Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
How does a NZ farmer count sheep?

1... 2.... Hello darling ...3 ....4

Why do you bang sheep near cliffs?

So they push back

Welcome to September, where the end of this hell year is just 438 days away. This is yet another terrible OP for a a terrible chat thread where we prance around slapping each other with fish, talk about getting a q-tip up the dickhole (why? Dont ask me), bad cars, therapy, food, copious alcohol to try to cope with a most henious year and.....

The new Bill and Ted movie apparently is actually pretty good? Well poo poo 2020 has some redeeming value after all.

The cat has seen your browsing history!

Ask me how I caught someone literally pants down in the office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

(photo is 2 years old, this catte is definitely a bit chonkier now)

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I love me some chonky cats. This is me IRL:

https://lloydd.angrywaffles.net/Misc/dad%20IRL.mp4

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

This fukkin drama queen is just about done with this year

She used to be chunky but we switched her food and she's down to a healthy weight

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Ugh, this thread is off to an itchy start

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I see that NZ sheep jokes are the same as Welsh sheep jokes.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Look at my GF's new kitten, his name is Mackerel.

Now have some Rosie, since we're talking about Chonky Cats.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ask me how I caught someone literally pants down in the office.

Do tell :v:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
How do you keep a sheep from running away?

stick it’s back legs in your gumboots

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
These two are litter mates but I guess only one got the chonk gene.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

No chonks here, just good boys and floofy long bois

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Oh hey fresh month fresh thread.

I have no children or pets. I have lovely robots instead.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I've been dealing with poison ivy for a week but it's nothing compared to this loving mosquito bite I got on my hand OH MY GOD gently caress THOSE LITTLE BLOODSUCKERS.

Elviscat posted:

Look at my GF's new kitten, his name is Mackerel.

Little Mac is perfect.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Well, it's the 183rd day of March here and I'm to exhausted to function.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeaaaaaah I'm with y

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Liquid Communism posted:

Same but also the battery in the Honcho just pulled its second miraculous recovery from total death so I'm naming it zombie Jesus and did burnouts on the taxiway :krad:

Really glad because I can't particularly afford yet another battery right now, but I'm gonna have to carry jump cables and my half dead battery I use for jumping shitboxes now...

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

I got a couple of dogs while I was away from the forums.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well, almost-september is off to a rough start. A friend that I considered close enough to be a family member (who even shares not only my mother's name, but the most uncommon version of it) was admitted to the ICU last night. Got a phone call as I was pulling into the parking lot at work letting me know she died a couple of hours ago.

Right now, the family is being told it was "rapid onset pneumonia, sepsis, and ended up on a ventilator". Hit me hard enough that I turned around and came back home. I'm heading up to Dallas in a bit

Wait how did you get my cat? He's sitting right here damnit!

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Urine is great for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia. People only get swabbed when the person ordering the test either doesn't know better or is being vindictive.

They also wanted a swab of the arse and throat, since, you know, there's been :flaccid: up in there. :v: All self-administered, because of COVID. I think the self-administered part is what made it worse, even though I did my own, uh, piercing in the same general area ages ago.

Everything came back negative, as it should, but I'd never had the full workup done before. It was all free too. It was a "ah, what the hell, I'm already here, been over 2 years since my last HIV test" moment when I picked up my pride week flag at the clinic.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lookit this fuckin mop

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

STR posted:

Everything came back negative, as it should, but I'd never had the full workup done before. It was all free too. It was a "ah, what the hell, I'm already here, been over 2 years since my last HIV test" moment when I picked up my pride week flag at the clinic.

For whatever reason this made me think of a classic car collector boomer type guy who gets a blackstone oil analysis done on each car every year but hasn't had a wellness exam in 5 years.

Edit: poo poo I'm not saying you are that guy. It was more a thought about how regular checkups are like preventative maintenance. :420:

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 1, 2020

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

From the last thread:

the spyder posted:

Since we're on the topic of houses, anyone have a recommendation on where to buy blinds/shades? I checked out a few generic sites and was looking at $50/window for the smaller windows in our house and $100+ for the larger. Kinda painful with 6 large and 20 smaller windows. Last I remember looking it was 1/2 this.

Motherfuckin' Costco.com or .ca, wherevs. Great pricing, especially when on promo and all custom sized, no fuss.

E: Here's cat tax when Cooper and Ginger were wee... about 13 years ago now.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

Same but also the battery in the Honcho just pulled its second miraculous recovery from total death so I'm naming it zombie Jesus and did burnouts on the taxiway :krad:

Really glad because I can't particularly afford yet another battery right now, but I'm gonna have to carry jump cables and my half dead battery I use for jumping shitboxes now...

haha fuckyesssss always do burnouts. That truck is like the highlight of this year

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 1, 2020

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

STR posted:

Well, almost-september is off to a rough start. A friend that I considered close enough to be a family member (who even shares not only my mother's name, but the most uncommon version of it) was admitted to the ICU last night. Got a phone call as I was pulling into the parking lot at work letting me know she died a couple of hours ago.

Right now, the family is being told it was "rapid onset pneumonia, sepsis, and ended up on a ventilator". Hit me hard enough that I turned around and came back home. I'm heading up to Dallas in a bit

Wait how did you get my cat? He's sitting right here damnit!

Sorry bud that's awful.
I just lost a friend as well. Motorcycle buddy. He was a good guy.
PM me your paypal/venmo/cashapp and I'll send you some lunch money so you can get some food delivered while you're visiting.

That cat is actually my Aunt's. She lives in Dallas so it very well could be related to yours if not actually yours. The picture was taken like 5 years ago.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah definitely not mine, I've had him over 5 years. Relation slightly possible, but unlikely for reasons I'd rather not go into here (if rear end in a top hat Casserole swings by, she's welcome to describe his story though).

And no need to do that. I'll be staying with my mom, I always gain 5 pounds when I stay there. Thank you though.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Is there anything more trivial and maddening than a wireless connection just flaky enough to troll you every single time you try to do anything, but just functional enough that you still try to use it?

Good Christ. I'm about to shotput this phone into low Earth orbit. Literally every time I try to Google something instead of dicking around on Facebook it trips on its own rear end in a top hat.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

goatse guy posted:

I got a couple of dogs while I was away from the forums.

Those are some real nice dogs you got there.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

kastein posted:

Is there anything more trivial and maddening than a wireless connection just flaky enough to troll you every single time you try to do anything, but just functional enough that you still try to use it?

Good Christ. I'm about to shotput this phone into low Earth orbit. Literally every time I try to Google something instead of dicking around on Facebook it trips on its own rear end in a top hat.

Same thing only cell service. For some reason it's flakier than my shortcrust pastry in the building at work.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Hey nerd I am driving this time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kastein posted:

Mine does that only when I actually need it, away from home and need to google something quick, NOPE gently caress you!

Works great at home when i don't need it tho :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

Same thing only cell service. For some reason it's flakier than my shortcrust pastry in the building at work.

Bonus mine was doing it with both WiFi and cell at the same time. I get 1 bar of 4g in this hangar in one spot and the WiFi is flaky as gently caress for other reasons. It's loving great. It took me like 2 hours to get some basic research done on rockauto.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The new Bill and Ted movie apparently is actually pretty good? Well poo poo 2020 has some redeeming value after all.

It was! And also a welcome bit of happy silliness in this most distressing of years.

I has no cat, only this old man:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's amazing how critters make things better

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

So Sunday I adjusted the TPS on Dave using my laptop and figured out it was reading 0% for the first like 10% of throttle input. It had been doing this really annoying thing that I think was overrun fuel cut at low throttle steady speeds. Makes sense since it thought I was off the gas. Adjusted it so it's perfect now and it runs a million times better, doesn't feel like I'm driving with the ebrake on all the time, way peppier. Just have to put the new steering rack in and I'll be caught up on stuff.

Just now

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

God drat the movers know their poo poo. Two guys, got here at 8:00 sharp, had my entire pod packed in 70 minutes flat. Edit: I should add, I tipped them $20 each, because the company charges $75 an hour for them, I'm sure they don't get even half that themselves. And they drive their own cars there.

I have to pack everything on the shelves in to boxes, I got lazy last night. The boxes and buckets on the left are empty. Also I stood the axle up to see if it leaks, and it doesn't. So I'll put that in standing up. Then the shelves break down pretty compact. I'll probably scrap out the white one, it's cheap junk.

I thought it wouldn't fit, but it did, floor to loving ceiling all the way in. I'll have to rearrange the loose things, I have about 3 feet of depth left for the remains of the garage which should fit in one or two stacks of boxes. There's also some scrap wood that I was going to keep but there's nowhere for it to fit now.

It's really packed in there. I'm sure I'm going to lose at least 3% of my possessions to shifting and squishing. Here's hoping my TV doesn't make it! (I kinda want a new TV).

Now I'm going to blow up my air bed and take a nap, I slept like poo poo last night in anticipation of the movers. Then after lunch I'll pack the rest and call them for pickup.

Tomorrow I scrap out the last of the car parts and anything else that doesn't fit in the pod, and clean while the new furnace is installed. Thursday I'll schedule a walk through and go sign my closing documents, then pack the car. Friday morning I leave Denver for good.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 1, 2020

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

LloydDobler posted:

Friday morning I leave Denver for good.

Big changes. I'm excited for you. Rock on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

kastein posted:

I have my wifi set up to just be strong enough that it works in my bedroom (pretty far from my router). However, my goddamn phone keeps latching onto it when I leave. My car is parked just far away enough that my phone thinks it has wifi, but it actually doesn't. So if I want to stream music or do google maps, I have two choices.
1. Turn off wifi. I will then forget to turn it on when I return.
2. Drive a few feet away until it disconnects and then do it.

edit: Good movers are loving masters of space. I bet they're good at tetris.