Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Welcome to Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines, a mafia game for 23 players.

Standard Mafia Rules apply.

2004 - Los Angeles

An ancient artifact known as the Ankaran Sarcophagus is at the center of recent tensions between the vampire sects, The Camarilla, The Sabbat, and The Anarchs. There's also the poor sad Mortals, manipulated and used in the clandestine wars of the other three.

The Camarilla is a worldwide sect of vampires that has existed since the early renaissance. It has been incapable of permanently solidifying its power in Los Angeles for well over a century. Its main rivals are the Sabbat and the Anarchs. Thay like to think of themselves as the "Good Guys" while in reality they are just as cutthroat and ruthless as any of the others, they just think it's a good idea to keep the existence of vampires a secret from mortals and try to keep the mayhem down to acceptable levels.

The Sabbat is an organization of vampires who reject that belief, and instead revel in their superior power, often resulting in extreme violence. They don't care if the bloodbags know they exist. They WANT the mayhem and destruction. They're just more honest about the monsters they are.

Anarchs are vampires who reject the status quo of vampire society. They especially resent the privileged status held by elders within the Camarilla and other vampire sects; when the eldest hold the most power in a society of immortals. The Anarchs themselves are not a sect per se; in most areas, they are simply a faction on the fringes of the dominant Camarilla hierarchy. However, a loosely-organized Anarch Movement has emerged over the course of the past century and has begun to establish its own traditions, power blocs, territories, and all the other trappings of a full-fledged sect. They still believe that upholding the Masquerade is a good idea, they just have no respect for the vampires who enforce them or the system that benefits from them.

Who will find the Sarcophagus and the key to opening it and who will be a footnote in the history of the vampire world? We're about to find out.
(yes I know I'm leaving out some factions from the video game but I didn't want this to be a massive 35 player game so I cut out the Kuei Jin and the Giovanni and stuff)

This will be a role heavy game centered around a central mechanic of finding and opening the Ankharan Sarcophagus. There will be several mechanics surrounding this that are not standard mafia mechanics.

The Sarcophagus and the Key

A player who controls both items will receive a powerful ability, the items will then be removed from play and the game will continue as a normal game of mafia.

Locations

There are going to be 7 locations used.

Santa Monica
Downtown
Hollywood
Griffith Park
The Society of Leopold Monastery
The Sewers
609 King's Way

The Sarcophagus and the Key could be at any of these locations. Each DAY you must let me know which location you'd like to be at that night. If you haven't chosen a location by the end of the day execution post you'll stay home and won't have a chance at either item.

Some players will have abilities/Influence gains based on the location they are in at night.

Influence and Obtaining an item

Each player will begin the game with a certain amount of a stat called "Influence". Some people will start with no influence and no way to gain it from their role but there may be other ways to attain it.

If any player is at a location that contains the Sarcophagus or the Key , the person with the highest Influence score will attain the item, they will then choose a location to store that item at from the list of 7 locations. From that moment on if a player enters the location that the item is stored at who has a higher influence than the person who stored it there, they will steal it and choose their own location to store it at.

This back and forth will continue until one player owns both items at which time they will get the boon and the items and the influence stat will no longer exist within the game.

Some players will have abilities that manipulate influence or other things involving the Sarcophagus or Key so the Influence stat itself won't be the only way a player can gain control of an item.

Influence can also be traded between players by sending me a PM.

Any item not controlled by a player will move each night to a random location determined during the previous night.

If you have any questions about any of these special mechanics let me know via PM and I will be happy to clarify.

:siren: Flavor might be very important to other players win conditions/role mechanics so I'd HIGHLY recommend keeping your flavor to yourself. :siren:

JOIN THE DISCORD - It is a requirement for this game. https://discord.gg/PHWmtVg

1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. b-minus1
  3. Byers2142
  4. cheese sandwich
  5. DGK2000 (DGK/Lord/He)
  6. Dick Bastardly
  7. Gumball Gumption
  8. Hal Incandenza (he/him/hal)
  9. Infinitum (Call me anything you like...just don't call me late for dinner! ha cha cha~)
  10. Jon Joe
  11. merk (he/him)
  12. mikeycp
  13. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  14. Mr. Steak (he/him)
  15. Rarity (she/her)
  16. Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
  17. SalTheBard (He and / or Them)
  18. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  19. ShallNoiseUpon
  20. Squiggly
  21. soscannonballs
  22. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)
  23. Tobbs Gnawed
  24. Tommunist
  25. tpink

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Sep 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please everyone note that I will not be reading the special rules in the OP

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Can I be a sparkle vampire

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(Put me down as a sub, or if you really need numbers to get the game going)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5MpLQ8TQcQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Infinitum posted:

(Put me down as a sub, or if you really need numbers to get the game going)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5MpLQ8TQcQ

Oh hey it's the leader of my fan club :wave:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I see you are confused about who is leader of whose fanclub.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bleh bleh bleh!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yeah I will

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I VANT TO SUCK VOUR VLOOD!!!!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
make me the dirtiest nastiest vampire please

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:siren: Added discord link to OP :siren:

https://discord.gg/PHWmtVg

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
get me in on this

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
join

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
please note that my knowledge of v:tm is purely and entirely based only on me having read the sourcebook like 10 years ago

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
In in in

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm in now that I have the mafia bug again

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

signing up, did not read op

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

signing up, did not read op

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Im gonna regret 2 games at once but signing up

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I hope I'm Bruja.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

I hope I'm Bruja.

helllll yeeeaaahhhhh!!!!!!

(@ sal playing. idfk who's bruja)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

helllll yeeeaaahhhhh!!!!!!

(@ sal playing. idfk who's bruja)

My only regret is not voting you out sooner :-P

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I'll play, Bloodlines was a great game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

My only regret is not voting you out sooner :-P

this applies to every game :v:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Sign this guy up

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

SalTheBard posted:

I hope I'm Bruja.

I hope that I am True Brujah

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

if you're not malkavian then you're scum

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sign this guy up

Overruled

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I would like to play

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

if you're not malkavian then you're scum

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Overruled

Overrude

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
this is a terrible use of my time and I really shouldn't

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow this has filled up faster than i expected.

also holy poo poo im hype for jon joe!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I'm in, make me a Nos please.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amnistar posted:

Here ya go

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Amnistar posted:

Vote out Steak day 1?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Vote out Steak day 1?

cant wait to be scum with you and watch you backpedal out of this one :P

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
There's bigger enemies than mr steak-kun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Grape nos is the worst nos :smith: