Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

I love how an enjoyable slasher in space franchise turned into some kind of navel gazing about the clock maker argument.

Who gives a gently caress who made the aliens, gently caress the architects, they are useless and boring. Give me a 2 hour movie about a lavish space cruise that accidentally takes up some unwanted passengers and then everyone gets et by aliens.

Just watch Deep Rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

I think I've seen it. It's not in space though.

Really the whole subgenre of horror... In space! is basically non-existent outside of maybe two dozen movies, most from 20+ years ago.

It's on a ship, and the characters have pulse rifles. But really, I love that film and think you should watch it again.

Console Role Player posted:

The most disappointing thing about Alien Covenant is that the director's commentary is nothing but Ridley Scott artlessly explaining what's happening on the screen. No insights in to the production or the writing process. No anecdotes about the cast or shooting. Just Ridley acting like the world's most aloof and boring grandpa, reading his grandchildren a bedtime story not even he is interested in.

John McTiernan's commentary on Predator was like that as well. Really disappointing compared to the other special features they put together for the Predator DVD. They've should've done a Dog Soldiers and sat the cast down in front of the movie with a case of beer and recorded the resulting conversations.