Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Does anyone have that guy who had a meltdown about chessex dice not being perfectly random saved? The A/T thread appears to be gone and there's a very relevant thread happening in tradgames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Same reason the old one got goldmined, the lols were had and people were starting to get weird. Let it get some distance.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Appealing to :females:?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Double post

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

What did LF stand for?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

The mittani's (at least, I think it's his account) been posting over in the eve thread. 2020's gotten to him good.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Pick posted:

Mittani's username here on SA?

Numismancer, apparently.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

pretty soft girl posted:

I'm really behind on whats been happening with the forums, what is this all about

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910305

Start on page 302

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Between this and the new Star Wars IK, rip to everyone who will surely be unjustly perma’d for their long comedy rapsheets

Consider the actions of said IK, it will be just.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

ChubbyChecker posted:

why do people use words like "kramering"

Seinfeld was a cultural touchstone.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

ChubbyChecker posted:

yeah, for boomers

https://youtu.be/wUcqVNjWoZA

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Fishmech should have been banned for being fishmech long before whatever happened happened, but 'indescribably tedious poster' ain't exactly a saga. Or, at least, not one worth reading.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is going to sound like a very stupid question, so I am sorry.

But I was thinking about the Koalas March thing, and how she had a sock puppet account where she would praise herself and say how awesome she was, so other people would notice/like her.

Has there ever been the case of the opposite? i.e. Where a poster has a sock puppet that follows them around saying how poo poo and bad they are? They would do this so they get noticed by other people, and also to get internet sympathy, because from the perspective of everybody else they would be being picked on by a stranger for no reason.

Yes, I know that is a stupid, pointless, and quite likely self-defeating thing to do. But this is the internet, and weirdos have done worse to become "forums famous".

More like old-getsoffonbeingmadefunoff-less.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

If ever there was a case study as to why badposting alone should have been grounds for a perma it was fishmech sleeveless.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

If she's around she's either reformed or doesn't hang out in the same threads she used to.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

In terms of sagas, can someone give me the more than one line but less than the whole thread synopsis of Doobies Dog House? I'm sure there's a great turn in there somewhere, but it's a long thread and :effort: at reading the whole thing when I don't know where it starts being funny.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Ok Radar O'Reilly

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Radical

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

I question what kind of life someone has where this is a fun hobby.

A pair of four finger rings but they say "Goon Life"

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I've missed my chance to make a scatman john / taxman mashup. Hooray for Jeff, non-wifebeating webmaster.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Personally I think the forums should have an official dog. I nominate a shiba inu named "Sake".

https://youtu.be/8Xeb0TvbS5M

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Phy posted:

Still wish I had bought a Homsar shirt tbh

:same:

I used to have a The Cheat shirt. I'd still wear that.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

fauna posted:

km's behaviour was absurd and she was responsible for a lot of people being hurt, but i still think it's unfair to dismiss her completely as only in it for her own ego. her motivation was to make the forums a less bigoted place. how she went about this was (very) flawed, and many of her actions ended up being self-serving, but we have no reason to think she didn't believe wholeheartedly in what she was doing, nor that she misrepresented herself in any way. the way women of colour are treated on the internet sucks, and most of the abuse km claimed to receive was real; and her crew of legitimately marginalised-irl posters had also individually copped a lot of abuse in their lifetimes, which was real too. i'm not excusing how they all acted, it was a deeply unfortunate situation, but they still deserve some sympathy and understanding of their perspective.

The problem with km is that she was using these very real issues to directly, personally benefit at the expense of the members of said marginalized communities. It's the 'continuing to post in secret after making a big deal out of being threatened and leaving the site' and the reportedly weak rationalizations after the fact (I didn't see them but one former km follower compared them to the excuses their abusive mother used to give) that tip the scales over from community support to active grift.

From what I've seen people seem pretty understanding of her supporters, if anything they're the real victims here.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

Somehow I feel like even if all the posts in it are quoting other non-FYAD posts or making hyperbolic parodies of them "Thread for gun owners to explain why Islam is a font of degeneracy" might be a bad thing to have around. Especially given the layer of irony inherent to FYAD making the source or mockery sometimes hard to parse.

I don't touch fyad ever but that one is about Cyrano and his uhh, very poor response to a poster posting about such in TFR. I'm guessing they brought it back up because of their recent displeasure, but it was a source of some consternation a while back.

Ill give you it's a bad look if you're not aware of that particular bit of forums drama.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Nuns with Guns posted:

For reference, the poker forum was closed down because of some concerns around IRL gambling laws in the US, I believe. Some of the threads were moved to TG where they could justify existing because they were playing with "pretend money" of some kind, but I don't know if those are still alive or if they eventually moved discussion offsite.

There's a thread but it says to stay out if you're from the US.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

I was mad that I read any of that pirate rap, and I'm more mad I read any of those responses.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Ah yes, 2008, the year racism entered the wider cultural consciousness.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wait we're talking Captain Dan and nobody has posted his America's Got Talent audition yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0QdRj1L-UA

Last page dude

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Eh, it let them find each other. Pre-internet a lot of people probably had weirdo tendencies they never acted on since as far as they knew they'd be doing it alone.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Lmao

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

There certainly are some allegations against them on the next page...

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Anyone got the summary of Lowtaxs's involvement with mangosteen? Google says it's some superfruit that I imagine lowtax was shilling, but this kind of story always winds up being more interesting.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Patrick Spens posted:

It's pretty dumb to get probed for calling a french dude a frog, but if your reaction to getting pushback is to go on a rant about shitlibs, I'm fine with you taking a posting vacation.

Two different guys. Which is funnier.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this was funny for a brief period in the late 90s. you simply need to recreate that time period for it to work again purple monkey dishwasher

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

VanSandman posted:

Ha! I'm delighted to be wrong. gently caress a brit. Get used to having as much cultural relevance as loving Belgium, dipshits!

The best beermakers in the world?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

sugar mouse posted:

I'm reporting for duty on the hill. Prepare my grave.

This is breakfast.

That's a pizza.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

It pops up for October.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Len posted:

The things goons get elitist over

Electric stoves suck to cook on.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Len posted:

I don't disagree but let me just file a claim with the rental office and see what they'll do

The oven in my stove doesn't work I'm concerned enough that it would get replaced with an electric I haven't said anything.

Well, that and COVID, but it's a serious consideration.

E:vvvv I've never had a stove with knobs on the back.

Fantastic Foreskin has a new favorite as of 19:20 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

One apartment had the stove directly across from the refrigerator in the hallway that served as a kitchen, so it was super easy to nudge them when getting something out of the fridge.

We woke up to a house filled with gas on multiple occasions, at least one of which wasn't caused by a drunk person. We finally got the child covers after like the third time.