Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Players:
a fatguy baldspot as ALASTEREESTI | Size Colossal | Hunger: 80M
Zore as: KLR-8, | Size: Colossal | Hunger: 80M
Not Alex as Slaithe, The Gaze of Madness | Size: Gargantuan | Hunger: 40M
Roland Jones as Azheia | Size: Huge | Hunger: 20M
Valhawk as Xicos | Size: Huge | Hunger: 20M
Amnistar as The Dark Queen | Size: Large | Hunger: 10M
paradoxGentleman as Belfry, Night-Spawn, Goat-Snatcher, the Beast of Devil's Spine Mountains | Size: Medium | Hunger: 5M
Lux Animus as: STITCHIGO | Size: Small | Hunger: 2.5M

Players select your Kaiju Icons or create one of your own:

Starting positions will be determined and generated after loading:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
A fateguy baldspot is probed so here is his pick he msged to me:

[img][/img]

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 1, 2020

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Positions to start:

AP actions and costs
    • 1AP[list]
    • Use a Monster Ability that lasts a scene
    • Travel to one adjacent land
    • Forge or Craft mundane items (+0)
    • In the land you currently occupy perform a nation action
    • Search the land you currently occupy for something or someone.
    • Use your Kaiju Quality
    • Expend a single +2 item or Servant
  • 2AP
    • Use a Monster Ability or Kaiju effect that lasts a day
    • In the land next to the one you currently occupy perform a nation action
    • Search the land next to the one you currently occupy for something or someone.
    • Expend a single +4 item or Servant
  • 3AP
    • Use a Monster Ability or Kaiju effect that lasts a week
    • Build a basic single story structure or Lair [Takes one month] (coccoon, or thing)
    • Put on a burst of speed and fast Kaiju reflexes to catch or escape something or someone. (ground, sea or flight)
    • Expend a single +6 Item or servant
  • 4AP
    • Use a Monster Ability or Kaiju effect that lasts a lunar month
    • Build a maze or dungeon style lair [takes two months]
    • Build a linked underground lair to other structures or lairs [Takes two months]
    • Expend a single +8 Item or servant
  • 5AP
    • Dig a vast shaft deep into the earth. [massive earth works, underground lair]
    • Attempt espionage yourself with another race. (temporary form change, each use can reduce your size or increase your beauty to a nation or race)
    • Expend a single +10 Item or servant
  • 6AP
    • Expend a single +12 Item or servant
  • 14AP
    • Use a Monster Ability or Kaiju effect that lasts a year.

:siren:
Players (do NOT jack up my formatting), and as always location matters even more in this game, make sure your sheets are always up to date:

ALASTEREESTI | Size Colossal | Hunger: 80M | AP: 10GM + 10 Natural | - Location: Nearby Listening Post Delta-9, Frozen Glacier

You wandered for a time. The songs. So different the creatures made their own music. Discordant with one another. this one was different. It went: Beep. Beep. beep. bweeeoh. Over and over again.

The listening post guard squinted. The storm had intensified, the looming shadow in the distance was hidden by all of the white. His hot drink had gotten cold. He went inside, what was there really to guard against way up here?

KLR-8 | Size Colossal | Hunger: 80M | AP: 10GM + 10 Natural | - Location: Nearby Magicite Rig #47, Aris Ocean

Your para-scope broke the surface and saw in all directions. Something within your memories had taken you out here, walking along the bottom of the seas until you came here. Right here. To the west you could sense them. Tiny. Insignificant. Yet. In this era there were more. Alot more. Like insects they had infested and grown. The time of the alignment with their home worlds was yet a year distant. There would be time. Time to do whatever you wanted...

Slaithe, The Gaze of Madness | Size: Gargantuan | Hunger: 40M | AP: 10GM + 8 Natural | - Location: Naval Flotilla 3, South Ice Fields[

You skimmed the surface waves and then you finally saw them. They had not detected you yet, but they would soon. Already the Flotilla began to change direction. Any active ping would find you. You have but moments to either hide or destroy them. It would be extremely hard to miss you over the calm waters.

Roll: Failure and they had a Success. However on the first turn you have the option on what to do as its not like you picked this. Destroying any specials or units outside of a country will of course yield benefits.

Azheia | Size: Huge | Hunger: 20M | AP: 10GM + 6 Natural | - Location: Nearby Refugee Station Work Camp 2, Ashlands

You flew high in the ash filled skies. The workers down below from some under-caste toiling under the eyes of some watchful guards and work bosses. They seemed to be refining Megacite from the slurry, mud, and slush. Toxic runoff was rampant. Miserable creatures below. And many nations ahead.

Xicos | Size: Huge | Hunger: 20M | AP: 10GM + 6 Natural | - Location: Nearby Fishing Fleet Joker, West Aris Ocean

A few dozen fishing vessels were plying their trade as you neared their general area. They seemed to be catching not only fish. But sentient mammals. Though they begged and squeaked, none of the fishermen paid them any heed. You, however could hear them quite clearly which is what made you drift over this way to begin with.

The Dark Queen | Size: Large | Hunger: 10M | AP: 10GM + 4 Natural | - Location: Nearby Low tide Lighthouse, SouthEast Ice Fields

You would have passed it by were it not for the light. At night it was even more brilliant. It seemed to be an ordinary light house. But...why were there so many minds below it under the ice?

Belfry, Night-Spawn, Goat-Snatcher, the Beast of Devil's Spine Mountains | Size: Medium | Hunger: 5M | AP: 10GM + 2 Natural | Location: Nearby Marine station 2241, SouthWest Ice Fields

Flying and soaring, the cold did not touch you. However the pulses from the equipment at the Marine station. Tickled you. Annoyed you. Made you feel...irritation beyond any you felt before. What were they doing down there? You circled and the signals increased....

STITCHIGO| Size: Small | Hunger: 2.5M | AP: 10GM + 0 Natural | Location: Onboard derelict Ship Oceanis. Southern Ice Fields

It had been a while.
Since you were active.
Since anything woke you.

The ships pulling along side the vessel you now occupied latched onto the scrap vessel. The screeching hit enough decibels to trigger your senses. If you played your cards right, you wouldn't have to swim back to land. (or spend an AP doing so)... A few crewsmen began walking through the vessel, looking for valuables. The symbols of the old freighter Oceanis were faded but there was a safe and many of the items here could have their Megacite extracted.

For plauers: Zoomable Vector Graphics Map (small names can be zoomed) [right click view image to be able to zoom better]

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Oh sorry, posting format as follows:

quote:

NAME | Size: Small-Med-large-Etc | Hunger: #M | AP: XGM + X Natural | Location: Place

Flavor text in normal.

Italics for OOC and mechanics text. Using: 1AP and Ability +X to do "specific outcome".

There will be no: If X, then Y, but if not Y, then Z, if none of the above then... etc. Actions are basically straightforward.

code:
[b]NAME | Size: Small-Med-large-Etc | Hunger: #M | AP: XGM + X Natural | Location: Place[/b]

Flavor text in normal.

[i]Italics for OOC and mechanics text. Using: [b]1AP[/b] and [b]Ability +X[/b] to do "specific outcome".[/i]

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Please keep track of your AP in your OOC text. Some way to show me remaining AP and what is spent. :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F5vvEGBu4Y

Slaithe, The Gaze of Madness | Size: Gargantuan | Bank: 1M | Hunger: 40M | AP: 10GM + 8 Natural | - Location: Naval Flotilla 3, South Ice Fields[/b]

Caught unawares (though it won't always go like this in combat) The men shrieked as their eyes exploded and ships began to burn from the onslaught that Slaithe shot out into the unforgiving ocean. These ships were cog-works, clockwork type things. Their thoughts in general had general information.

White is mainly a generic population or mix, sparse of any cultures but the overall nation majority culture is the technology in use.
Red nations hail from the Techno-Science World. and are more like sci-fi advanced technology.
Orange Nations, of which this fleet hail from the Steampunk World
Blue Nations are from the Bio-terminus world. And use genetic maniplulation as well as bio technology.
The grey nations are Magi-tech based and hail from that world.

Each nation is in competition with each other over the spoils of this world, and are fronts for power bases of the same names from their home worlds with all the political leanings that implies. Do not think for a moment that they all won't team up to fight you or won't sell out their own "race" to get ahead either.

The thoughts flow into you. None of these have the fullest picture but you get a sense that the larger nations will be the toughest to crack. You learn the language of those hailing from: The Steampunk world. Though all of those you ate were born here and don't know much other than histories that have no relevance here. These high class ships and hulls were infused with Megacite and plenty of it. However when it came to knowing where stockpiles were, the Naval men didn't know. They were not titans of industry nor were involved with production.
A nasty shock prompts a gargle of rage from the hovering beast. Its mind feast reveals the mortals have a way of conversing over great distance and the leaders of these metal boats are likely doing so even now and even eyeless.

As each being screamed and died, the wreckage and debris scattered into the vast sea.

You gain: 1M from the wreckage. This is not consumed immediately as your biology does not eat until the end of the year. So right now 1M in your wallet. You learn Steampunk language. You gain general knowledge of the cultures of the nations and that the stronger nations (larger size wise) will be very much harder to knock down than others.

The Dark Queen | Size: Large | Hunger: 10M | Bank: 1M | AP: 10GM + 4 Natural | - Location: Nearby Low tide Lighthouse, SouthEast Ice Fields

This was no mere lighthouse. Under and deep within the base beneath was a military installation. Dedicated to building submarines and other devices to spy on the Techno-science faction's enemies. These soldiers and sailors were all from Gorgush.

White is mainly a generic population or mix, sparse of any cultures but the overall nation majority culture is the technology in use.
Red nations hail from the Techno-Science World. and are more like sci-fi advanced technology.
Blue Nations are from the Bio-terminus world. And use genetic maniplulation as well as bio technology.

Each nation is in competition with each other over the spoils of this world, and are fronts for power bases of the same names from their home worlds with all the political leanings that implies. Do not think for a moment that they all won't team up to fight you or won't sell out their own "race" to get ahead either.

The facility itself was harvested after the allotted time to get the Megacite you craved. Right down to the last vehicle and computer. Shame about the biologicals though. They froze quickly after.

You gain: 1M from the salvage of the secret base. This is not consumed immediately as your biology does not eat until the end of the year. So right now 1M in your wallet. You learn Techno-science language. You gain general knowledge of the cultures of the nations and that the stronger nations (larger size wise) will be very much harder to knock down than others.

STITCHIGO| Size: Small | Hunger: 2.5M | Bank: 0.25M | AP: 10GM + 0 Natural | Location: Onboard derelict Ship Oceanis. Southern Ice Fields

"Hey Dennis! HEYY! Look here." the scruffy man picked you up. The tendrils pierced him and he didn't have time to scream as you wormed your way in through his veins and into his brain. He couldn't get you off of him. You were in him. Soon you had everyone. Their eyes and faces drooped and sagged. It couldn't be helped as they weren't made of amazing materials. However these men of thge Bio-terminus faction took you and the megacite within the hold back to their ships. And soon you were sailing back to Sargar with them.

As you voyaged, you caught a bit of information from them:

You gain: 0.25M from the hold of the Oceanis. This is not consumed immediately as your biology does not eat until the end of the year. So right now 0.25M in your wallet. You learn Bio-terminus language. You gain general knowledge of the cultures of the nations and that the stronger nations (larger size wise) will be very much harder to knock down than others.

Xicos | Size: Huge | Hunger: 20M | Bank: 0M | AP: 10GM + 6 Natural | - Location: Nearby Fishing Fleet Joker, West Aris Ocean

The fleet is soon under your control and sailing under your orders. Where dis you wish to go?
The minds of the sailors were awash with some information, most useless. Some not.

These were Magi-tech vessels and as such you gained a knowledge of their language. None of these tiny minds could really resist you, however would there be potent psychics in this world? As y9ou gained a clearer understanding of the rest of the world, some minds glowed brighter than others in the distance...

You gain: One fishing fleet Its combat capability is: 0. You learn Magitech language. You gain general knowledge of the cultures of the nations and that the stronger nations (larger size wise) will be very much harder to knock down than others.

KLR-8 | Size Colossal | Hunger: 80M | Bank: 3.5M | AP: 10GM + 10 Natural | - Location: Nearby Magicite Rig #47, Aris Ocean

As you neared the Megacite rig, an ancient alarm klaxon began to ring. The sleepy men on board wondered why the ancient Kaiju alarm began blaring when your form rose from the depths and you struck. The building screams and bleeds. It is alive you realize distantly. As you rend and tear you hear the screaming of men but that does not deter you. Never you. As you neared the containers and refining equipment at the building's core you get satisfaction. There is quite a bit of Megacite here. Lots of it. This is a great find.

The drowning and dying as the rig bled and burned was of no concern to you and your objectives.

You gain: 3.5M from Megacite Refining Rig. This is not consumed immediately as your biology does not eat until the end of the year. So right now 3.5M in your wallet.

ALASTEREESTI | Size Colossal | Hunger: 80M | Bank 0M | AP: 10GM + 10 Natural | - Location: Nearby Listening Post Delta-9, Frozen Glacier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tx54o-xGng

They were looking for something large. Bigger than you. Its shadow once fell across this world. Whereas you and othger Kaiju like you were not quite but sort of born here. What they were looking for came from outer space. An Ultra-Kaiju. Perhaps the king of you all, or the destroyer of all worlds. You feel its alien otherness. Not like you. Not like anything else. You have no idea what would happen or even what else would come if you did.

The scientists here are meddling in things they do not understand or grasp.

You know how to look for what they don't know they're looking for. Do you?

You gain the ability; Call: King Ultrion [+2]. The cost of the call is 5AP. This is a Kaiju Quality.
A warning: as always in my games you can do whatever you wish and when you find secrets or even things I meant for end game, know that you stumbled upon this. However know that there are no safety nets and that not everything you find is your friend.

Belfry | Size: Medium | Hunger: 5M | AP: 10GM + 2 Natural | Bank 0M | Location: Nearby Marine station 2241, SouthWest Ice Fields

Your own radar slammed into their own on occasion and soon as the week wore on they realized that the interference wasn't a technical glitch but coming from an aircraft! Flying craft from elsewhere soon began searching for you. Faster and larger models were soon called in when it became clear they weren't going to catch you. Tirelessly, as all Kaiju were you kept ahead of your pursuers. There were several hundred of the small creatures in the Marine station and it seemed they had been communing with several large pods of oceanic mammals almost but not quite successfully.

Your presence and your own sound scared every single beast away at the same time instantly. It was at that point they realized something may have been wrong with their equipment and soon opened up their discovery of you. While all of the aircraft seemed to be science vessels, they were really nicely equipped and it wouldn't be long before more...deadly models showed up.

You know the complete layout of the Marine station, the number of land mammals and sea mammals around it. You know they were trying to talk to the sea mammals before you scared them off. The Marine station is more of a scientific place but then again you have no way of knowing at this point, but they know you are out there and believe you to be some kind of aircraft. A very stealthy and very fast aircraft. You can detect Megacite within the aircraft following you in flocks as well as making up the station. You won't know how much until you raid this place. It is only a matter of time before you are found out though.