Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Lil Wayne's Carter III opens with the following lines:

"Yessir! They can't stop me. Even if they stopped me. Hahahah. Yeah.

I'm on it / Ooh I'm on it / I'm so on it / And however you want it"

Then proceeds to give us a baller anthem followed up with Mr Carter and Dr Carter right after.

Also...

quote:

So.

...begins the greatest translation of Beowulf ever created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

but that was kind of on purpose

I mean, I honestly think it's a consciously used rhetorical device. Like starting an epic story with "I mean" while the room is still loud; gathering attention without promising too much. Or even a gloating done *after* setting the benchmark; having finished a Man Booker-winning novel you go back and write a prologue while half asleep and incorporate an idea your 7 year old suggested at the breakfast table.

Bright Bart

Prof. Crocodile posted:

this is a spectacular idea for a thread and you started off with two great examples...

...and somehow i can't think of anything :negative:

need to get my trashed on, and I will return

LOL I knew there was a joke in here (whether intentional or not). It just didn't hit me until now that it would have been more clever to make the first post a mediocre album that puts its only decent single up front.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 1, 2020

Bright Bart

Yes! This is a perfect example!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

the first movement of beethovens ninth? utter poo poo. trash. i would have stabbed spears into my ears rather than ever continue writing the rest of it, so im glad beethoven was just normal guy deaf.

I was going to write Hmmmm I guess but I meant more like on purpose bland strokes before a masterpiece rather than just being less good than what follows. But I listened to it again and instead write Yes! This is a perfect example!

Bright Bart

Spooky posting.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 7, 2023