Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
explore, for me, to my face, the qualities of voyager, which are the good ones

a good-faith open ear is here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
oh my god

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sWKroQWTmA

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Heroes and Demons
Non Sequitur
Death Wish
Tuvix
Basics, Parts I & II
Flashback
Distant Origin
Scorpion, Parts I & II
The Raven
Year of Hell, Parts I & II
Mortal Coil
Message In A Bottle
The Killing Game, Parts I & II
Living Witness
Hope and Fear
Drone
Timeless
Latent Image
Bride of Chaotica!
Dark Frontier, Parts I & II
Relativity
Equinox, Parts I & II
Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
Dragon's Teeth
Pathfinder
Blink of an Eye
Tsunkatse
Collective
Child's Play
Live Fast and Prosper
Muse
Life Line
Imperfection
Drive
Critical Care
Workforce, Parts I & II
Author, Author

There, that's Good Voyager. Have fun.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 31, 2020

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n4JO9JRP-k

The Doctor sings in front of an advanced species which has never heard of singing, making him an instant celebrity!

Featuring celebrity guest Paul Williams!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
This has the best alien design on the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP4oAy43GV8

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FunkyAl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n4JO9JRP-k

The Doctor sings in front of an advanced species which has never heard of singing, making him an instant celebrity!

Featuring celebrity guest Paul Williams!

I'm kind of surprised and disappointed that the people who made the Picard facepalm bust haven't also made a tiny singing Doctor statute in Picardo's likeness yet.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Yeah theres a great episode called "11:59" you should watch it all the way through as thoroughly as possible, def. the best poo poo ever.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

nine-gear crow posted:

Workforce, Parts I & II

There, that's Good Voyager.

isn't that the one where the voyager crew got kidnapped to be office/factory drones for some dipshit planet?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

a list

There, that's Good Voyager. Have fun.

I would for sure add "Living Witness" to the list, where some random aliens of the week met Voyager and it didn't go well, leading them hundreds of years later to make a revisionist history holodeck program where all the Voyager crew is depicted as over-the-top evil caricatures. (Notably their Janeway is just like the cartoon villain Janeway that a lot of people who watch the show joke about). Then one of the aliens digs up a working copy of the Doctor's program and they try to correct the record.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

isn't that the one where the voyager crew got kidnapped to be office/factory drones for some dipshit planet?

Yes. It's got Picardo being the Emergency Command Hologram in it, so that makes it good.

Item Getter posted:

I would for sure add "Living Witness" to the list, where some random aliens of the week met Voyager and it didn't go well, leading them hundreds of years later to make a revisionist history holodeck program where all the Voyager crew is depicted as over-the-top evil caricatures. (Notably their Janeway is just like the cartoon villain Janeway that a lot of people who watch the show joke about). Then one of the aliens digs up a working copy of the Doctor's program and they try to correct the record.

It also features a hilarious gun-strapped monster version of Voyager as part of their re-creation, which the production designers probably had a blast kitting out.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

fully expected the op to read "n/t"

but seriously the opening theme is the best of all the trek shows

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes. It's got Picardo being the Emergency Command Hologram in it, so that makes it good.

It also features a hilarious gun-strapped monster version of Voyager as part of their re-creation, which the production designers probably had a blast kitting out.

lol at the phaser arrays being gun barrels that then turn in and point at nothing

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WilWheaton posted:

lol at the phaser arrays being gun barrels that then turn in and point at nothing

I love how they're either supposed to fire at targets on the opposite side of the bow from where they're placed based on the curve, or they fire at the same time and hit a target that has to be literally immediately in front of the saucer deflector with their crossfire like a pair of bull horns.

It's so intentionally, purposefully stupid, and I love it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Macrocosm, in which Janeway punches a giant virus

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I remember liking "Worst Case Scenario," where there's a holodeck program about the Maquis taking over the ship. After I saw it I called people I knew and told them I'd seen a good Voyager episode, then they watched it and said "Whoa, it was good."

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Latent Image is one of the few I think back on as some good-rear end television from this cheeseball show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's that one guy who made Robert Picardo mad by telling him that he was the only thing that was good about Voyager.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

zoux posted:

There's that one guy who made Robert Picardo mad by telling him that he was the only thing that was good about Voyager.

And was so dense he then took a picture of Picardo mentally telling him to gently caress off. :allears:

Good old TrekGoons.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

nine-gear crow posted:

Death Wish
Tuvix
Basics, Parts I & II
Living Witness
Hope and Fear
Drone
Timeless
Latent Image
Relativity
Equinox, Parts I & II
Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy
Live Fast and Prosper

These are probably my favorites?

Some because they actually TRY to explore a character well, typically The Doctor, like Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy and Latent Image; and others because they're just kind of fun, like Tinker, tenor, Doctor, Spy AGAIN, or Live Fast and Prosper...that cold open smash cut to Fake Janeway and Tuvok is about as funny as Trek ever got...which is to say not THAT funny, but amusing.

And I know I mentioned it in one of the other Trek threads, but Hope and Fear is one of my favorites because someone FINALLY calls out Janeway on her BS, and it was a bonus that it got to be Ray Wise, one of my favorite character actors.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Episode 2 or 3 of season 1 where there's a conference in Janeway's captain's quarters and they all crowd around for some reason.

Anytime First Officer A'choochi Moya says "the rubberpeople"

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I'm a big fan of The Thaw. It feels like an episode of the classic series and Janeway is quite terrifying.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

nine-gear crow posted:

Author, Author
I remember this being most of an ok episode up until they resolved the main plot and then tried to cram a vastly inferior version of The Measure of a Man in to the final act.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

These are probably my favorites?

Some because they actually TRY to explore a character well, typically The Doctor, like Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy and Latent Image; and others because they're just kind of fun, like Tinker, tenor, Doctor, Spy AGAIN, or Live Fast and Prosper...that cold open smash cut to Fake Janeway and Tuvok is about as funny as Trek ever got...which is to say not THAT funny, but amusing.

And I know I mentioned it in one of the other Trek threads, but Hope and Fear is one of my favorites because someone FINALLY calls out Janeway on her BS, and it was a bonus that it got to be Ray Wise, one of my favorite character actors.

Life Fast And Prosper is really fun because Janeway's reaction to there being a crook out there who's running around the quadrant scamming people using her likeness and the trappings of Starfleet is pure intrigued bemusement. Plus it's one of the few episodes that remembers that Neelix used to be a con artist himself and has him use his real skill set to screw over Fake Voyager and help save the day.

I wish we got more of Pilot Neelix, where he's just a blatant, if harmless, scheming crook.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Andy Dick

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
1. It's important to have and to show-to-have :females: in positions of responsibility.
2. Janeway had an doggo on earf.
3. 7-of-9 had some bomb-rear end tiddies.

I'm not mentioning the Doctor because he apparently existed earlier (he was in one of the TNG-era movies and, as such, must be rejected as Voyager-specific).

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 6, 2020

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Janeway has three different captains worth of writing so when you think about it, Voyager has the best value of any of the series.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Schadenboner posted:

1. It's important to have and to show-to-have :females: in positions of responsibility.
2. Janeway had an doggo on earf.
3. 7-of-9 had some bomb-rear end tiddies.

I'm not mentioning the Doctor because he apparently existed earlier (he was in one of the TNG-era movies and, as such, must be rejected as Voyager-specific).

Voyager premiered before First Contact, the timeline is once again safe from your meddling.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

That episode was surprisingly good. Dick and Picardo were really funny playing off each other.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

That episode was surprisingly good. Dick and Picardo were really funny playing off each other.

:ohdear:: They must think Romulans are onboard.
:byodood:: THEY'RE RIGHT!

God, Message In A Bottle is such a fun episode. And a legit game changer for Voyager overall.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

:ohdear:: They must think Romulans are onboard.
:byodood:: THEY'RE RIGHT!

God, Message In A Bottle is such a fun episode. And a legit game changer for Voyager overall.

It's so good, especially when they try to get the Prometheus to fight. Lol at the torpedo going right through the Warbird's hull and hitting the Starfleet ship.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's so good, especially when they try to get the Prometheus to fight. Lol at the torpedo going right through the Warbird's hull and hitting the Starfleet ship.

The ship has two different registry numbers because the props department figured it was a brand new ship and gave it a reg number in the 70000's, while the digital modeling department figured it had been in production for a while at this point and gave it a reg number in the 50000's, and neither team bothered to double check with the other to get it consistent :downs:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

The ship has two different registry numbers because the props department figured it was a brand new ship and gave it a reg number in the 70000's, while the digital modeling department figured it had been in production for a while at this point and gave it a reg number in the 50000's, and neither team bothered to double check with the other to get it consistent :downs:

Lol, that's incredible.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Voyager premiered before First Contact, the timeline is once again safe from your meddling.

But (the start of) First Contact "happened" before Voyager, IIRC?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Apparently Voyager starts in 2371 and the "present" section section of First Contact is 2373. The uniforms are a giveaway as well - they debuted in First Contact, then were used in DS9, but Voyager kept the old uniforms.

Though it's a time travel movie and since the EMH doesn't actually appear in First Contact until they're in the past, technically that would be his first appearance in the timeline.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
O poo poo: I amend to note that, while not as bomb-rear end as 7-of-9's tiddies, the doctor is p.deece.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Robot Style posted:

Apparently Voyager starts in 2371 and the "present" section section of First Contact is 2373. The uniforms are a giveaway as well - they debuted in First Contact, then were used in DS9, but Voyager kept the old uniforms.

Though it's a time travel movie and since the EMH doesn't actually appear in First Contact until they're in the past, technically that would be his first appearance in the timeline.

They should have switched to the First Contact uniforms too as soon as they got back in contact with Starfleet. They look so much classier than the early DS9 ones.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also Voyager appears in the original teaser trailer for First Contact leading to people speculating that it was going to somehow be a TNG/VOY crossover movie at first.

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

It was pretty much Frasier and Niles in space and extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
That time the EMH was in 7 of 9's body and ate a piece of cake for the first time ever.