Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

pentyne posted:

The Kheldragar-Call Now love dump.
One of them was 16 and the other was much older
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594991&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I've heard about this but never read it, holy poo poo that was creepy

vyelkin posted:

I should mention that I'm pretty certain this was a real game because I played it as a kid. I haven't read the thread and don't know how much of the thread might have been embellishing on the game itself, but the game was definitely real.

No it wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Apparently bird got added to the leper colony image at some point

JOHN CENA posted:

did you think i wouldn't notice

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Isn't Goon Love the saga that ended in date rape? Or am I thinking or something else/misremembering things?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RobrtDwnsySyndrome posted:

I’ve always got the greedo pic at the ready. Maclunkey indeed

So I know it's a funny pic, but that's weird man.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Famethrowa posted:

I remember that thread and it's truly horrifying. I hope he gets a permaban just in case they decide to post from their prison cell.

I sent the admin team that one asking for an upgrade and it sounded like we were going to get it?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What page of chicken cheese does it go into AI?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Why do i get the feeling this is the picture chain i'm looking for?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498320&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=18#post409627568

Didn't someone use their engine block to cook chicken cheese

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

That first one was the one i was looking for

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fun fact: your dog is more likely to eat your corpse than your cat

Also if I'm dead and undiscovered my cats are welcome to me flesh. They don't deserve to starve!

Look I'm not using my face anymore if I'm dead, they can have it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I just get sent to the first post when I click

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sleeveless posted:

That's been a thing people have known about since like the 90s, you're adorable.

I didn't know that either and my life was better for it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Coolguy is insane and really does think China is stealing your information if you use EGS

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Beamed posted:

It really sucks when this thread becomes posts like this about active, still around posters, to try to harass them to make responses. It's another reason I think active drama shouldn't really be repeated here.

Coolguy complains about me in his post so it's fine

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The report someone made about Moon slayer should at least be in there. Because reporting a mod is pretty :laffo:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Spinz posted:

You think goons shouldn't report mods?
? Pffft

Not for "posting about posters" in the Saga Thread

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's fun to go through his old chicago cop thread and estimate the spot the archetypal SA poster from a modern subforum of your choice would stop, snip a quote out, and tell him to eat poo poo if it had been posted today.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1588985

The second post in the thread is shit_that_didn't_happen.txt

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3940910&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post508207060

And nothing of value was lost

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I.N.R.I posted:

i have a request if anyone can find it. there was a gbs thread titled something along the lines of "what hosed up stuff did you do as a child", i dont know if it was in regular gbs, gbs 2, or gbs 1, i think its in the gas chamber now though. if anyone could find it and post the link in here it'll be worth it. if anyone knows what i'm talking about it's the one where it's like 40 pages of posters talking about how they tortured wild animals and domestic pets to death as children in glorious 1080p detail

I do, because I asked the admins to update the 100,000 hour probe to a permaban

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3133630&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post360529445

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Thank you for linking rather than quoting that gruesome loving nonsense, and if it helps at all, I'm 100% behind admitted animal abusers earning permabans.

That thread is from 2009. I'd like to think the forums culture has changed substantially since then.

Honestly I don't get why the post didn't get scrubbed because wtf

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

oh lordy d&d is having a coronary because some guy on a discord said he has an ignore list

link?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The only input I have on ignore lists would be if it was a 6er to say someone is on yours. It's a weird flex and nobody cares

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

*checks thread*

I mean that fits and is on topic

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

FilthyImp posted:

Cat's loving suck, though.

:mods:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Didn't he troll the funny pictures thread by posting things that were more a sensible chuckle?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nuns with Guns posted:

You're thinking of a different guy: Guy Goodbody. He was posting things other posters deemed "mildly interesting" at best, and it got to the point where some were bothered enough by it to create a "PYF Mildly Interesting Pictures" thread to try to contain it. It was either one of the most effective trolls targeting the highly specific PYF instinct for Coldly Compiled Lists, or maybe it was sincere and humor is subjective? :shrug:

Oh poo poo then I have no idea who Guy Mann is. I thought it was that guy that really flared up the LIST ONLY parts of pyf.

Do people still report "gif outside the gif thread" even though that was like 6 mods and three admin teams ago?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Super Soaker Party! posted:

He really is/was one of the most irritating and annoying trolls (but also well-done, in the same way as Toblerone Triangular) - his posts were perfectly targeted to push that button of "I mean it's mildly amusing I suppose if you really stretched, but it's not loving funny and WHY IS THIS IN THE THREAD". It was basically like the posts were causing papercuts, just intensely irritating because you couldn't outright say "this doesn't belong in the thread", but you knew it really didn't and it was just lovely post noise. He also posted a LOT so you'd get 30 new posts and half of them would be stupid bullshit from him.

I mean, this all assumes he was a troll, because he was real good at acting the part and saying "but I think it's funny", which of course was just even more intensely irritating because you kind of just want to shoot stupid people in the face until they shut up, you know?

Yeah you know.

I can't say I've ever been murderously infuriated by someone finding something else funny? And I once had roommates that listened to the acapella part of Step Brothers on loop for 30 minutes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

What happened 11/14/2019? Was that the start of the troubles?

I'm clearing old screenshots from my phone

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Spanish Manlove posted:

One of the first things I did as a mod a long time ago was to search my username in the reports forum. The only notable things I remember were a few reports for posting about things that made me happy in the "bitch about things that make you mad" thread in pyf

Ya know I never wanted to know what reports I had against me but I can't stop wondering. Thanks for that

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Crime on a Dime posted:

The bot referred to as GDN is going to be the impetus of a huge drama.

It's 11PM, do you know where your API keys are being used?

I don't get it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

actually from a brief review of twitter it turns out this was eddie van halen

and the stimulus check deal

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

And Guy Mann.

Well I guess technically he didn't die, but his account sure did.

Yet it's only a regular ban?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Inceltown posted:

Find a discord someone near you is on. No reason a goon can't be your hookup. Just don't get the site in trouble for it. :2bong:

there's a fuckin' facebook group in my area called the nug fairy or some poo poo. you join it and post things like "i need weed and can't get any" and then people take you weed

it's super sketchy but apparently my fiancees sibling uses it

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I wonder if Lowtax is too cowardly to post a real ban me

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

do you have any source on this?

Lowtax is on facebook saying he only leased the GTR because someone told him ad revenue was going to go up up up

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's my sister's birthday, so of course I remember, and make sure she remembers every year :yarr:

My friends daughter whose name works stupidly well to add some annoying piratey Arrs into

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Did Moonslayer step down already or have i just not seen him post lately?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

We missed you bird

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Hot Diggity! posted:

My college offered two different internet speeds and I paid for the better but still lovely version so I could play UT2k4 all the time

mine offered one and it dropped every morning around 130am and i had 600 ping in l4d2 at the best of times

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

does anyone have the picture from that time Pick taped a gun, taser, and pepper spray together?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Thank you Pick, we were playing a game and someone started linking ridiculous self defense tools and this was what came to mind and i couldn't find it