Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

doverhog posted:

JOI is both a product to help lonely poors jerk off, and (with the emanator) a "sentient" AI that is no different from the replicants, just as the replicants are no different from humans. Everyone is just a machine, consciousness does not actually exist, it's all fake.

Are you saying that space, time, and thought are not as distinct concepts as we may believe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

End of Shoelace posted:

What does "Alien" have to say?

In space, no one can hear you scream?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I think we can all agree that Alien: Resurrection is the best film ever, and clearly the best Alien film

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 2, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

how many aliens could boba fett kill???

0, they are worth more alive

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

El_Elegante posted:

If a friend invited me to come watch any movie on that list right now I would pick resurrection

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Collapsing Farts posted:

I was looking forward to seeing the protagonist from Prometheus fly around with David The Head and explore the engineer poo poo in Covenant

but she was killed ofscreen and he just sort of got a new body somehow

Yea, can someone who has seen these movies recently explain what happened, cause this is how I remember it too

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Just rewatched Prometheus this morning, having never rewatched it all the way through again after seeing it in the theaters. I got to be honest, it’s actually pretty good and most of the criticisms itt are kind of nit picky. Sure the whole “pathfinder gets himself lost“ part isn’t great, but you can justify it w/ the guy getting super freaked out and ditching the crew. Also, David’s mad scientist angle wraps into the overarching “creation becomes the creator” storybeat. Dumb scientist boyfriend being a cocky little poo poo that puts everybody at risk seems totally believable given his character development (they make significant discoveries related to how life on earth began, you could expect to be a little elated and rash).

One criticism that does stand out in my mind, however, is the goon who said something about how nobody seems to give a poo poo about Noomi’s caesarean. Like, David is all weirdly perverted about the gestating alien and they even send in a crew to put Noomi in cryosleep, but then she just brains the cryo techs and stumbles upon old Guy Pierce and he is just like, “welp, nice to see you here with your cool surgical staples, time to go meet the last living god if you’re interested.” Still, the movie moves at a quick enough pace that I can overlook it.

To be scientific, I should probably rewatch Alien/Aliens, but I would rank it solidly just below those for the minute (and ahead of the rest). Also, can I get #3 combo

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 7, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

It was me that made this mistake earlier in the thread. I rewatched the film and now see I forgot the part where she lowers his body from the engineer’s ship. Also, that other poster said it there is a voice over at the beginning of covenant where he says she put the body back together. They are somewhat forgettable scenes, tbh

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

recommend you cry about it

Way ahead of ya, bud

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Just cause it’s not molecular acid doesn’t mean it’s not corrosive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

noomi rapace is infertile. nice uterus. for a clown lol

That was weird character development; felt like they could have just said, “wow, can’t believe we discovered our gods, wanna gently caress?!” and been just as believable. Also, I think being 3 mo pregnant after coming out of cryo sleep would be confusing on its own; being infertile too doesn’t add that much to the mix