Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Literally turned the game on just in time to see Javy smash a hanging slider to the moon.

Good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Derek Holland wants to murder the entire Pirates infield

Hell I'm rooting for the Cubs and hate Holland, and I feel for him. He has been brutalized by his defenders.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
W :toot:

It's the Pirates who are dogshit right now, but gotta be able to take it to bad teams.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Johnny Bravo posted:

why does maddon have someone up in the bullpen

Tautological question.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

I didn't used to believe in managers being important until Dusty Baker was my team's manager

Cubs fans? I feel ya

It's weird because by all accounts he's a really good clubhouse manager that guys like, but he is just dogshit at both in-game management and handling individual player workload/health. You'd think he'd get more flack from his guys over it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I see Ottavino is doing the thing cross-fire delivery guys like to do and just randomly start eating poo poo.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hamilton is actually a good pickup for us because he basically hits about as well as Almora but with way better CF defense and actual speed on the bases. I don't expect to see much of him beyond late game defensive replacement and pinch running though.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Mills gimmick of giving up a gazillion hard hit fly balls working today thanks to the wind I see.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Javy used to legit steal bags but he actually has to get on base to do that, which is not his greatest strength this year.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao like the one game I've seen KB not wear the elbow guard and he gets plunked dead on the elbow.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Javy!

lmao Nick just cannot field at all.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Contreras doing his best Blues Brothers impression and batting with sunglasses on while it's pitch loving black and stormy out.

Poque posted:

I'm guessing we've seen the last of Almora as a Cub at this point. There's no reason to even tender him the arb contract

I think so too. It sucks because by all accounts he's a great guy and an incredibly hard worker, but his bat has just been completely untenable since basically the 2018 ASB and he's so goddamn slow that even with his fantastic instincts and routes in CF his defense is limited by poor range. Hopefully he can figure it out at some point and carve out a good career somewhere.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Said he was out tonight but will be back tomorrow.

Man I really hope JD is around for the long haul and he isn't slowly being phased out for Dempster.

Seriously, Dempster is fine but he and Len together are a loving snoozefest.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Six scoreless from Mills is about the last thing I expected tonight, good stuff.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lol that ball is loving long gone without the wind. Can't be too mad though, the wind saved Mills' bacon a bunch tonight as well.

Mustached Demon posted:

Dempster and JD?!

:yikes:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:siren: Billy Hamilton is in the game :siren:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

with the wind howling in, why put in the strikeout guy who can't throw strikes

It hasn't been Joe levels of infuriating but Ross's bullpen management has been... questionable in a short sample. Getting some Derek Holland flashbacks with how poorly Davis has used Osich so far.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

Craig Kimbrel is going to blow this game in the 9th

:hmmyes:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I thought for sure Tepera was gonna get himself tossed lol.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Cubs Win! :toot:

Was not expecting the Cubs to pull out the Mills start, good poo poo.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao my roommate was just bitching to me yesterday about how much Lux looks like poo poo, so of course tonight he's 3-5 with 5 RBI's.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Boyd is a guy the Pitcher List dudes absolutely love and seem to keep pointing to as a breakout ace in the making, but I just don't see it. He's Sale if Sale had like 10MPH less velo and way worse control.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mustached Demon posted:

This is where a good offense would go "yeah yu I got you" and score 4-5

ahahahahahaha

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Lorenzen kind sucks this year huh

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What the gently caress is Ross' obsession with Adam? Like he's not terrible but there are far better arms even in this pen and for some reason Ross just keeps running him out night after night.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It'd be nice if Contreras was finally heating up, considering it looks like Happ is coming back to earth and Bryant/Rizzo/Javy all look not great.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:toot:

I expected to win the Darvish start and lose the Mills start, so those being flipped + another win for 2-3 ain't bad. Gained some ground on the Cardinals as well.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ThePeavstenator posted:

Cubs posters, why was Wick left in to start the inning? Did Jeffress really need the extra 2 batters to get ready?

Ross seems to kinda get into his own head a bit regarding pen what if's. He was too obsessed with running out of guys or burning Jeffress early that he decided to roll the dice on leaving Wick in, which is not only stupid on it's own but doubly stupid because Wick just pitched last night and asking him to go multiple innings here was incredibly dumb.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Endless Trash posted:

I have to wonder if the cubs scoring jack poo poo helped them lose that game

I mean, there are other guys in the pen? Sure they suck but asking Wick to give you two after he just pitched last night was dumb as hell, not just from a trying to win the game standpoint but from a "could potentially injure one of the few guys in the pen who doesn't suck absolute poo poo" one as well.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Mustached Demon posted:

How many scoring opportunities will the cubs blow today?

5? 12?

They'd actually have to reach base to create a scoring opportunity to blow and it's hard to reach base when everybody is trying to strike out.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:lol: Suter just tripped mid delivery and fell rear end over teakettle.

And then goes right back to sitting the Cubs down 1-2-3 because this offense is trash.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ThePeavstenator posted:

To be fair, our pitching is also very good

It is, but the Cubs offense has also been unbelievably bad for the past couple weeks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dan Vogelbach becoming a Cubs killer would honestly be the funniest poo poo imaginable and I am all for it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I expect the results of this to be that Bryant is now (even more) injured and Braun hits a dinger.

e. lol called it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
?!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao Kimbrel caught the Vargas HR.

And now he's being given an actual save opportunity, :rip: the comeback I guess.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao this is actually hilarious.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The uh... *checks notes* ...Vargas game?

Sure whatever, I can't believe we actually scored some loving runs :toot:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Homeybeef posted:

The gently caress just happened?

Umps didn't call time and the Brewers tried to throw to 2nd in case Javy left early, and so as soon as they did Javy booked it home and scored. Sloppy play by Sogard, he should have been watching Javy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Fuckin' Alec Mills, lol