Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The simp squad will simply have to wait their turn

Notable September 2020 Releases:

Hitman [Stadia] – September 1
Hitman 2 [Stadia] – September 1

Spelunky 2 [PS4] – September 15

Baldur's Gate 3 [PC, Stadia] – September 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
big rear end bowsette

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
also Jay Rust congrats on your nuptials

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I don't understand why I can't send my horny energy to pizza, because let's be honest, it's what I'm horny for

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
oh no the thread now shares an icon with another thread in my bookmarks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thread title accurate because I am going to be playing Crusader Kings III on Gamepass tomorrow!

TJ Hafer of Three Moves Ahead gave it a 10/10 for the review on IGN

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bowsette will never be over.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntediluvianObservantGooseKappaClaus

It's still August in 75% of God's country if were gonna jump the gun why not do it for new zealand time?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am not sure if I can join the CK3 discord because my custom status is my avatar here and their rules include "no politics"

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

september, aka summer jr

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I said come in! posted:

May 8, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am not sure if I can join the CK3 discord because my custom status is my avatar here and their rules include "no politics"

lmao incredible

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

quoting this post to properly castigate it

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I'm actually trying really hard to engage with it as a text so to speak and not a Skinner box but that's fine if you don't want to do that, it seems to fulfill both functions pretty well tbh
if you think the text of a game doesn't extend to its mechanics you severely dont understand video games

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Booky posted:

september, aka summer jr

Lil Summer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am watching Aerith's voice actor about to beat FF7 Remake...

Still easily one of the best games of the year

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't stop playing Gundam Maxiboost help

I'm actually gitting gud at it

I said come in! posted:

So long as there is one sad, lonely, pathetic, miserable, horny nerd on the internet, Bowsette will live on

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

oh no the thread now shares an icon with another thread in my bookmarks

does every thread you have bookmarked have a unique icon?

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

I started playing Heaven's Vault on the thread's suggestion and I can't really tell if I should continue. The core idea of solving ancient mysteries by puzzling out a language appeals to me, but every aspect of the game outside of that feels like it was designed and programmed by people who have never played a video game. Walking around is both incredibly frustrating and painfully slow, and there seem to be missable puzzle elements hidden in some dead ends (but not others) or the environments. Dialog is for some reason controlled with Q, R, and the number keys, and text is all over the place instead of using the functional interfaces for reading conversations that VNs and Western RPGs have had for years. Sailing is just meh, in that it wastes time but doesn't seem offensively bad.

People who liked the game, is this worth powering through for what comes later or should I just return it and play something else?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

mapgames are like the only form of horseshoe theory i believe in because everyone who gets super into them is either a staunch theory-reading leftist or a fascist who wants to restore the monarchy

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am watching Aerith's voice actor about to beat FF7 Remake...

Still easily one of the best games of the year

I wanna play this game still, very excited for when it eventually becomes 20$ in the next few months

Games I'm looking forward to this month: 13 Sentinels and Genshin Impact. Both in the last four days of the month.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TA Metis posted:

does every thread you have bookmarked have a unique icon?

it's surprisingly close

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Actually I checked and the workers at Paradox are already unionized?

I'm gonna roll the dice

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Bring it on, bitch." -- Cloud, FF7 Remake (2020)

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

Microcline posted:

People who liked the game, is this worth powering through for what comes later or should I just return it and play something else?

There's some cool stuff in there and I enjoyed it but it doesn't ever stop being what it is. Your character's an rear end in a top hat and a robophobe, nobody has legs, everything's a mite too slow, inventory management suuuucks. But there is actual plot and ancient mysteries, including the eponymous vault; if you're just looking for reassurance that there's actually something there, there is. It's not all reading inscriptions off of shovel handles.

But if you're not at least slightly charmed by the jank I wouldn't keep going. Fwiw they come by "never made a video game" honestly, Inkle are IF/CYOA folks and their reach exceeded their grasp a little on this one. Better that than the opposite, imo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

So long as there is one sad, lonely, pathetic, miserable, horny nerd on the internet, Bowsette will live on

right here :hai:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I wanna play this game still, very excited for when it eventually becomes 20$ in the next few months

Games I'm looking forward to this month: 13 Sentinels and Genshin Impact. Both in the last four days of the month.

Looking forward to Genshin Impact, and the remaster of Kingdom of Amular.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Voted "I don't get horny", except it's the truth, because I stay horny :wiggle:

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

Microcline posted:

I started playing Heaven's Vault on the thread's suggestion and I can't really tell if I should continue. The core idea of solving ancient mysteries by puzzling out a language appeals to me, but every aspect of the game outside of that feels like it was designed and programmed by people who have never played a video game. Walking around is both incredibly frustrating and painfully slow, and there seem to be missable puzzle elements hidden in some dead ends (but not others) or the environments. Dialog is for some reason controlled with Q, R, and the number keys, and text is all over the place instead of using the functional interfaces for reading conversations that VNs and Western RPGs have had for years. Sailing is just meh, in that it wastes time but doesn't seem offensively bad.

It is a decidedly odd game, because it is entirely a story/puzzle/adventure game, but it is also completely open and you can do things in any order and there is a ton of stuff you can entirely bypass or just never even find and still complete the game with an understanding of the story.

I found it completely fascinating as a concept, the way the story can unfold in a hundred ways it feels like this huge branching thing that I was free to crack open in whatever random ways I decided to, align myself with whatever characters I wanted to etc. It felt so much more freeform than any other adventure game I'd ever played, which was strange and a little hard to get used to.

I played on PS4 where the controls were fine (if I remember right, the face buttons were used for dialog responses) so maybe plug a controller in and see if that helps.

Walk speed and the meandering way the space-boat drives (actually on ps4 the boat was controlled with the analog triggers; that probably hasn't translated to mouse/keyboard in a particularly smooth fashion so really might be worth plugging in a controller with triggers) are both kinda built around forcing you to just relax into this weird world and immerse yourself in it and kinda go with the flow and feel out where the story takes you -- though I think they did patch in a "just loving go there" button for places you've already managed to navigate to.

I don't think there's even a way to see "everything" in a single playthrough, there are choices you make that will entirely block off paths and branches while unlocking others.

If you can relax into that, it's definitely worth persisting. If your entire body is rejecting the idea of not being able to min-max and see everything you probably won't enjoy your time with it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It sounds like Heaven's Vault is a Strand Game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Voted "I don't get horny", except it's the truth, because I stay horny :wiggle:

That's my secret cap

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Baldur’s gate is this month?!

Also looking forward to playing Tony Hawk again but waiting to see if they somehow mess it up yet again

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Baldur’s gate is this month?!

Also looking forward to playing Tony Hawk again but waiting to see if they somehow mess it up yet again

Its just the first chapter of bg3 afaik. They did the same thing for dos2

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Nothing makes me more confident about a game like releasing it piecemeal over time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hello

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It worked for Hitman

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Paradox released 13 expansion packs for Crusader Kings II

FirstAidKite