Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont wanna say it...but we're all thinkin it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I am choosing to be hopeful rather than sad, and this will definitely pay off and not devastate me over the next twenty minutes.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

i dont wanna say it...but we're all thinkin it :(

i will say it: neil magny's getting chili's.

robbie's cooked folks

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lmao at how much lawler's face said "this motherfucker's trying to twister me?!?!" when he was being twistered

Government
Nov 2, 2004
I get that Robbie is one of those guys who won't retire till his body fails him but can we at least ship him to Belltaor to do a victory lap instead of this.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've always wanted to see this fight but I'd never considered the emotional repercussions :( Neil is fighting like he wants to take a piece of Robbie home for his big stew pot, goddamn

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Government posted:

I get that Robbie is one of those guys who won't retire till his body fails him but can we at least ship him to Belltaor to do a victory lap instead of this.

aw man no. you dont need to see your best boy going out there getting knocked into dreamland by derek anderson

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well... I mean at least he didn't get wrecked I guess?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm definitely not sad. Don't let anyone write that I'm sad.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Neil Magny continues to be absolutely terrifying

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

That was pretty much exactly what I expected :(

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

gently caress, Lawler is either spent or solved

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lawler fightin under .500 now

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Magny looked really good.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

BrotherJayne posted:

gently caress, Lawler is either spent or solved

Lawler's almost 40 and he fights nothing but killers. He went from Hendricks to Rory to Condit to Woodley to Cerrone to RDA to Askren to Colby to Magny while exiting his prime all the while, it's kind of crazy he hasn't been wrecked even worse than this. I don't think he's washed as a fighter, but he's definitely washed as a contender.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Return of the Mack!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I thought all main events were 5 rounds?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

coronaball posted:

Zabit/Yair was the scheduled main event, so they bumped this up when it fell apart

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

coronaball posted:

Smith/Rakic was already signed as a 3-rounder and it only got promoted to the main event on something like two weeks' notice, so they and the UFC both likely figured it was better/easier to keep it at 3.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Well fook

Layingheart and Toothless Robbie Lawler

(Lyinghurt?)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
fight was bad

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

I wish rakic stayed standing he would have finished smith. He won comfortably though and played it safe.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

fight was bad

Yeah. I wonder if Smith was hurt

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Glad it wasn't 5 rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006