Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I'll play, Bloodlines was a great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

drat Byers whats up? My first game in a few years and you are in it too. My friends/guildmates have been playing Among Us the past few weeks so I got the itch to play a real mafia game and I am pretty excited to see one flavored around one of my favorite rpgs.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

As someone who played vtmb I don't get scummy vibes from Byers' post. Everything he said about the sarcophagus is true, and I think there is a decent chance it just ends up killing a bunch of people.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Why are you ignoring that I specifically said my read had nothing to do with his mechanics theory?

I disagree with your read.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Byers post reads like: "If you want to move a game out of joke phaize, you do it like this; what i am doing now."

Sprinkled a little shade on on amni for good measure and oh yeah, control the narrative around the sarcophagus.

I don't really like it. ##vote byers

I think this vote is scummy - trying to get a bandwagon going by jumping on another player's very early read but offering no new insight. You just repeated points already made by other people.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Here's what I believe about the mechanics; this is based on my role PM, the OP, and my knowledge of the source material:

There are four alignments, as detailed in the OP. At least two are scum, maybe three.

There are two main items, the Key and the Coffin. Combining them does something; in the source game, it was believed it would grant power but it was a trap. Given how flavor heavy this game is, I suspect it's a trap here as well, and will avoid it to ensure I don't fall victim to it.

I don't understand how any of those are massive leaps in judgement, and the Coffin trap is worth calling out in case it can save lives.

Why do you think there are at least 2 scum teams? I have also played the source game and my instinct is that there is only 1 scum team, unless the op is lying about the kue jin/giovanni not being in this game.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

True but the fact Byers is speaking like he knows for sure there are two scum teams is major suss. I think given the OP it's possible if not even probable but I don't know for sure and none of us in town do. Byers talks like he does and the only way he can know that is if he's on one the scum teams and can see it's small enough that there must be another.

Or he is familiar with the source material, and is making assumptions based off that. This isn't a game where flavor doesn't matter, The OP explicitly states that flavor is important. The reason I am not sus of Byers is because I came to similar conclusions he did based off my knowledge of the source material, so him being scum isn't the only way he can know. I initially thought there would only be 1 scum team but I have thought about it some more and I could totally see there being 2 "scum" teams - the camarilla and the sabat. Both groups are vampires hoping to use the sarcophagus to gain power.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Amnistar posted:

...the town alignment is not vampires.

##vote Sal

I agree with this. ##vote Sal

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

sos let me demonstrate for you.

Town thinking:

Scum thinking:

Can you see the difference between these two statements?

Again, coming in with knowledge of the source material I would absolutely expect there to be multiple teams and even multiple anti-town teams.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

as for why i think sal's town despite the awful awful awful posts so far...

um, hello? scum actually read the words they're typing before they post them. because scum are self-conscious about being found. scum also has a team they can talk to out of thread and answer questions such as "hey, what is the town alignment called?"

there is absolutely no way a scum player continues to be this confused about it genuinely. so he's either town or scum has expressly decided to keep up the confusion in some sort of wifom attempt

if you think his confusion is real, he's town. case closed

This is a good point, I hadn't considered that a scum player could just have his buddies explain everything to him in their chat. ##unvote

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Anyway having come round to Sal being town I wanted to check through the votes on him to see if they look bad

Amni jumps on the slip early before Sal really starts tying himself in knots. This looks like a bit of a lazy gotcha.

Easy bandwagoning off of Amni

Tobbs's posting has been barely there all game and here he just jumps in on the easy opinion

I still think tpink is scummy

merk votes Sal based off his reaction to pressing rather than the slip itself. I felt similarly about the posts merk's reacting to so I'm fine with this.

This is the vote of a pure angel

Opop votes as Sal is getting his most worked up. The tone in this post makes me think this is town.

These votes then all rush in on top of Opop's. These ones look worst to me cause it gives me the vibe of scum looking to push through the lynch before anyone's taken the time to check themselves. That said Sandwolf's game has felt really legit up till now so I'd be mostly looking at mikey and Tomm here.

Conclusion: the worst votes on Sal are coming from mikey, Tomm, Tobbs, sos and Amni. These are the people I think we should be looking at closer before deadline.

This entire post feels like bullshit to me. Yeah a lot of people jumped on the Sal vote because a decent case was made about him not being sure about mortal alignment vs flavor and it ended up getting some good game discussion. I want you to go more into why you don't think Merk's bandwagon vote was scummy.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Cause he was voting Sal for separate reasons based on his responses to pressure rather than for the slip itself. So where do you think scum were during that Sal push? Were they part of it or were they defending him?

I think thats kind of a shallow justification for Merk's vote. Sal's reaction to getting called out on the mortal flavor/alignment thing feels like extreme frustration to me which I don't think is indicative of alignment. Of course a town player is going to be annoyed if the spotlight gets put on them early over a misunderstanding of flavor and alignment, and would you really expect them to have good scum reads? If he is town he is obviously going to be suspicious of people pushing for his lynch! Its for this reason I don't really think Merk's vote is "good" compared to the other votes. I am not saying it is a bad vote either, or that the other votes were bad, but I think it is suspicious that you called out Merk's vote as being good and it feels like you are covering for him. I agree with DGK that it feels like you and Merk have some kind of oot connection so could be scumbuddies or a masonry.

I also don't like that your follow-up question to me assumes that the scum team or teams were all working in unison. Its possible that they coordinated to split positions and also possible they didn't engage in the Sal vote at all and were content to just sit back and let town kill itself.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

sos, since you're around and posting, who are your scum picks right now. Full disclosure, I'm asking because I have a vague good feeling about you and yet can only really remember setup talk with you, nothing more substantial about your alignment calls.

Yesterday my picks were Dick Bastardly because I really didn't like his vote on you, and Sandwolf but that just a general feeling, it seemed like he was defending some people and I didn't understand why they needed to be defended. I need to go back and re-read though because all the stuff with Sal had kind of pushed Sandwolf out of my thinking.

Today I am not liking Rarity and by association Merk.

If the day were ending in the next hour I would vote DB or Rarity, but I am going to re-read the thread before the day ends.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Hey Sal I just thought of something - since you already claimed would you mind telling us if you started with any influence? You said your ability at night was to drain influence from another player.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

What’s the Rarity/merk thing y’all are talking about?

To me it just feels like Rarity is weirdly trying to boost Merk as town or something idk, like specifically calling his vote good when its just kind of neutral.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I haven't thought anything Byers has said is scummy this game so I am a bit sus of this push on him, although its not a last minute push since people have been after him since the start.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I'll vote steak to avoid a nl but to me it just feels like he is messing around and having a bit of fun. I still don't feel great about Rarity but I don't want to lynch a high volume poster on D1. Dick Bastardly is the person I would like to lynch the most based on their opportunistic votes but I don't see that happening this late in the day. Jon Joe's recent posts ping me as scummy but that also isn't happening today and it looks like he is checked out until tomorrow so he wouldn't be able to defend himself.

For now I am going to ##vote Dick Bastardly while I re-read the thread

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

How is my lunch any more happening today than JJs??

Its not, I just want to make my opinion about you clear in case something happens to me tonight.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

sos, it's Steak, Sal, or me. You're still voting DB, on what was a bad post. Kinda need a decision from you.

I already said I would vote Steak to avoid a nl. I will vote Sal to avoid a nl as well but I would prefer steak over him. I will not vote you. I am not going anywhere so don't worry about a NL happening because I currently have my vote on DB.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

my only other comment about the flips are, lol at tpink giving an item to scum, but at least that scum happened to die.

it only looks like maybe 1 of the deaths (dgk?) was a result of db's pgo ability

There is no way the Anarchs are scum. In the source material they were the closest thing to "good guy" vampires. So every death last night was town or 3p.

DGK and Byers were decapitated. In the source, decapitation is how the Camarilla did their executions so Rarity claiming to have vigged Byers is very sus to me.

Jon Joe appears to have been killed by DGK's Fist of Caine. Now correct me if I am wrong because I have never been scum, but don't they normally choose one member of the team to perform the team's night kill? DGK specifically has a kill ability which makes me think it wasn't just a regular nk.

DB had no flavor to his kill so no direct info from his flip

Tpink was 100% killed by a serial killer. In the source game there was an actual serial killer based out of Santa Monica who dismembered and displayed his victims.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

I think trying to forward-plan that is just begging scum to screw everything up. What I do think may be helpful is if everyone claims the location they visited last night cause I can't see any reason for that to give any info away. Unless someone can spot something I'm missing?

I think this post is scummy as hell. You are trying to engage in a new line of setup spec when there is actual content to discuss regarding the many flips. It would also conveniently give the scum team information that they can more openly discuss and try to figure out in their scumdoc, while town are left to trying to figure stuff out on their own.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

No I'm a bounty hunter

How did you decapitate Byers?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

youve reminded me to check the kill flavors and you have a lot of good points.

i hard disagree with your conclusion about rarity because you're assuming a single scumteam has multiple kills per night, which sounds really unlikely

I agree its unlikely the Camarilla has 2 night kills. Based on her responses to my questioning today I think she is telling the truth.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

As we all know, Camarilla are all about control.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

I have a gut read in amni and I feel like merk is town this game so I'm willing to move my vote there, but otherwise I'd prefer to keep it on byers.
I should be here at deadline but I'm babying a brisket so who knows how it'll go

So I was going back and looking at some stuff from yesterday and I noticed in this post RF said he preferred to keep his vote on Byers, but he never voted for Byers. He voted for Jon Joe during jokephase and then switched to Sal after everything that went down with mortal flavor/alignment stuff. Feels like he didn't actually have an opinion on who was scummy and was just jumping on bandwagons, so he forgot that he never actually voted for Byers.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Also am I the only one that thinks Steak being lynchproof blatantly means he's the SK?

I thought he was Jack, but Jack is dead now.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

I also went to the monastery and found nothing. Jon Joe's role is also what I was expecting someone to have and why I didn't think the sarcophagus was just a trap. In the original game it's Smilin Jack who finds the sarcophagus first and turns it into a trap while becoming allies with the big dick vampire who was inside of it. His role flip makes me more convinced there is value in trying to get the sarcophagus.

Just want to point out that in the source game there was never a vampire in the sarcophagus. It was just some ancient sumerian king but he was not a vampire and the sarcophagus had no special power. Jack being killed N1 makes me think the Sarcophagus is no longer dangerous since he didn't have time to tamper with it.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

cheese sandwich posted:

Well, I mean, I'll claim the db kill and I did it because I had no reads at all and he was third down the list at the eod votes. What I did read before eod I remembered people talking about him and pushing him but not very hard but my gut wanted to see if it was a bus and I had the means to check

I'll probably get there later and revisit why I had that impression but point being that did happen directly because people were chatting him up

How did you kill DB?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I promise I'm not on your list of targets, trust me, I just don't know if I want a 3P killing role around who has no interest in actually finding scum. How'd you know to shoot DB last night? 'lucky guess' is not a sufficient answer.

Catching up on the thread but this post really pinged me hard.

First, I believe Cheese's claim. In the source Bach was a mortal who led a group of hunters with the goal of killing Lacroix, the Camarilla Prince. All of his claimed targets are Vampire elders, and we know from DGK's flip that Anarchs are self-aligned. There is no way Camarilla and Andrei are mortal aligned, so I feel like Sandwolf is being disingenuous when he says its a 3p killing role with no interest in finding scum. His goal is to kill a bunch of powerful vampires and I don't see any way that isn't helpful to town.

My impression from Cheese's posts is he isn't too familiar with the source material, so him naming a bunch of elder vampires as targets sounds legit.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Or he could, y'know, go to the game wiki like I did when I was trying to figure out who these names were

I just don't get the vibe from him that he would put forth the effort to do that, he hasn't been to engaged in the game until now.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

How is in game engagement an indicator of behind the scenes work?

Its nothing concrete, like I said its just a vibe I got.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I am not going to be around tonight, so i would appreciate it if we didn't end the day 24 hours before deadline

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I think Gumball and RF are scumbros and I would be happy to vote either of them today. Gumball feels like lurker scum to me and RF defending him and instead trying to push Steak or Sal before the claims is super sus.

##vote gumball

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

With the death of Bach I feel like it is relatively safe to claim. I am Isaac Abrams, Anarch Baron of Hollywood. Once per game I can use Majesty to stop all players from doing night actions, which I did last night because I didn't want a bunch of people to die. I have another power I can use at night which I have not used yet in this game, but I will use it tonight - I can force my target to use their action on me instead of whoever they targeted. Initially I was worried there would be a small group of mortal-aligned Hunters that needed to kill Anarchs, but with the flip of Bach being 3p I no longer think there is a hunter group. I can confirm that the Anarchs are not a threat to town and I know who my teammates are. I am not going to out them but if they wish to claim I will confirm them. The people who need to die in this game are the Camarilla, The Sabbat (which I think is just Andrei), and I think there is still a serial killer based on the flavor of Tpink's death. I think the scum are hardcore lurking this game (yes I know I have a low post count).

The event that started as I was writing this post sounds like its related to the Plaguebearer plot in the game which means the package is bad news.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Amnistar posted:

SoS, confirm I am not on your team?

I confirm you are not anarch

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Do you win with town and can you only win with town?

We win with town yes but we are officially a 3p group. We have to eliminate the threats to us which we aren't told specifically, but in the game the threats to Anarchs were the Camarilla, Sabbat, and Hunters going after them. I think there is another sk in the game that is a threat to us as well.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##pass RF

##vote sos

We saw DGKs flip, it said nothing about anarchs being able to win with town. Sos making a V:TM argument for being able to win with town is not something I can see cpig doing. If they were town+ it would be in the role PM. It's not.

lol found some scum

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

BTW who did your team kill N1 and why?

We don't have a team kill, DGK had a kill as his personal ability and he chose Jon Joe because we were sus of him at the end of D1.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Kind of odd that nobody's taking credit for killing rarity

I wouldn't expect the Serial Killer to claim. While its true Bach was basically an SK, the flavor for Rarity's killer is an exact match to a real serial killer from the source material so I think we have the remaining Cam, Andrei, and a serial Killer.

I would also like to say I summoned you last night, forcing you to target me with your action. I did not get a pm telling me that anything happened to me.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Also, SoS can you confirm the annarch claim by toalpaz?

I confirm Toalpaz is Anarch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

is there a reason you haven't all claimed?

Claiming is a personal decision. I already said I wasn't going to out my teammates but would confirm if they decided to claim.

I felt safe claiming because I don't believe there are any mortal-aligned threats to Anarchs now that Bach was revealed as 3p. I was initially afraid there was a mortal-aligned hunter masonry that would need to kill Anarchs, but Bach flipped 3p and I already used my big 1-shot power so I don't really care if I get killed now. I also think I would be dead right now if there was a mortal-aligned person or group that specifically needed to kill Anarchs. I am very suspicious of people that are still trying to push cases against Anarchs when there is a confirmed scum flip with a win-con that isn't the same wording as Anarchs and Mortals.