Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nah still bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I don't think masking up would help a xenomorph, the 2nd mouth will go right thru if it yawns

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

A good modern Alien adaptation sort of is Pandorum

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I think covenant is the one where they land on the wrong planet and find that their predecessors genocided the locals with the aliens right? That was pretty dumb especially with that dumbass twist in the end

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

does anyone care actually?

like does anyone care what happened to the montegues after the fact?

is there a shakespear expanded universe???

I'd watch Romeo and Juliet 2: this time it's personal

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you look closely at 22:44:57 you will notice black goo's yearbook with their photograph and description, "most likely to cause a genocide on an alien planet". Wow!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Are we sure that the human race, portrayed via a series of wacky characters in the movies, aren't the true villain of the Alien franchise?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

And it's gotta say something cool! No more hissing and spitting, today's clown alien has to be a cunning linguist. How about "why so serieous"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Johnny Alien wakes up in cold acidic sweat, on the floor. Enough of it pooled to erode the cinfortable cot down to nothing. He swore. It was another one of these dreams - no, a nightmare. A pink human cub chasing after him through the endless corridors. He shivered.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I love how an enjoyable slasher in space franchise turned into some kind of navel gazing about the clock maker argument.

Who gives a gently caress who made the aliens, gently caress the architects, they are useless and boring. Give me a 2 hour movie about a lavish space cruise that accidentally takes up some unwanted passengers and then everyone gets et by aliens.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

Just watch Deep Rising.

I think I've seen it. It's not in space though.

Really the whole subgenre of horror... In space! is basically non-existent outside of maybe two dozen movies, most from 20+ years ago.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'd even settle for the bad part of Sunshine set on the first Mars or Moon colony.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Bladerunner is a bad movie because it teaches children to run around with blades ie see the name and it's not a very good idea! Remember little Johnny who liked to run with scissors from your childhood? That's right.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

It's on a ship, and the characters have pulse rifles. But really, I love that film and think you should watch it again.

John McTiernan's commentary on Predator was like that as well. Really disappointing compared to the other special features they put together for the Predator DVD. They've should've done a Dog Soldiers and sat the cast down in front of the movie with a case of beer and recorded the resulting conversations.

I think I just might take you up on that offer. Last time I've seen it I don't think I was even a teenager but then again same goes for Alien.

Definitely see Pandorum if you're into scifi horror, it's amazing.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

It was a brilliant piece of fascist propaganda

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

numberoneposter posted:

i like when they play the flute :)

Oh yeah that was great.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Uhhh what humans don't poo poo their babies down anyone's neck! Or spit acid for that matter

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

These here plotholes signify the hubris of man, you absolute rube, don't you watch any kino? And this bad acting represents men drawn to the edge of sanity, it is absolutely brilliant work! You think the movie directors cheaped out on the set? You drat idiot, they were building for authenticity, the gorilla suit robot represents what the characters would see through their limited mindset upon encountering alien technology of incomprehensible advancement :smugdog:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Annihilation was kind of weak imo. It feels like a direct and very bad plagiarism of Roadside Picnic by Strugatskys from like 40 years ago, literally a copy but with chicks and in US. Maybe the book is better but I've been putting it away for a while.

Good looking film and less of a disappointment than the last several Alien entries though :shrug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Forgettable means literally a watcher would be incapable of remembering anything about the film. Not the title, not the basic plot, nothing at all, complete tabula rasa.

Don't you forget it when you start talking poo poo about Howard the Duck.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Have you goon folk ever seen Avengers?! Quips and action every moment, it's truly the pinnacle of modern scifi

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I for one really want to see Murder on Orient Express in space. Make it an early flight to Mars or whatever.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah but what about murder on Orient Express in space WITHOUT a pedophilic alien?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sounds like some of you itt have a lot of growing up to do. A properly trained adult movie watcher can watch randomly blinking screen for 2 hours and walk away saying it was the best movie they've ever seen.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

i let out an audible groan when the one robot said "ill do the fingering and you just blow" or whatever and he eventually plays the loving theme song for the movie on a goddamn recorder

what a crock of dumb poo poo

That was the best scene of the movie though. I want more gay robots on silver screens and I want them now

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The alien fetus isn't really alive until it pops thru your skin and kills you according to my religion

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

The alien fetus has got no nose.

See?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Just imagine finding an incorrect use of a scientific term in a shlocky scifi movie unacceptable and outrageous. Yeah boss the teleporter runs off unobtanium and the monster growing a second head and starting to breathe fire in a span of 30 min has evolved, what of it?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I thought it was well postulated within this very thread that characters in alien films are dumb mercenaries inept at their jobs and likely trained at whatever equivalent of a conservative Christian education centre they have in the setting? You're clearly missing the nuance in the film that should be obvious to a trained eye. These people are incompetent and misinformed from the start!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

End of Shoelace posted:

Other than the weird non-sequitur about Christian schools: correct. Weyland needed a B-team that nobody in public would care about to smuggle himself, David and his own team to LV-233.

The evolution comment should be a good clue buddy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

No such thing as a good android. Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind, amen

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Two whole mouths for eating rear end

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Why would a xenomorph need tits, it's not like it's a mammal :shucks:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Sexy aliens are an improvement over the loving CD rejects jerking off over their kino