Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

tag owns game owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Oh, what the hell. Tag me, please.

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

I can honestly empathize with this guy's "what tf" and then "why tf" look.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I wish we had arrived 1 min earlier so he could have been double-tf as 60 additional ships pour through the gate.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The Saddest Robot posted:

I wish we had arrived 1 min earlier so he could have been double-tf as 60 additional ships pour through the gate.

Considering it was our first real op as a group (many have played EO but even that is 5+ years ago and rusty for most). I think we did really good, at least we weren't still a form up or something dumb and hard burning at a trickle in. The proper timing would have been so amazing though. Next time. Always a next time.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It was a good learning experience and I think we did great overall. If they had a greater number our timing would have actually been perfect to crush them between us and our allies. Too bad they died so quickly.

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Sep 18, 2020

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I couldn't make it due to 2 hours of screaming babies that should have been sleeping. In the future, please have all ops during baby naptime on the weekends.

Has anyone seem mention of when empire war decs will start happening? My stealth bomber needs a workout.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i stayed up too late honking in local with our friends then my 2 year old woke up at 5:30, 10/10 would honk again

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

very excited for our next defense fleet, when we'll actually some kills and not just show up lookin fancy

e: did i not get a tag cause i didn't say please :negative:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I absolutely love this new generation of influencer/fomo gamers that feel the need to stream every single thing they do. It's going to be such a struggle for them.

On the one hand, they risk showing the internet all their intel.

On the other hand, maybe they can snag a few hundred viewers and build their streaming media empire and be the Ninja of Eve echoes.

This desire for space fame is going to be the downfall of most big ops like this because there will always be one rear end in a top hat who just can't help but fire up twitch.

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Tag me daddy!

JagerNinja
Sep 13, 2011

Steely-eyed Missile of a Man

Eox posted:

The tag has been uploaded, post your requests and I'll start queuing them up

Tag, please, if it's not too late!

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Ooh I'd love a tag!

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
If I'm not too late please tag me.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

rocketrobot posted:

I couldn't make it due to 2 hours of screaming babies that should have been sleeping. In the future, please have all ops during baby naptime on the weekends.

I empathize. My crotch spawn doesn't go to bed until 8pm PDT, so I basically miss out on everything.

Edit: Actually, that's probably a signal for me to do slosh ops for my time zone. :downsgun:

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Tag me daddy, eight to the HONK.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I empathize. My crotch spawn doesn't go to bed until 8pm PDT, so I basically miss out on everything.

Edit: Actually, that's probably a signal for me to do slosh ops for my time zone. :downsgun:

This post plus your user name plus slosh ops? Everyone will want to join.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I missed out on everything and being generally low energy doesn't help matters but drat, that was cool. Keep on wasting streaming nerds. :black101:

Halt!
Oct 11, 2008

I think it’s almost better that we showed up right as VVV was through mopping them up. It’s got to be a special sort of demoralizing to know that not only did you get completely wiped by one fleet, but there was an entire second fleet of roughly equal size on the way to blow you up.

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
If possible we should get everyone who is willing to brave the cesspool that is the official EVE Echoes discord to do this. It will greatly help us with our supply chain and in house tools which will expedite the pubbie rage and tears.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I absolutely love this new generation of influencer/fomo gamers that feel the need to stream every single thing they do. It's going to be such a struggle for them.

I mean I watched a popular streamer once, saw all those 10bux donations flashing, and had dreams of earning an incoming through live button mashing and hurfblurfing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Haize posted:

I mean I watched a popular streamer once, saw all those 10bux donations flashing, and had dreams of earning an incoming through live button mashing and hurfblurfing.

You mostly have to yell and get super into a game like beyond reason. You also need to play what is popular on a schedule to actually make money. You will also be expected to do the new "point" thing and most twitch streamers expect to be able to force you to do things like pushups on camera and will yell that you aren't giving them their money's worth if you don't go AFK and get killed to do the 3 pushups they just redeemed and are going to ask you to do another 5 the second you sit down.

Twitch becomes more toxic every day on large streams. I enjoy hanging out with streamers with 20-30 viewers though they tend to be chill and doing it for the money. It seems like soul crushing work, I've seen the mask slip on some big streamers before.

thezanke
Feb 16, 2020

Tag me as well plz. HONK!

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

pixaal posted:

You mostly have to yell and get super into a game like beyond reason.

This has basically been the past month for me with toilet Eve, but rest assured I never actually took the idea of being a streamer seriously.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

it's weird but i play video games to not think about work and to have a good time

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
Tag me up

So I'm with this random alliance Rifles and Whiskey or something similar. They're supposedly from EO and veteran, all that usual stuff. They are so uncooridnated it's amazing they aren't living in high sec permanently.

A couple of random Russian corps came and started messing with the miners (which they don't protect) and they lost a retreiver on day 1. There were maybe 20 of them and I'm being generous. It took about a hundred of this alliance to scare off 20 of these people and listening to them panic and freak about it was quite amusing. Now I have never played Eve, but I assume things like focus fire and sorting ships are important. I'm almost exclusively a miner and on the industry side, but most of this stuff seems self explanatory.

On a side note, how have I missed out for so long watching people freak out over their virtual stuff getting blown up?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Kaysette posted:

it's weird but i play video games to not think about work and to have a good time

https://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/1989/03/12

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

himurak posted:

So I'm with this random alliance Rifles and Whiskey or something similar. They're supposedly from EO and veteran, all that usual stuff. They are so uncooridnated it's amazing they aren't living in high sec permanently.

shoot rocks for us and not those morons

so good. i loved calvin and hobbes as a kid but it's amazing how well they hold up as a parent now.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

himurak posted:

On a side note, how have I missed out for so long watching people freak out over their virtual stuff getting blown up?

Create a battleventure, shoot blues, and lie your rear end off about it until they kick you. Take screenshots. Then join us (and keep shooting blues).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I'm sorry this UI is terrible I was trying to target that guy that warped in pressed lock but just as I did he flew away and it opened another menu after my press went through and I pressed lock, which locked you! My guns were primed and I couldn't figure out how to unlock you and was looking for it I'm sorry!

Oh no I don't have the ISK for your mods I'm sorry can I get you next week?

Then you shoot them when they come back again with a new venture.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

himurak posted:

Tag me up

So I'm with this random alliance Rifles and Whiskey or something similar.

Why do you want the gang tag when you are in a different gang?

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
As a proud member of HONK with alts in MEAN and HAUS, please tag me the heck up.

e: woohoo thanks!

Dukes Mayo Clinic fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 19, 2020

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power
Can I have a tag too?

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

Kaysette posted:

You’re playing the wrong game, friend!

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Tag this gander

jaken97
Aug 1, 2013

Hell Gem
Tag please and thank you.
HONK!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The kill of the night

This worm just let my alt bait them into oblivion and didn't leave when my omen arrived on grid on their rear end. RIP

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I feel like I should be doing uh, something, in this. I've mostly just been doing the occasional news mission and setting skills to learn.

I was thinking I should maybe get started on production or something but not really sure where to begin with that. Any pointers? I'm in Taisy at least.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

kirbysuperstar posted:

I feel like I should be doing uh, something, in this. I've mostly just been doing the occasional news mission and setting skills to learn.

I was thinking I should maybe get started on production or something but not really sure where to begin with that. Any pointers? I'm in Taisy at least.

Get on Discord and do all the things with us. Mining ops, roaming PVP, ratting, mission fleets, deadspaces, Ally defense. Industry too if that's what you're into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Late to the party but if they are still up for grabs I'll take a tag please