Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

minecraft has become infinitely better since notch left and nothing blow has written is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

victrix posted:

Yay Game Pass!

Friend downloads game, I have game on Steam, let's play!

lol no

Ok, fine, delete Steam version, I'll download the Game Pass version, let's play!

lol download the new Xbox app!

Ok, fine, let's play!

lol friend doesn't show online, inviting does nothing

Ok, fine, how about friend, you just buy the loving game on Steam and let's pretend this last hour of waste never happened, and Microsoft, why are you so dumb

This is sea of thieves isn’t it?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am glad that Zach Barth has found a generally decent level of success but lol drat that Minecraft money is exponentially greater

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am glad that Zach Barth has found a generally decent level of success but lol drat that Minecraft money is exponentially greater

I don’t think money is his main motivator since he got a cushy job at Valve, then left that job after some time

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Stux posted:

minecraft has become infinitely better since notch left and nothing blow has written is good

Yeah that’s why I don’t trust them to tell me what games are worth playing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

infiniminer was never going to be as big as minecraft anyway, it was a completely different kind of game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How close am I to the end of the game in PoE2 if Eothas is heading to Ukaizo? Am I like, one major quest away, or is there another major plot beat after Ukaizo?

If it's the former I think I'll take my time and try to get to Ukaizo on my own terms, but if it's the latter I'll just take the first navy that'll get me there cause I'm getting kind of burned out

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

but yoko taro writes good games so should be trusted and not compared, to those two!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dauntless's escalation is a nice twist up on the formula and the finally did the smart thing of reusing existing Behemoths and giving them dramatic visual changes and tweaked moves to make them fit different elements. Its weird its taken them so long to do that and that you can't fight them or the escalation boss monsters outside of escalation but hey, improvements.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If the Coen bros, my fave film directors/writers, said “hey check out this other person’s movie, it’s something special”, I’d still say, “Maybe eventually but I certainly won’t preorder it based on your rec alone, Coen bros, I love your films but you also recommended that animal crossing mobile game, I think? I might be misremembering”

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
caught Eggs Benedict, the Official Cat of the Games Chat Thread napping

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Olivia Jaimes has the chat thread's number

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1307916244436299776

Relax Or DIE posted:

:cabot:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Relax Or DIE posted:

Holy gently caress that's a good catte.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

ymgve posted:

I don’t think money is his main motivator since he got a cushy job at Valve, then left that job after some time

Dunno if you've seen those big Valve leaks a few years back, but Valve jobs are anything but cushy unless you're, say, Gabe's best pal. Instead the "management-less" management style just makes it hell because you've gotta figure out who the shadow cabal of invisible managers currently is before you get on their bad side, like a company-wide permanent live action game of Among Us where your employment's on the line. On top of that they periodically hire Cool Devs, people who are liked by twitter and suchlike because they've made cool stuff, who can then tweet that they've been hired by Valve so Valve get Cool Cred, then can quietly leave less than a year later to focus on their own projects but it really is because it was a media op and they never were a fit for Valve's weirdo illuminati cutthroat bullshit in the first place, they were just there to be Cool, so Zach could've been one of those.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Working in the game industry isn't cushy at all, unless you're in a top leadership position. The vast majority of game studios are located in some of the most expensive to live cities, and their wages do not reflect that at all, not even close. Veteran Blizzard employees in coding, and art positions just a few months back, were talking about how they live out of their cars, and the only time they get a meal is when free food is offered at work.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Was it Blizzard where one of the things was "Free oatmeal breakfasts" and workers were ecstatic about what was basically workhouse gruel

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

oatmeal is good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Was it Blizzard where one of the things was "Free oatmeal breakfasts" and workers were ecstatic about what was basically workhouse gruel

Yep! They get free oatmeal, and coffee. There is a cafeteria, but employees were saying its too expensive, that they couldn't afford it. Blizzards two neighboring competitors, Amazon Games, and Riot, pay $10,000 - $15,000 more for the same positions. Blizzard HR tells employees that the lower pay is worth it for the prestige and reputation of working for them.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I just had a bowl of oatmeal, truly living the life of luxury here.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
offering free food, especially cooked meals, will always generate more goodwill than the money it cost to obtain and prepare it.

people love food

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'd be really happy if my workplace started offering free oatmeal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I also enjoy oatmeal but lumping it in with "cooked meals" feels like a bit of stretch, even pizza as the generic "big group free food" item is a bigger deal

But also lol now I'm making some oatmeal

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have a colonoscopy in 9 hours, so I can't even eat oatmeal right now. Not only is my posting full of diarrhea, but now my rear end is too!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I said come in! posted:

Blizzard HR tells employees that the lower pay is worth it for the prestige and reputation of working for them.

every single time in the history of labor that someone has said "yeah I know I'm not paying you enough but you're gonna make it up in [experience/prestige/a resume builder/character/whatever]" is bullshit

if you have more money than everyone else, you should be paying people more than everyone else.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oatmeal pics: the new pizza pic?

I said come in! posted:

I have a colonoscopy in 9 hours, so I can't even eat oatmeal right now. Not only is my posting full of diarrhea, but now my rear end is too!

Good luck!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I said come in! posted:

Yep! They get free oatmeal, and coffee. There is a cafeteria, but employees were saying its too expensive, that they couldn't afford it. Blizzards two neighboring competitors, Amazon Games, and Riot, pay $10,000 - $15,000 more for the same positions. Blizzard HR tells employees that the lower pay is worth it for the prestige and reputation of working for them.

It's no wonder Blizzard games turned to poo poo with this loving company culture.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

every single time in the history of labor that someone has said "yeah I know I'm not paying you enough but you're gonna make it up in [experience/prestige/a resume builder/character/whatever]" is bullshit

if you have more money than everyone else, you should be paying people more than everyone else.

Pretty much yeah. Minimum wage for the whole country should be $22.50 to account for inflation, but the real minimum wage needs to be based on the city the employee works in, and has to be high enough that 30% of their income would pay for the average cost of a 2 bedroom house in that city. But honestly there is so much wealth in the U.S. now that housing can just straight up be free for every single adult living here, and there's no reason why this can't happen other than pure evil greed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Healbot posted:

It's no wonder Blizzard games turned to poo poo with this loving company culture.

Blizzard doesn't exist anymore, its just Activision in-house studio B now.

There's virtually nobody left from the old guard. Morhaime quit when he realized the buyout meant being Activision's bitch. Now J Allen Brack has to try to pretend like doing Activision's evil is somehow his idea and not a totally bad thing, but its just pantomime.

Most of the OG devs had left long before then even.

WoW's success saw the company's employees expanding 10-fold, which basically obliterated their culture.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 21, 2020

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

You'll want to get that poo poo out of there before the colonoscopy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
in PoE2, if you ally with the pirate faction, you get to commandeer a ghost ship and sail it to the setting's equivalent of atlantis

you go there no matter who you ally with but most of the time you don't go there in a ghost ship

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fired up Mercenaries Saga 3 and it reminded me that 3 relatively mediocre srpg titles with broken difficulty curves and bizarre design decisions are still monumentally more fun to me than Final Fantasy Tactics.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

cheetah7071 posted:

in PoE2, if you ally with the pirate faction, you get to commandeer a ghost ship and sail it to the setting's equivalent of atlantis

you go there no matter who you ally with but most of the time you don't go there in a ghost ship

You can also ally with no-one and go there in your super upgraded ship while giving every other faction the finger and utterly tearing apart the Deadfire. 10/10 game.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

You can also ally with no-one and go there in your super upgraded ship while giving every other faction the finger and utterly tearing apart the Deadfire. 10/10 game.

I have this, Tyranny and Divinity OS2 all in the backlog, which one is worth playing first?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Convex posted:

I have this, Tyranny and Divinity OS2 all in the backlog, which one is worth playing first?

I think Deadfire is my favourite of the three, though I enjoyed all of them. They all scratch different itches though. OS2 is really a series of combat puzzles which can be solved in really imaginative ways using the mechanics, the story did nothing for me. Tyranny has a cool setting - be magic bronze age Judge Dredd, but in many ways feels a bit rushed, and the cooldown based RTWP didn't do much for me. Deadfire has a great story (though the cool stuff is mainly in the side quests rather than the pretty short main quest), cool tropical environments and the best implementation of the RTWP combat I've ever come across.

So yeah tldr: OS2 for combat puzzles, Tyranny for bronze age law schenanigans, Deadfire for a well rounded RPG that ticks all the traditional boxes.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

I think Deadfire is my favourite of the three, though I enjoyed all of them. They all scratch different itches though. OS2 is really a series of combat puzzles which can be solved in really imaginative ways using the mechanics, the story did nothing for me. Tyranny has a cool setting - be magic bronze age Judge Dredd, but in many ways feels a bit rushed, and the cooldown based RTWP didn't do much for me. Deadfire has a great story (though the cool stuff is mainly in the side quests rather than the pretty short main quest), cool tropical environments and the best implementation of the RTWP combat I've ever come across.

So yeah tldr: OS2 for combat puzzles, Tyranny for bronze age law schenanigans, Deadfire for a well rounded RPG that ticks all the traditional boxes.

Oh great, thanks for the advice! I like the sound of Tyranny from that so will prob go for that one first (partly as I hear it's relatively short) then POE2 :)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dos2 owns

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You'd have to nail me to my desk to get me to eat a meal where I work.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Good morning this thread has convinced my workplace (home) to offer me free oatmeal for breakfast this morning. Truly I am blessed to have such a good office manager (me).

Stay tuned for more WFH japes and jabs.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Get yourself a rice cooker that also does oatmeal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1308028874962337793?s=20

Uuuuh Microsoft bought Bethesda