Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

signing up, did not read op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

I hope I'm Bruja.

helllll yeeeaaahhhhh!!!!!!

(@ sal playing. idfk who's bruja)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

My only regret is not voting you out sooner :-P

this applies to every game :v:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow this has filled up faster than i expected.

also holy poo poo im hype for jon joe!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Vote out Steak day 1?

cant wait to be scum with you and watch you backpedal out of this one :P

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

It's tempting, but with a gae like this I want to leave hi alive so he can claim to have the sarcophogus and key D2 and derail evewrything.

dont call me a gae

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw before alignments are distributed and therefore you cant trust a single thing i say, let me remind you of the thing i am constantly reminding people of:

if im derailing poo poo in a way that makes scumhunting harder for you, im probably scum.

if im derailing poo poo in a way that *doesnt* make scumhunting harder, im probably 3p or something

edit: god i hope i roll town for once

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 31, 2020

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

good point, i phrased that poorly. if i am the one derailing poo poo, im definitely not town. but if poo poo is getting derailed merely with me as the focal point, that's just what happens every game because when im not instigating it on purpose, im a magnet for scum to derail poo poo anyway

(at least in this game there will be setup spec and poo poo to talk about for 100 pages)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
scientastic should join this game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

I hope someone gets a dayvig and shoots Steak immediately with it.

i will never stop posting about myself for pages and pages

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but realtalk: i havent played mafia in like a whole 3 months and also i have quite a lot of free time right now, so im excited to effortpost!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gonna post a lumpenlist as soon as i get my role pm and list of scum members

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

I won't play if that happens

:(

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that means 2 spots left :getin:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapitalistPig posted:

There's 21 people signed up and only 18 players in the discord. Get in there you 3 slackers.

ofuck

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
give me mafia

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im a cop

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wait, i should read the op before posting

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh good the op didnt say theres no cops in the game.

carry on

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also i have like NO influence so dont murder me im useless

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oops i dropped this ##vote toalpaz

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mikeycp posted:

Sounds like scum covering for scum tbqh
Suspicious!

##vote Retro Futurist

"both of these people are scum so i'll vote for the one without any votes."

hmmm smells like town making a jokevote without thinking it through scum??

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
binus is town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
merk confirmed 3p

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
too bad im lynchproof B)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tpink posted:

Hmm seems unlikely.

nah this is town binus. confidence level 90%

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byers2142 posted:

I don't want either the key or the sarcophagus, so let me be clear. If I get the key, I'm stashing it in the Sewers. If I get the sarcophagus, I'm stashing it in Griffith Park. And to avoid Nosferatu and werewolves, respectively, I'm never going to either location. I haven't decided if I will cower at home each night yet, but that's my read on the initial mechanics.

i respectfully ask that you pm the mod and send me all of your influence

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fwiw amnistar is confirmed town by my infallible intuition

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, in the spirit of full disclosure, rarity's scum potential is at a 60%

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byers2142 posted:

CPig is lying. Or rather, it's misleading. "You get the ability to immediately explode, killing yourself and everyone at your location" is in line with CPig's humor, the source material, and is funny as hell.

i wouldnt put it past cpig to do that, but the big thing that makes me doubt your theory is that he's incorporated a really simple and unambiguous way to avoid the danger, and from the sound of it he made it REALLY obvious that the item is bad, to anybody who knows the flavor.

the good thing about your theory, is that you have a pretty easy way to, at the very least, prove that you actually believe what you're saying. i would find the tone in your initial effortpost extremely weird if you have 0 influence, so im assuming you definitely have some. im also assuming we'll be told at some point if we receive influence. so all you have to do is send somebody your influence today, or send some to multiple people. and im fairly sure nobody else is confident enough to transfer influence this early, so by tomorrow we'll know if you believed yourself enough to transfer away your influence. and if not, i'll be forced to suspect you're scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao. the 2 kinds of players, pictured above

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

what is the simple and unambiguous way to avoid the danger?
staying home at night. i didnt think that needed explanation.

quote:

how in the world are you coming to the 0 influence deduction and why would you announce it!

he announced plans where it sounds like he thinks he has a good chance of obtaining one of the items. if you read the OP, you'd know that a player only gets the item if they have the highest influence of everyone there, so i'd find his perspective weird if he currently has 0 influence, which the OP directly states is possible

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byers2142 posted:

Here's what pings me about Steak; he's openly campaigning for me to give him influence. That implies he has a use for it. It's an attempt to bully, particularly here:

"Give me your influence or you're scum."

It's not just setup spec, it's also attempting to leverage an advantage in a way that, especially in his first post about it, is selfish.

##vote Steak

ummm, you're combining 2 of my posts in a way i never wrote them to be. yes i first introduced the foundation of my point by joking to give me, specifically, your influence. then i said i'd be suspicious if you don't give it to *anybody* at all. please don't erroneously combine those statements

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tpink posted:

My post in response to steak was sarcastic, which clearly didn’t come across that way.

:goofy:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byers2142 posted:

I don't think it's erroneous; I didn't read the first post as just a joke. I read a thread behind your posts where you are thinking about influence and how to get it, and I think both posts were to various levels indicative of that. You seem very Ventrue-like.

do you understand that the use of influence is given to us in the OP?

my first post **wasnt** just a joke. i was saying "based on your theory which you seem very confident in, you have no use for influence. so put your money where your mouth is and transfer it away"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

If I'm going to vote someone right now it's going to be with all the evidence and reasons I think everyone else should vote for them and I don't have that for Byers yet. They're suspicious but not so suspicious that it's time to turn all the guns on them.

ahh the smell of newbies in the morning. so pure

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not to be rude, but maybe i overestimated your reading comprehension ability. or at least your logical thinking.

"This back and forth will continue until one player owns both items at which time they will get the boon and the items and the influence stat will no longer exist within the game."

does this passage from the OP make you think influence has other uses outside of the one detailed in the OP...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byers2142 posted:

First, is that the only use or can you use that influence via an ability? Second, if you admit it wasn't just a joke that shows that the underlying desire for influence I read in your posts explicitly exists, because it wasn't originally "give it away," but "give it to me." And in the second post, you tried to leverage an alignment call on me into me giving away influence.

The ironic thing is, I almost gave you the influence after the first post. Now, I think that would have been a mistake. You are power hungry, in a way that makes me think you're scum.

also, idk what you're trying to say with the whole "you admitted it wasn't a joke." because it's a crime for my joke to come from a genuine place...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i started this game with 1 influence and as soon as i send this post, i'm pm'ing cpig to transfer that 1 influence to byers because i really dont care about it, and if he's being genuine, he'll send his to someone else too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sandwolf wayyyy too awkward and lacking self-awareness to be scum