Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thanks to gamepass Ill pretend like Im considering finishing Resident Evil 7 this month I wont ever play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Convex posted:

You should, it's great. Does it have the DLC? If so play End of Zoe, it's the greatest DLC ever made

I got out of the house and realized I wasn't having any fun and that I wouldn't suddenly begin to have fun if I kept playing, so Im not buying DLC for it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, a Batman actor who knows what its like to experience devastating loss as a child.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gamepass is a good deal if you are ok with the Netflix concept of not owning the games but having access to tons of stuff. On PC even assuming you are paying full price its 5 bucks a month to have access to hundreds of games and unlike PSNow or gametaps of yore they are both local to your machine and it gets games like CK3 or Spiritfarer at launch.

Gamepass is, unironically, my favorite development of gaming this console generation and it forced PSNow to improve its offering dramatically.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I enjoyed Crackdown 3 and would play a Crackdown 4.

Crackdown 3 is not a very good game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Avengers is absolutely going to sell a ridiculous amount of copies and anybody thinking otherwise is a precious gem worth protecting

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you'd like marvel fighting games without tag mechanics might I recommend all time classics such as Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its also the game Capcom lifted their terrible infinity gems mechanic for Marvel Versus Capcom Infinite

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is an Imperfect

A character that a marvel artist recently drew in a comic but since he just googled the character name and drew based on the first results he got to have a bowel twisting panic moment before being told the rights to the imperfects had reverted to Marvel and not stayed with EA

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Was the Mario Kart Home Tour an actual announcement? Because they had those toys out at Bic Camera for a bit now and I can't fathom who wants that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The X series is basically a straight linear decline to X6 and X7 which are both equally vile games but for different reasons. X8 is an uptick in quality but still bad.

Heres hoping X9 will reboot the franchise with quality, someday

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its arguably worse than that because the entire quest is two areas where you master the same move (there is absolutely no other narrative to speak of) leading you to think "ok, this move is important" but then you finally meet Lan Di at the end and he chumps you and leaves so everything you did was a waste if time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Touhou Luna Nights is for me, the person who Resident Evil 7 derailed all interest in the franchise but will play any metroidvania unquestioningly

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Touhou Luna Nights refers to "retries" as "retlies" and I don't know if Im missing some esoteric in-joke or what.

Game is good so far and now Im very interested in future Ladybug titles

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait the double decker taco is no more? What even is the menu at Taco Bell now?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Convex posted:

Wait you didn't play RE2 2019? You need to fix that asap, game of the decade imo

Oh no I bought and played that launch day. I more meant going forward with new titles.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

Why? Just kinda curious, I thought it was a pretty solid new direction to take the series in.

The first person didn't really work for me, the enemy options were bad, the combat unsatisfying in a poor feedback kind of way, and the VHS tapes were basically unskippable cutscenes. This all could have been forgiven but the second the cat and mouse with Jack happened I immediately lost interest in the game and then when I got the second family member and saw there would be more I just quit never to go back.

Also it features a basement in Louisiana so all the points it earns for accurate local potato chip bags is right out the window.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beat Touhou Luna Nights 100% map, all items in about 6-7 hours? The last two bosses are super rude, and I have some QoL issues, but for a budget as hell sprite game not gonna get mad.

Homing shot is disgustingly broken

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not a Children posted:

They called the good guy Sol Badguy

Because I don't pay attention to story in games much less fighting games it wasn't until XRD came out that I realized he wasn't in fact, a main story villain.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

Does a metroidvania thread exist on these here forums of ours?

You can make it, but you have to defeat people who want to call them Metroidlikes or Exploration Platformers first in order to get the thread post power

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Somebody is trying to make "Keyring Platformer" happen and that person is wronger than Sakamoto's vision for Metroid: Other M

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poor "Legacy of the Wizard", not good enough to get the genre name nod despite releasing first.

To be honest, its actually kind of interesting how July and October of 1987 four major Metroidvanias released, with Metroid and Castlevania 2 releasing within 3 weeks of each other.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OhFunny posted:

Castlevania II isn't a Metroidvania. Only the Castlevanias from Symphony of the Night forward are.

Im curious how you define them because to me it totally is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stux posted:

then you are the single person this planet of earth who thinks that

Won't be the first or last time Im wrong and stubborn about it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been consistently saying this and treated like a kook by people who reply with things like "no you see gear with stats is key to the metroidvania formula" [citation needed]

Metroid: Federation Force and Metroid: Pinball I'd not put in the Metroidvania bucket

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK I guess I don't care about side games, my key argument is "Everything in the so-called Metroidvania formula is contained in Metroid [main series sure] and the vania is redundant"

Thats fair-ish, given you don't need shops, npcs, useable items, equipment, leveling, etc.

However, I don't really like the Metroid games and do like Castlevania games because of the difference of their design in how those are expressed. I judge metroidvanias by where they fall on the metroid to castlevania continuum and the closer to Castlevania the better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dreamless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41r_eUToltg

Also I'm enjoying Touhou Luna Nights; the recycling minigame is super cute.

The last one is something I am so, so happy I nailed on the first attempt.

Something I really like about Tohou Luna Nights is the item screen tells you which section of the game you are missing powerups from. Something I don't like is that money is so so so so so so much more valuable in your inventory than ever actually spending it that its ridiculous.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dark Mode hurts the poo poo out of my eyes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The upcoming game Core Decay is an attempt at an 0451, trailer looks interesting, the genre is just small with a stupid devoted audience.

I enjoyed Prey the shooter much much more than Prey the 0451 and was unhappy I wasn't getting a sequel to that

Barudak
May 7, 2007

stev posted:

Name and shame.

System Shock 2

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Journey to the Savage Planet was really really good and I was all set to buy a sequel and then Stadia lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Journey to the Savage Planet would be infinitely better without the unfunny "isn't capitalism just the worst? wah wah" humor. In fact, there's been a rash of games taking that tone lately and the problem is none of them are funny because you can't actually out-exaggerate the grotesque nature of capitalism at this point.

I think the commercials (with one DLC exception) are executed poorly and they're a chore to even listen to. The reveal that your CEO isn't evil beyond being a capitalist was really good; the game gives you a feeling he has a secret agenda but nope, he just wants to make more money and exploit you, absolutely no need for anything beyond that to paint him as hateable sack of poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you like 0451 games you should check out Spoon River Anthology which is a really interesting book of poetry even if its ultimate theme is "may god see fit to kill me and thus spare me from Ohio"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I love everything about Chip's content except the games he chooses to play for the last like 4 years but Ill stay subscribed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

Its apparently the new version of the digital only Xbox One, so a less powerful XboxX for people who just want a Game Pass machine.

I mostly just approve of there being a truly dumb looking console again.

It is more powerful than the Xbox One X and runs next gen games.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

njsykora posted:

I knew this and didn't actually put it in my post like a dipshit, probably should've said 'successor' to the SAD. Or SAD for this generation. Some next gen SADness.

Apologies, the news comments are chockful of people who don't know this posting baffled why anybody would spend 300 on a last gen console

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hold da phone, aren't they also supposedly releasing another version of the SAD this year, for $299?

What the gently caress is the point of that thing then, if this $299 Series S can already play all the Xbox One games you'd want?

The rumored SAD was listed in targets system as Xbox One S v2 so I think thats what this is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

interesting. unlike any previous console launch.

curious how xbox series... x? ...xbox series* games will look on the s

(*what is the next xbox generation actually called?)

They run at 1080p instead of 4k. Basically the hardware is 1/3rd as powerful targeting a resolution 1/4th the size. Its somewhat clever because it means theoretically their is extra headroom so as late gen squeezes more performance out of the machines and we start seeing game struggle to maintain 4k the Series S will theoretically be able to maintain its 1080p and framerate still.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

For xbox, 1080p in the base model is next gen

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dammit I thought that was a setup for the joke and now you are pulling the football away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I know Im a vanishingly small part of the population but the realization the Mario 35th anniversary is a limited time bundle has taken me from planning to buy it to skipping it.