Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

why does anyone even bother writing fiction these days. every day is like a new insane korean soap opera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

how on earth is writing letters to someone more "real" than discord or a forum?

who even writes letters these days? please update your curmudgeony examples

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Heath posted:

Writing snail mail letters is still a thing. There are whole subreddits for finding pen pals

they call them pen PALs when they never meet in person???

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Elviscat posted:

My chicken is screaming. Is it being eaten by a coyote or laying an egg? Some mysteries can never be solved.

E: why do my chickens keep disappearing after laying eggs?

maternity leave

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

every time i see the mod "aardvark!" my brain does a double take

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my bj bro

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

there was also the extremely strange and stupid scheme to make windows 98 some kind of secret mod that he hosed up by publicly posting about it

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

OTOH Awful app is a really nice reading experience

i cant even quote from locked threads so whats the point really

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Yeah, more recently you have things like KF attempting to doxx ZDR (I think it was) and accidentally doxxing the goatse guy instead.

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Yeah that was him, he instantly got probated by the mod who cooked their parrot to death.

lol at both of these

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I can't remember specifically it was this thread but I wound up with 'drowned in pussy juice' as a username for more than a year because of a GBS namechange thread and I survived as awful scum in more than one mafia game just because people were so annoyed by how dumb it was they just stopped ever referring to me so thank you if that was you

"too annoying to think about, much less target" is the reason why i've managed to survive several coups (long story), can confirm it works

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

sadly its a sausage fest

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Marcade posted:

In the household? Broken windows are no laughing matter. :colbert:

broken window policing strikes again

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

pentyne posted:

Speaking of ancient history, what the gently caress happened here?

What is so bad your account gets taken out back and shot in the head?

he found THE bus

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

RFC2324 posted:

it also goes through the gut, and they literally prescribe drugs that work by making your gut less upset to fight trauma related anxiety and stuff, which completely blew my mind

*army doctor solemnly lowers clipboard* i'm afraid you've got a bad case of tummy rumbles

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

coupons is pure cia and has been for years. they sold me an xbox that broke after 3 weeks.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i cannot self-terminate. i must be manually banned from the forum.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Treguna Mekoides posted:

One thing I find interesting about all these sagas are which ones broke outside of SA's orbit, and which one's didn't. Which ones are only for us and which ones become immortal online overall? What is about some sagas that makes them jump into the larger internet?

Anyway I found a PDF about P-P-P-Powerbook on an old HDD, which is honestly really weird. Why a PDF? I no longer remember.

E: Original thread is here! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1016390

probably depends mostly on the degree of knowledge of the forums is required to understand for it to make sense

grover and his swamp mcmansion is hilarious even if you don't know anything about him. on the other hand arguably the only lf story that doesn't require a forums history lesson is that it got closed because goons posted about assassinating the president (and maggotmaster was the only poster who didn't receive a SS visit because he doesn't live in the us. lol)

though the guy who received 700 dollars in donations and used it to buy pants is still pretty funny

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

honestly rather than redtexts i think a way more effective own is to buy someone the same av as a well known extremely terrible poster

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

he didn't really even do much this time though. he was just in the general vicinity and two mods spontaneously combusted.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

what's this weird goon masochist mindset of "yeah this person is a terrible poster but i love having them around", not even that you like someone other people don't but "they suck poo poo and it's GREAT". it's not even just fishmech or pick every SA community i've been in either on or off the forums has at least one person who is incredibly terrible and obnoxious that some people treat as a mascot for some indiscernable reason.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

if someone admits to being 11 years old on the forums they should be banned for their own good. the swamp is for ogres, you have a chance to be a person

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

what's a drama queen without a drama court

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

rodbeard posted:

We need some visible leadership interacting with the community, but moderating really ought to be a mostly anonymous job.

counterpoint: windows 98

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

honestly someone with an hbo now sub is way more likely to be a hosed up pervert than crunchyroll

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

whether or not you are clinically depressed submersing yourself in a firehose of despair whether it be twitter threads, climate catastrophe news or an SA politics "everything is hosed" thread is going to make you feel bad. you don't need to philosophize on "what is the nature of happiness" to come to this conclusion.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

no the people spamming it were the type of people who would endlessly run anything into the ground long after it stopped being funny, and were already doing so before GS started probing. the only difference if GS hadn't probed it was the memes wouldnt have had his av in them

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

some plague rats posted:

Joe Miserable Piece Of poo poo, The Pokemon Everyone Hates

zubat

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i look forward to a brighter future where lead poisoning (gasoline) is OUT and corn poisoning (ethanol) is IN. an entire generation, corncobbed

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

theres more of banned than of banter about you, whatever you are

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Skwirl posted:

A goon got into a Twitter fight with the guy who drew Mark Trail and got drawn into the comic where he got eaten by a bear.

life goals

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

my initial response was "who the hell hates firefighters?" and the answer turned out to be "wannabe arsonists" which, fair enough

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

pokemon go burn down a building

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

can it even be called "witchcraft drama" when not even a single person has gotten arrested for desecration of corpses after using human bones in rituals? tame poo poo

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Peachfart posted:

This is pretty much cspam in a nutshell

is trump or biden the dad

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

also "unbelievably lovely copper"

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

cspam selecting mods like students making the person absent that day hall monitor

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the symbolic folly of man and the literal falling of children

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

CINDERELLA wished that she could go to prince charming's zipline ball. however her cruel stepmother forced her to stay home and clean while the rest of the family went out. she found out the next day everybody died.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

How long will it take to insulate stairs? 2 days
Will yard be flooded? Yes
Total electrical outlets kitchen: 500
Total electrical outlets housewide: 3000
Will the electric inspector hold the line? No
Will the electric inspector fight to the end? No
Will barbeque be used on siding?: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils