn care providers, hedge wizards, et cetera

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is going to sound like a very stupid question, so I am sorry.

But I was thinking about the Koalas March thing, and how she had a sock puppet account where she would praise herself and say how awesome she was, so other people would notice/like her.

Has there ever been the case of the opposite? i.e. Where a poster has a sock puppet that follows them around saying how poo poo and bad they are? They would do this so they get noticed by other people, and also to get internet sympathy, because from the perspective of everybody else they would be being picked on by a stranger for no reason.

turtlicious briefly did this after the cow-bombing ban, iirc

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
everything i read about web novels makes a pit open up in my stomach, it's like the worst of the fanfic scene merged with the self-pub romance craze back when kindle unlimited first launched

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

I'm sorry, but I've been trying to parse this sentence all morning. Are you saying that the Japanese Self Defense Force published an official web novel, or that someone wrote a web novel titled "Gate: Thus the JSDF?"

the latter, i vaguely remember the collective "what the gently caress is this" chatter when the adaptation showed up in adtrw

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

It’s insane to me that I’ve never read a single post of guy mann’s. Every trash thing I’ve read from them is under the sleeveless handle. What a powerful brand, to be associated with your old username like that.

he's hopscotched across four different accounts (that i know of) as previous ones were banned. apparently sleeveless is actually the original?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

the man was pulling in 14k a month for doing maybe two hours of work a week, tops, and now this

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that ban was a side effect of cascadebeta's and koala's march's bumblefuck boogaloo and should be rescinded on those grounds alone

nothing that those idiots and their hanger-ons did should be allowed to have any permanence

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The US politics thread apparently has had a derail of people posting their first concert for like a dozen pages so I’ve given up on trying to catch up on it, and it’s the kind of forums saga I freaking hate. Goons do it a lot and it’s just endless scrolling through anecdotes from strangers. But goons will always shout you down if you suggest it’s annoying :(

There are whole threads, forums even, for posting pet pics/yelling about food/etc. I come to a thread to read about the topic of the thread. If the topic of the thread is depressing no one is forcing you to read or post in it, go cheer up in the thread for birb pics and come back later!

It’s funny when it’s “this is the corvid thread now” but when it happens naturally, it gets interspersed with people trying to post normally and people arguing about the derail, and turns whole pages unreadable.

lol don't be such a whiner

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
looks like cspam has gone mad with power

except for all the people in cspam who did not get power. they're going mad without power

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

Speaking of Azure, his old LPs were removed from the LP archive eventually right? Was Shadow Catboy's?

doesn't look that way, his planescape one is still around

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

So, uh, what's the deal with gangtags?

I never really bothered following what they were/mean, but the QCS thread is...exploding.

the "nojoe" gangtag was for posters in cspam who pledged not to vote for joe biden in the election. in theory it was just a less consequential version of an election toxx, in practice it became a way for most of the posters with that gangtag to basically go "neener neener, liberal" on the politics forums

now that biden has been elected, the "nojoe" tag has been revised to simply say "joe." some of them are not taking this well

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it's a spectrum really, there's knowledgeable/active people on there

otoh cspam's current favored son is a man who married a millionaire heiress, which supports his lifestyle of sitting and making post

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is there a thread for posting that lmfao, 99% of this website agrees with cspam including myself, but doesn't go there because it's a ton of fast-moving shitpost megathreads i can't read with occasional good information hidden inside? Information I have genuinely benefited from, even. But the only time cspam apparently comes to anywhere outside of cspam is another wave of dumbshit posts about imagined shitlibs and cop mods who don't understand our forum!!!!

seriously get an offsite whoever believes this poo poo

they have an offsite. i think they have several?

but when your personality revolves around going "i told you so" then you need to be around people who don't agree with you

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CAROL posted:

I'm going to arrest all the creatures of the land and all the creatures of the sea.

you've got your work cut out for you, cephalopods are wily critters

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

that first bullet point took me on a journey

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You should probably move before they fall on your head

:dadjoke:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

food court bailiff posted:

The latest autoban is a bit of a trip.

jupiter jazz has always had a screw or two loose, they go on jags where they post manically for a few days/weeks at a time and then flame out

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
since now we're talking about ovens, the one in my apartment is one of those half-sized jobbers with standing gas pilot lights (i.e., the pilots are always on)

it cooks well enough but it's a pain in the rear end to clean, you've got to shut off the gas and re-light the pilots because otherwise the stovetop will just boil away whatever cleaners you're using

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

for all the brains fried by LF and the state of the world since the 2010s there were some true artists posting among us back then. now the vast majority of any sagas stuff we get are people just outright losing their minds and deciding to post about it continuously but not in a funny or creative way.

sometimes the former turns into the latter, like martin random

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pentyne posted:

TonyMontana: Couldn't find the original account permaban

he was never perma'd but this was his final rapsheet entry

Tony Montana posted:

What I hate about these loving threads.. WHAT DO YOU DO?

WHO THE gently caress ARE YOU?

No no let me go into detail about my opinions and how people are and blah blah loving blah, WHO ARE YOU? Are you some loving kid working helpdesk? Are you some shithead Gen Y than never went to school and is now realising how being the world's bitch on the bottom of the education pile was actually a bad loving move and perhaps you should have finished your education before 'following your dreams' or whatever bullshit you do?

Ok. OP. Answer these questions in this order

1) What do you do
2) What level of education do you have
3) How old are you

I'm BETTING that you're some useless kid working a nothing job making GBS threads your pants about NOTHING. The reason some useless oval office has waltzed in above you is because you're ANOTHER USELESS oval office. The loving entitlement from people these days.. unless you're going to tell me you did a 4 year degree and do something more than tell people to turn on and off their computers then shut the gently caress up, learn to deal with other people in the world (many of which might not adhere to your ideals of what the gently caress ever) and understand you're probably the BOTTOM OF THE PILE and WHAT THAT ACTUALLY MEANS IN THE MODERN WORLD.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

tony has a habit of whipsawing from an aggressively friendly "1980's era real estate salesman" persona to psychopathic jags of coke-fueled rage. as this post implies, he is also a wealthy software engineer and very sensitive about his class status

he fascinates me, in an anthropological kind of way

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Dogs pretending to be people.

they're just really into basketball

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

He's the one who like the Coldly Compiled Lists and kind of enabled the attitude around reporting inconsequential things like all those examples in the "Stop reporting stupid poo poo" thread. He was driven mad by a catchphrase.

also he whined about his demodding so much that one of the admins (either ozma or fistgrrl i think?) called him out on the carpet in front of QCS and said that his star got stripped off because he was just that tedious to deal with

seems kind of quaint after this year, but then again, what doesn't

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wes Warhammer posted:

This reminds me of something I saw on Twitter that felt like something that would have happened in yesteryear SA. Some guy bought a bunch of PS5s and started selling them at ridiculous prices ($900 for digital-only, $1100 for one with a disc drive) while going "gently caress your feelings :smug:" only for him to get robbed and delete his Twitter

because he also attached a piece of paper displaying his full name on said ps5 throne

like covering yourself in chum and jumping into a piranha tank

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this is the koala's march saga all over again

a schism corrected by good posting

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

perepelki posted:

i don't think anyone made fun of him for that. iirc his partner was being "harassed" by fyad, so for some reason he took the battle to innocent ladythread, and also the harassment was arfjason pming her high-res photos of flatscreen televisions

such power......

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
haven't seen that shade of yellow since my grandpa's house

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

that guy's been down too long in the midnight sea, if you see what i mean

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
iirc taint reaper was just very good at making innocuous statements that had the same effect on a conversation that a steel girder has on a spinning jet turbine

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Phy posted:

You're forgetting pilonidal cysts

well, i just had a fun adventure on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

the goon who drank mercury

"maybe a thermometer broke in his mouth" - me, a fool, reading the first paragraph

tbf he was a little kid at the time. the reason childproof locks exist for sink cabinets is because we all believed that various liquids would be tasty if they were sufficiently neon-colored