Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ha. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
New Vegas 2 is now a possibility

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

They bought it for a looooooot money

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

That's a big acquisition 0_0

Game Pass is going to get a little cooler

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Are you ready for some timed exclusives kids?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

wild

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
:(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A team of crack scientists working late nights trying to find a way to make me care less about Bethesda just had a huge breakthrough.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

microsoft should pay me $7.5 billion

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Infinitum posted:

Are you ready for some timed exclusives kids?

Timed exclusives? I think you mean outright exclusives.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

sharrrk posted:

microsoft should pay me $7.5 billion

Will you give me a good Fallout game?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah, MS is absolutely committed to just buying the entire third party market since they know they can't compete on the first party front.

Itll probably hurt Bethesda in the long run but fine I guess. As long as Doom and TES6 are still on Steam.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If Disney buys Microsoft we can finally have the Simpsons visit Morrowind :D

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

stev posted:

Yeah, MS is absolutely committed to just buying the entire third party market since they know they can't compete on the first party front.

Itll probably hurt Bethesda in the long run but fine I guess. As long as Doom and TES6 are still on Steam.

I mean, buying everything is how you compete on the first party front.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

stev posted:

What do you think first party studios are besides third parties that got bought.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

Will you give me a good Fallout game?

i would give you $1 million

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

exquisite tea posted:

What do you think first party studios are besides third parties that got bought.

Yeah, I meant their existing first party offering was nonexistent before they started doing this.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sharrrk posted:

i would give you $1 million

Ain't that a kick in the head

Weedle
May 31, 2006

fallout new vegas 2 coming exclusively to xbox series

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

They bought it for a looooooot money

healthcare pls

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Microsoft's previous way of doing things was to let them finish out multiplatform games that were already announced. Kind of wonder if you do that with like Starfield.

Also funny that they got Obsidian to do I Can't Believe It's Not Elder Scrolls.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wow. well, RIP Bethesda, not that I cared much about them other than Doom. I wonder what'll happen to the rights to that series once Xbox crushes it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

gently caress me I gotta own the Doom Box

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Microsoft's previous way of doing things was to let them finish out multiplatform games that were already announced. Kind of wonder if you do that with like Starfield.

Ghostwire and Deathloop are still timed PS5 console exclusives as far as we know, lol

I wouldn’t expect to see Starfield on PS5 anymore but who knows

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The two existing PS5 timed exclusives will come out as they are because those deals were signed. Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 have technically not been confirmed for any specific systems yet, so that's free for them to make exclusive.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

id being owned by microsoft loving sucks

it will likely have ramifications on idTech

bethesda was also like the one huge third party that gave nintendo constant support and now that's gone lol

Weedle
May 31, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dVAhFYjp9c

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

bethesda was also like the one huge third party that gave nintendo constant support and now that's gone lol

so far only one of the games they've put on switch has been good so it's not a huge loss imo. if they'd ever ported dishonored or new vegas maybe i'd give a poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The 7th Guest posted:

I mean, Microsoft has a good relationship with Nintendo too, they've released Minecraft and Ori on the Switch.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

What a way to start the week, holy poo poo.

Interested to see how this shakes out long term with potential platform exclusivity for future DOOM/Elder Scrolls/Fallout games. Will all of the Bethesda games be on Game Pass now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No Elder Scrolls VI on PlayStation 5 is going to be a pretty massive blow to Sony.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CottonWolf posted:

Timed exclusives? I think you mean outright exclusives.

I can't imagine they would do that unless they want to lose a ton of money. Besides something like Halo, most of the 360 exclusives sold like poo poo. And they basically had console parity in that generation.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Like with most Xbox exclusivity stuff, this probably won't have any affect on you if you have a gaming PC, because "Xbox exclusive" really means "Xbox and Windows exclusive" these days.

I wonder if Bethesda games will be on the PC Game Pass, too. That'd be kinda cool.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I can't imagine they would do that unless they want to lose a ton of money.
they definitely will, obsidian's new game Grounded is Xbox/PC only

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Harrow posted:

Like with most Xbox exclusivity stuff, this probably won't have any affect on you if you have a gaming PC, because "Xbox exclusive" really means "Xbox and Windows exclusive" these days.

I wonder if Bethesda games will be on the PC Game Pass, too. That'd be kinda cool.

They said they would in the announcement article.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
If microsoft buying bethesda means i'll get to play a Prey 2 or New Vegas 2 i'll be okay with the deal.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

They said they would in the announcement article.

Some day I will learn how to read

Anyway, cool!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

The 7th Guest posted:

they definitely will, obsidian's new game Grounded is Xbox/PC only
New franchises are likely to be MS-exclusive but it's a different story from long-established cross-platform franchises becoming suddenly exclusive. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't assume it based on Grounded or Avowed being MS-exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This makes Deathloop's PS5 console exclusivity kinda awkward but I'm sure it's not the first time something like that has happened