Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It really made me reevaluate alien after I saw my son immediately after childbirth. Holy poo poo did Scott have some hosed up issues with birth.

Having only seen Prometheus as the first alien movie I have ever seen, I thought it held up as a meh horror flick with no strong impressions. Given everyone else I saw it with's reaction I think it's best that I never watch it again having seen the original one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I mean, I had completely forgotten Prometheus and Avatar existed before this thread reminded me they did.

poo poo, Prometheus was so forgettable I didn't even know they bothered with a sequel before this thread popped up.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Honestly the worst part of Prometheus is that the ship captain was fun and having him suicide to save the others was way worse than if he had just went, "welp, they all died" and flew home.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

anyone who thinks the movie never explained what the black goo is and thinks its a plot hole is dumb as hell
and a plot hole is when something acts in a way to advance the plot with no internal reasoning or logic or causality of its own actions not when it has 50 potential and evident reasons but the movie didn't hand-hold you and have a character face the camera and explicitly stated why a thing was happening

the worst character in prometheus was the biologist for thinking earth being seeded with dna fragments would contradict evolution. its like if the map guy not only got lost but didnt know what a map was

The grey goo was alien goo. It didnt need to be explained, because if you explained it it wouldn't be alien it would be midichlorians.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Eau de MacGowan posted:

The alien wasnt in prometheus

But it was in alien covenant

It popped up for a couple of seconds at the end just in case you forgot the franchise you were watching