Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't stop playing Gundam Maxiboost help

I'm actually gitting gud at it

I said come in! posted:

Bowsette will never be over.

So long as there is one sad, lonely, pathetic, miserable, horny nerd on the internet, Bowsette will live on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

Voted "I don't get horny", except it's the truth, because I stay horny :wiggle:

That's my secret cap

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want to buy Tony Hawk but I'm going to let everyone else do it first, just in case

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

I impulse-bought crusader kings 3

I passed, game passed

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm excited for DUNC

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfHzzy6T9to

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like Interstellar for being the only piece of media in the world to remember that 2010 existed also

Rip 2061. Probably for the best no one remembers 3001 though it's not that good.

Stux posted:

interstellar is really good if you cut out the last 20 minutes

cmon stux

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

They should make movies of the later dune books

I love how batshit they get

My favorite comedic bit in any novel is in God Emperor of Dune, where the titular God Emperor, the several millenia-old man-worm god, gets bored and idly wonders what would happen if he glued a plastic dong somewhere on his wormbutt and someone were to notice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

When I read dune I thought the storytelling was disjointed and timeskipped past all the most interesting parts and that the theme and moral (as I read them, apparently it's not the mainstream read) was repugnant but the environment and setting was cool enough I still finished it

I tried the sequel and was just intensely bored and dropped it a third of the way through

What did you think the theme and moral was

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

i got it before they showed all the inside the black hole stuff, the stuff after with him going back was just so over the top in explaining what happened just leave it, let me do it in my head. dont have to go off making everything explicit it ruins it. be subtle.

*music crescendos*

cmon stux

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Chev posted:

In one of the later books the best emperor ever goes out of his way to make a perfect complacent society so he can then make them fall so the ensuing suffering will make a stronger human race so I think you read that right.

At the end of the first book Paul explicitly says he's gonna make the emperor's secret soldier-making planet a paradise so his army will become worthless. Earlier in the book Thufir Hawat accurately deduces that both Arrakis and Salusa Secundus (the source of the emperor's army) are breeding grounds for the best soldiers because they're hellholes, unintentionally in the first case (although he suggests the baron to make it worse once he discovers it so he can have elite fighters) and intentionally in the second.

No, that's entirely wrong. The Golden Path is to brutally suppress humanity so hard that on the suppressor's death, humanity will explode outward, along with developing tech to hide from its prescience, preventing anything from ever killing it in its entirety. The guilds and bene spend millenia trying to kill him, they're not complacent.

While doing this works, the suppressor is presented as Hitler Satan for it, because he is.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

cmon what the end stuff was really bad, just eyerolling. chris "the bat" nolan yelling "do you get it" at me as i sigh heavily and say yes i get it chris

*extra McConaughishly*

cmon stux

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thinking I'm starting to get to be hot poo poo in Gundam Maxiboost I looked up some videos of Japanese players who've been playing the series for years

I am but a man, Bandai Namco

I can only hit so many buttons in a tenth of a second

Real hurthling! posted:

Gamepass sucks cause in some small way you are paying for a crackdown 4

Way to ruin it for everyone

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 3, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everyone is probably focused on CK3 or Wasteland 3 on Gamepass, maybe RE7 because it is now on there...

But there's also a game called Touhou Luna Nights?

sv, octg

I saw it, I just chose not to install it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DLC Inc posted:

watching some of the videos on Shenmue 3 are loving mindblowing. The entire loop of needing to buy pork buns and wine and play loving gambling games to make progress is INSANE.

That's halfway to a sleeping dogs 2

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Tony Hawk remaster is really good except it really, really wants to read me as ending my combo a half second after I actually did

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 5, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RE7 was a funny experience for the couple hours I went through it but it wasn't really scary at all and kind of clunky and annoying to play. I liked RE6 way more.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Twinkies suck and always have

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

that's because you understood and engaged with the mechanics of the game, instead of just running full speed everywhere and dropping poo poo all over the place

Sounds tedious, gotta go fast

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

Castlevania 2 is just Zelda 2

What a horrible night
for a post.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

What genre are the new Hitman games?

Tactical suit action

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I really enjoyed killing Edgelord in Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Boba Pearl posted:

A key-code found in many Looking Glass and Ion Storm games including System Shock, Thief, System Shock 2, Bioshock, Dishonored, Deus Ex Franchise, and more! Many think it's a reference to Fahrenheit 451, but it was actually the key-code to get into the Looking Glass offices in Cambridge. It has now spread and become one of the defining things in immersive simulation games.

-Warren Spector, Deus Ex creator

You enter 451 at some point in Modern Warfare as a safe combination or something too

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

John Murdoch posted:

Journey to the Savage Planet would be infinitely better without the unfunny "isn't capitalism just the worst? wah wah" humor. In fact, there's been a rash of games taking that tone lately and the problem is none of them are funny because you can't actually out-exaggerate the grotesque nature of capitalism at this point.

Outer Worlds would have been a much better game all around if it wasn't even an option to try and fight the turbocapitalism, since the premise of the world is "everyone's been all-in on this for centuries". It makes no sense there's just an extra colony ship full of anti-capitalists handpicked by the extra capitalist companies to colonize a new star system.

The only time the joke actually works is on the sulfur fart-planet with the rebels consisting solely of middle managers and if you have the business guy make peace with them the rest of the system looks at him like Fidel Castro. He's actually presented as a nice guy who doesn't know better (because how would he) but the extra joke is that his communistic ideals for bettering society is to give people Saturday off.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 7, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

All I know about Jojo is that it has intensely lovely looking designs, dumb poses, and this which is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzq3uoOjmP0

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Most of the Dreamcast games were bad and the few good ones got ported anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot Evolution got ported lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

PSO2 is absolutely nothing like PSO1

Also PSO got ported to PC and Gamecube and I want to say Xbox

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

also a best dreamcast games list without chu chu rocket, at the very least, is lmao.

It's on GBA and mobile

It's good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I said come in! posted:

Add to the list then?

Chu Chu Rocket - Never left Dreamcast

I'm just refuting the person who said all of the good Dreamcast games were ported, which is mostly not true.

It was ported, and I'm still right. Also Space Channel 5 was too, as well as Samba de Amigo and Seaman, googling it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

those are not the same game

The gba one is. I'm p sure there's both a mobile port of the original and Universe is iOS.

e: Power Stone got PSPorted, but that's a fate worse than death

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 9, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Anything that isn't connection based matchmaking is a sin

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol

Half the fun of fall guys is that it's dumb bullshit. Winning doesn't even matter

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My proudest gaming moment was getting a multi-day server-wide argument going over Harry Potter vs. LOTR. The opening shot I made was that the One Ring was an obvious rip off of Harry's invisibility cloak. Days later I said it again, someone realized it was me and tried, and failed, to get people not to listen to ol Dongdo Dongledill and history repeated. Later on I played extremely lovely midi Journey on my flute for Moria. All of Moria. It was instance wide for some reason and the main area was huge. You couldn't disable it separately either at the time; you had to mute the ingame audio to get it to stop.

LOTRO was pretty good.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 10, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm glad I never gave a poo poo about Disgaea

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SeXReX posted:

That phrase isn't supposed to end with "so that means don't ever try to do anything about it"

It was always the implication

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Let's see you fit that around Sonic instead

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Real hurthling! posted:

Meat industry seems untouchable via the market because there are still so many countries to bring the american diet to that no amount of american boycott could compare to like getting everyone in africa to eat 3 bigmacs a day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp_3553sw0Q

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Good Place was good but I feel like season 3 petered out a bit and by 4 it was pretty obvious they couldn't think of anything for half the characters to really do. I liked how the vibe the titular Good Place set off was basically just The Sims, down to it being a torture chamber.

Bortles

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

Is saying some video game character has “kickstarter-backer-face” derogatory?

Well now it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

exquisite tea posted:

The KS backer stories in PoE were some of the most embarrassing things I've ever read.

There are some very embarrassing ones in Battletech