Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's your opinion on Bob's Burgers?
It's good!
It's bad!
Not my cup of tea but that's just me
Anyone who likes Jimmy Jr is a loving baby killer
His name is bob burger
View Results

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the musical bits are delightful

the one from when bob gets glued to a toilet is one of my favorites

or the one where the credits have teddy singing beyond the sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It's a Good Show but 10 seasons in and they have changed up the formula so little that you basically can't tell a season 10 episode from a season 3 episode. The only signifiers are newer episodes have less yelling and more singing. This is both impressive in that the quality hasn't wavered much and a negative because almost no episodes stand out as memorable.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

iiiii’m chained to mr goiter/
in hoooope that they won’t destroy her/
okay he’s not a her but I really really wanted it to rhyme!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I like the show best when the adults carry the episode and the kids are accessories to them or have a B plot. Also, Regular Sized Rudy is the funniest kid and should have been a Burger kid.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's been on for 10 years already?

jesus

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

13Pandora13 posted:

I respect a man that can have a career as a voice actor just doing his natural voice for literally every character he plays.

What's really weird is he always does the same voice but they somehow sound different.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

the musical bits are delightful

the one from when bob gets glued to a toilet is one of my favorites

or the one where the credits have teddy singing beyond the sea

I'm with you, I love the songs and am generally not a fan of them in animation.

E: this is hypnotic

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The belchers, simpsons and griffins all have the same car

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
the toilet song really is the best one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDiuSwrRQ4M

bartok
May 10, 2006

I think Bob's Burgers is the only network show I watch that isn't sports. The quality has definitely dipped but it's been 10 seasons and it's still entertaining enough.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's really weird is he always does the same voice but they somehow sound different.

agreed. like Patrick Warburton or Chris Parnell.

Milo and POTUS posted:

holy poo poo

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh boy did I find an incredible amount of detail looking that up:
https://www.imcdb.org/movie_96697-The-Simpsons.html
https://www.imcdb.org/movie_182576-Family-Guy.html
https://www.imcdb.org/movie_1561755-Bob-s-Burgers.html
The obsessives disagree with you.

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Regular fries are the best french fries
Regular fries theyre just very good fries
Sweet potato fries are overrated
Baby...you got to have regular fries!

I love this show so much. The new season starts tomorrow. It's a mild show and it has gotten more mild over the years - not so many bondage or crack smoking jokes anymore - but I'm very attached to the characters and their crappy town.

The show also has the best voice cast on TV and the animation seems bland, but actually is pretty great. They have a lot of nice details.

Cafe Barbarian fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 26, 2020

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Cafe Barbarian posted:

Regular fries are the best french fries
Regular fries theyre just very good fries
Sweet potato fries are overrated
Baby...you got to have regular fries!

I love this show so much. The new season starts tomorrow. It's a mild show and it has gotten more mild over the years - not so many bondage or crack smoking jokes anymore - but I'm very attached to the characters and their crappy town.

The show also has the best voice cast on TV and the animation seems bland, but actually is pretty great. They have a lot of nice details.

It's my coziest comfort food tv. Love that it's back tomorrow

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
i like bob burger :)

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I stopped watching it after the two part musical episode. That thing was basically them screaming “gently caress you idiot look what we can make you watch”

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I like that it’s become more mild, there are more than enough mean-spirited shows on the air, especially animated sitcoms. At the same time I think they’ve leaned to hard into to the “we’re a positivity show!” angle, to the point where it can be grating and contributes to feeling more formulaic. It’s easy to guess the outcome when no character is truly bad and everything is a misunderstanding.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It is NOT the show for the times

feller
Jul 5, 2006

yeah imagine getting to sit down inside at a restaurant. jesus what planet does this show take place on??

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Haven’t watched in a few years. It was starting to feel like every other episode was some sort of holiday episode.

I got the burger book and made the French onion soup burger. It was hella good.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That’s not very nice Bryce

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
All canadian tv is exceptionally poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I sick of your bigotry

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

chaosbreather posted:

I stopped watching it after the two part musical episode. That thing was basically them screaming “gently caress you idiot look what we can make you watch”

I guess the episode you mention is either Wharf Horse/World Wharf 2 or The Bleakening?

Honestly your reaction is bizarre, like the show assaulted you, but do you just hate musicals? It seems like a lot of people that don't like the show because of all the music.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Bob is right about sweet potato fries: they're an abomination.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

General Dog posted:

It's not as good as like, Home Movies, but it's fun enough.

:agreed:

Bob's Burgers is fine. I don't watch a ton of it but if I stumble upon an episode I'll usually watch it.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I think sweet potato fries require some sort of exact temperature for the drier and a limited time to consumption or they are gross limp soggy messes. If I had a burger joint I don’t think I’d serve them. Too easy to gently caress up apparently because 9 times out of 10 when I order them they are trash.
I keep trying because when they are good and crispy they are great

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Dear Watson posted:

I think sweet potato fries require some sort of exact temperature for the drier and a limited time to consumption or they are gross limp soggy messes. If I had a burger joint I don’t think I’d serve them. Too easy to gently caress up apparently because 9 times out of 10 when I order them they are trash.
I keep trying because when they are good and crispy they are great

Legitimately never had bad sweet potato fries, honestly. You're not wrong about a limited time for consumption but uh, so do regular fries.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I dunno. I’ve tried them at a lot of places and they are almost always limp soggy sad fries

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Bob's an artist. A beef artist. A beefartist, if you will.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sweet potato tater tots are pretty good

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

vandalism posted:

Bob's an artist. A beef artist. A beefartist, if you will.

Warf Arts!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This crossover episode was great

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Cafe Barbarian posted:

I guess the episode you mention is either Wharf Horse/World Wharf 2 or The Bleakening?

Honestly your reaction is bizarre, like the show assaulted you, but do you just hate musicals? It seems like a lot of people that don't like the show because of all the music.

This is bizarre to me. I like musicals fine but this barely qualifies as a musical. Maybe one cast member can even hold a tune, it’s funny when it’s a short joke but when it’s two episodes how could you not be offended by it? All the jokes were “yep we’re still singing and we’re hanging a lantern on it, we’re also hanging a lantern on how the plot is bad”. The entire thing was parents-forced-to-watch-their-kids-onstage tier, not globally syndicated television show tier.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

I never really loved animated comedies, and I thought I would hate this show before I saw it, until my wife convinced me to give it a shot. Now I've been a fan for years. The show is the perfect combination of silly, funny, satirical, and wholesome, and its characters are so utterly like the people in my life that I can't help but love it.

It's also the only show I've seen that convincingly reflects the thought processes of children.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

chaosbreather posted:

This is bizarre to me. I like musicals fine but this barely qualifies as a musical. Maybe one cast member can even hold a tune, it’s funny when it’s a short joke but when it’s two episodes how could you not be offended by it? All the jokes were “yep we’re still singing and we’re hanging a lantern on it, we’re also hanging a lantern on how the plot is bad”. The entire thing was parents-forced-to-watch-their-kids-onstage tier, not globally syndicated television show tier.

they are better than 'musical' episodes in 99% of things - they have a very unique tone to them that nothing else hits. plus they have kevin kline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnNv23UDx-4&t=127s

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

There are some poorly supervised children amongst the art.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Imagine if someone paid money to see a band or a musical and got this?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Hazo posted:

There are some poorly supervised children amongst the art.

Gotta have adventures somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Xaintrailles posted:

Imagine if someone paid money to see a band or a musical and got this?

Maybe its because I actually do hate a lot of musical theatre, but I much prefer these terrible yet unique voices to the "real" thing