Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
please consider the above gun mann post as a test of your self control not to respond genuinely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i think that is what is commonly referred to as "hyperbole", a form of humor in which someone says something deliberately outrageous that is clearly not meant to be taken literally unless you are deliberately trying to cause problems, on purpose.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

gorp

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

The wordfilter saga claims another victim

lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

record scratch

fun hater
May 24, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

About 10 years ago I read a book called The Revolution Starts at Home that was all about this, namely, intimate partner violence within activist communities. It was super heartbreaking to read because victims often belonged to marginalized out-groups that already distrusted law enforcement, so in many cases reporting the abuser to authorities was not even an option. In many stories, the abuser was commonly a leader within their community, who often shared the same disadvantaged identity as their victims, and used this to perpetuate their abuse and silence would-be whistleblowers. It really changed my entire perspective on the nature of exploitation, at how careful and convincing abusers can be at saying all the right things outwardly to shield them from scrutiny.

hey thank you for posting this, im going to look for a copy close to me

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i also think you should not get into drama over it. one suggestion to avoid doing this is to stop posting immediately

fun hater
May 24, 2009

please do not unironically endorse the concept of creating tier lists for dying

fun hater
May 24, 2009

ulvir posted:

great album, well sourced, too

ahahaha

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

You want to know what she said when the probations were brought to QCS?

That whole discussion is a baffling demonstration of a half dozen mods suddenly developing pattern blindness to posts saying "FYI this guy is an abusive creep who will spam animal abuse gifs at you if you are tricked into his discord!" and decided it was about queers being too rude and demanding when they just wanted to warn other posters about a predator in their thread without being punished for it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842693&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=101#post482780906

reading this thread is making my blood pressure spike

e: every single mod except for like fool of sound comes off as a complete lunatic

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

My only guess is that nobody really read the original thread and was taking whatever spin Bobbie was putting on it in the mod forum at face value for ??? reasons

even then its incredible when people were like "he posts his discord link where he posts various images depicting felonies on the forums and sends us insane pms on the forums" and mods were like "can't be helped, its offsite drama"

fun hater
May 24, 2009

seriously lol wtf

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Bingo Cop Metis posted:

A little mini-saga from CineD, where the lack of new movies being announced drove the "What's Been Greenlighted?" thread to descend from a discussion of David Cage's games into an argument over whether insults toward the French are racial slurs, resulting in the thread being locked. Starts from here:

this is the weirdest conversation ive seen on this site in a while.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Does anyone unironically use poo poo like frog and kraut anymore?

Also fwiw kids in Louisiana and Québec were getting beaten for speaking french at school within living memory but I don’t think the teachers called them “frog”

its a cultural insult rather than a linguistic one so i can see how it wouldnt really get much play for circumstances that arent directly related to being france french.

e: cultural? national?

fun hater has a new favorite as of 15:20 on Nov 6, 2020

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i wish i was sedated with a diet of cheese and wine

fun hater
May 24, 2009

english breakfasts are really good. the one time i went to london i had one and my only complaint was they didnt have coffee and ribbed me for being a typical american for wanting some lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

you have been cordially invited to join mr steve harwell of american rock band "smash mouth" and renaissance man guy fieri to a feast of the senses

black tie only

fun hater
May 24, 2009

pentyne posted:

goons showing their rear end repeatedly itt as the idea of an unwrinkled shirt and some kind of slacks are seen as a high fashion requirement

its two men who wear silk flame shirts gathering to eat eggs en masse. wearing a shirt to this event is overdressed

fun hater
May 24, 2009

if i had successfully orchestrated a charity event with celebrity guests, i would simply say hello and be personable and maybe eat some eggs myself

fun hater
May 24, 2009

it's a good thing you weren't wearing nice clothes then

fun hater
May 24, 2009

pirate rappin
is about to happen

fun hater
May 24, 2009

k not what i was intending

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i'm a communist

fun hater
May 24, 2009

why were you given your account back

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the posters of cspam have revealed themselves to be exceedingly depressing and worse than useless esp now when the bulk of the work needs to get started. they're far too busy posting their elaborate family annihilation fantasies to bother to involve themselves in any community that isnt comprised entirely of people telling them everything is pointless and stupid and everyone is evil but them lol

e: got a kick out of the exceedingly normal probe reason "go outside (umarmed)" yesterday

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

I mean go right ahead. Do the building. You've already shown you have zero need for progressives. Show us how your liberal fantasies play out. Why do the losers have an obligation to help you?

buddy...im a lifelong communist

this is literally....what i just....was talking...

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its hard to imagine two leftists disagreeing but

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i feel like limmy trying to figure out if a pound of cheesecake or a pound of hamburgers is heavier

fun hater
May 24, 2009

sorry i did not respond to this post. i decided spontaneously to become swartzentruber amish for 5 weeks. i'll ship your switch now

fun hater
May 24, 2009

did someone in this thread really go to bat for a guy mann post lol god

fun hater
May 24, 2009

it is legitimately funny to reject toys based in careers centered in state violence but as an alternative wish there were garbage truck legos, seemingly totally swerving what about the original toys are attractive and fun to children. i thought that was silly lol

e: my post implies that children love state sponsored violence by accident, but now this is my theory and i wont abandon it no matter what the cost

fun hater
May 24, 2009

boys are like "tonka truck"

fun hater
May 24, 2009

ohhhh lol okay

fun hater
May 24, 2009

shelley posted:

I know exactly what you’re talking about but haven’t been able to find it yet. I read it on its own website, where the guy who was the center of the whole thing wrote about it after the fact. He posted pictures and everything.

It was pretty elaborate — I think it started with him “receiving a message from his future self”, then continued. At one point the guy got flown out somewhere, driven around in the woods, then flown back home. It took a couple years to unfold, starting sometime around 2004 I think. But the end was definitely, like, a whole short play, I remember that vividly.

edit: Found it about a minute after hitting post. I hope you see this!

http://www.thefutureshock.com/index.html

this is so silly, i love it

fun hater
May 24, 2009

that's stupid. they should just get a metal plug like a bathtub. with this idea im going to be a millionaire. see ya suckers!!!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

DicktheCat posted:

Someone bought my av for me when I talked about having "milkshake and Mario Baseball Fridays" as a yungin. It made me really happy, and I've not the heart to change it.

That's my boring loving avatar story.

i like that. that's cute.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

2/10

fun hater
May 24, 2009

that thread yelling at cyrano for his unhinged praise of mein kampf 2 was insanely funny.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the mercury pedant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Lmao woke up to this taint runner news especially after I laughed at him a couple of days ago for posting this in response to me calling him out for having his own private vr game room

that taintrunner post is very bad and i would be embarrased to say i read that and enjoyed it. its like something a 16 year old who wears a cape to the mall would write and be pleased with