Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hell yeah division champs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Angel do not screw over my pal Billy

Edit: You jerk

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cubs clinch the Central despite being dogshit, whatever I'll take it :toot:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Giants and Cards screwing around enough that they're gonna let the Brewers sneak into the playoffs

edit also half the NL playoff teams could finish with .500 records

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 27, 2020

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bases loaded no outs is a good start...

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
LET'S GO JAYS

Last game at Sahlen Field, but I have a feeling they'll be back next year because lol if you think COVID will be under control by then

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Camera focuses in on Sandoval, who's rubbing his crotch the whole time.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Ozuna should get frequent flier miles for that blast.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

holy poo poo nice catch Davis

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Ozuna should get frequent flier miles for that blast.

Gotta think that Ozuna is one of the very few players who has earned himself a lot of money in this short, cursed season

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
nico hoerner more like me-so horny!

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Gerblederp posted:

holy poo poo nice catch Davis

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/1310303575634055169

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/thehazelmae/status/1310304906859905025

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Smyly with 7 strikeouts in the first 3 innings. I bet he gets a nice contract with how well he's pitched this year. Maybe the Giants can bring him back.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Inciarte is absolutely fried, Braves really are gonna have to eat the 2.5 mil they owe him next year and just cut the rope.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
VLAD DING

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Gurriel yesss

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nice catch for JBJ

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Freeman singles, still chasing a batting title against Soto and I guess now Ozuna.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Grichuk having a bad game

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

so Milwaukee seems happy to leave their fate up to everyone else today

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Tanner Roark is so loving useless

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Billy Hamilton...is BACK

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

smyly probably done after 5 innings. 10 strikeouts, but leaves trailing 2-1

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

elentar posted:

Freeman singles, still chasing a batting title against Soto and I guess now Ozuna.

Soto got pulled from a blowout after going 1-1 and ending at .351 so Freddie has his work cut out for him.

edit: i would like never to face Jackie Bradley Jr. again, good god has he murdered Braves pitching

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 27, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

elentar posted:

Soto got pulled from a blowout after going 1-1 and ending at .351 so Freddie has his work cut out for him.

edit: i would like never to face Jackie Bradley Jr. again, good god has he murdered Braves pitching
Freeman will need 3 more hits not just 2 to catch Soto

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poque posted:

Billy Hamilton...is BACK

lol he stole home

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

bawfuls posted:

Freeman will need 3 more hits not just 2 to catch Soto

won't happen, sigh

edit: yeah even beyond the AB he won't get he just lined out, so gg Soto, pity about most of the rest of your team

elentar fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 27, 2020

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

elentar posted:

won't happen, sigh

edit: yeah even beyond the AB he won't get he just lined out, so gg Soto, pity about most of the rest of your team

:salt:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Come on Jays. Please pull this one out

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

ok

any theories though as to why the Nats were this bad this year? Even with this game, they're on a 162-game pace to just barely scrape 70 wins.

there is literally no reason why the Marlins should have been able to beat the three other NL East teams to a playoff spot.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I can't decide if seeing Hamels or Panda in a Braves uni is weirder.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Chris Martin's just hurt his leg. there goes a) a reliable reliever and b) not the greaseball they've brought in to relieve him.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

elentar posted:

ok

any theories though as to why the Nats were this bad this year? Even with this game, they're on a 162-game pace to just barely scrape 70 wins.

there is literally no reason why the Marlins should have been able to beat the three other NL East teams to a playoff spot.

-losing Strasburg

-their offense last year was Soto, Trea, and Rendon plus a bunch of role players having good years. They didn't sign a big bat to replace Rendon, and this year Robles, Kendrick, Kieboom, Thames etc are struggling

-sample size. If we were 2 months into a normal season, no one would be writing them off

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Crawford dong

Giants not quite dead yet

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
rip the braves

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Damnit Jays

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Love to enter the playoffs on the back of getting trucked twice by a lovely team

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Me: I should at least watch the last regular game of the season

Cubs immediately give up 4 runs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
let’s fuckin go sox