Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

"Link, Zelda, Ganon, Impa"

I'm an easy mark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Video game consoles aren’t art

:hmmno:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

the GBA SP was also good, though I never owned one

mods

mod

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Gooooood dammit I locked myself out of the good Parasite Eve 2 ending. I'd been exploring very thoroughly but apparently there was a gate you needed to open and if you left the screen it was on you're locked out forever. It wasn't just a "I'll come back later" decision, I never even saw it...

jrpg.txt

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I wish there was a new Ogre Battle game.

Granted

Mobile exclusive with gacha units

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I was all set to grab both new consoles, then Infinite completely face planted, removing any interest I had in getting the xexxbox. And I realized Horizon 2 wasn't a PS5 launch title.

So now I think I'll just (try to) get a 3080 and play Cyberpunk and other PC poo poo this winter.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Stux posted:

why are we here? just to suffer?

have you played the sims

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Just saw a mom pull a cool bike trick

that was me op

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fresh cinnamon rolls from the oven are the food equivalent of a warm blanket on a cold winter day

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Hi BPM is GOTY thanks

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

"well, my nuanced opinion is," I begin as I immediately buy any product labeled 'Final Fantasy'

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

the new strat of aggressively denying the pc release until the pc release is real obnoxious

They have to

Now more than ever with cross play becoming more common, it's increasingly apparent that the console differences are meaningless, so all that matters is games that the other guy doesn't have

Without console exclusives, there'd still be a use case for The Console, generic, given the subsidized price point for a powerful piece of hardware, but otherwise?

What difference does it make which platform I buy FF16 or CoDXXXVII or Destiny 2.1 on?

For me personally it'll just be "it runs faster and looks better on my pc and I can literally play it with any input method"

That's not the case for everyone, but without the month/year/permanent exclusives, I'd really have no reason to even get a PS5 this gen.

I'm still not sure I'll bother with an Xbox, the One was a waste of money.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

With $399 as the cheapest option, no financing plans, a pandemic putting millions out of work and the general public's apathy about whether games are on the pc or not, i don't see the ps5 doing quite as well as the rest of you do, at least in the launch.

It's already sold out everywhere that offered it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Physical is good as an option because world internet bad

but lol@not just deleting poo poo and redownloading 100gb whenever you feel like playing some AAA game

Plus at this point I'm actively missing free (psplus, gamepass, egs) or nearly free (bundle anything) games on the regular and I don't give a poo poo because there are so many games now you could have unlimited freetime until you die and you'll never keep up

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Yay Game Pass!

Friend downloads game, I have game on Steam, let's play!

lol no

Ok, fine, delete Steam version, I'll download the Game Pass version, let's play!

lol download the new Xbox app!

Ok, fine, let's play!

lol friend doesn't show online, inviting does nothing

Ok, fine, how about friend, you just buy the loving game on Steam and let's pretend this last hour of waste never happened, and Microsoft, why are you so dumb

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Serious Sam 4 is in three days and I'm not sure I've seen a single mention of it anywhere

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Correct which is why Sekiro sucks.

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll never play it because of that

MODS

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

the thing is, Sekiro sucks, the terminus of the downward trend of neo-From from making cool, haunting, punishing rpgs into 60$ git gud memes

MOD MODS

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

hatty posted:

Sekiro is the second best FROM game

I see something long-absent in the sunken faces of passersby - a glimmer of hope.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kings Field VR when

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Andrast posted:

you're a loving ninja run past them then

The dark secret of souls games is this works in almost all of them to skip tons of enemies completely safely

Removes a lot of the tension when you realize the flailing booger zombies are too slow to actually harm you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Weedle posted:

it'd be cool if otogi was backwards compatible. i would like to play this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR9hfZnZQc8

I can't remember if it was the first or second that had the most loving infuriating last boss

Also just generally a weird and funky game