Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

I impulse-bought crusader kings 3

:hmmyes:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Usually Gamepass games won't have the DLC, I assume that is one of the "hooks"

When the first CK3 Expansion is out I will probably end up getting it on Steam but in the meantime, gonna play both that Wasteland 3 for $5 a month

(I am incredibly bad at managing value with subscriptions, I have had TLOU2 since release from Gamefly and I haven't even started it. I ended up paying like $75 to rent, beat, and return Knack 1)

Do you have maybe a 1 sentence review of game pass

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:3:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

david foster master chief's infinite halo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

surprisingly not stickbug

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Inf the thunder cuties tag is very nice

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

Is there a way to keep track of what all the gang tags mean or do you have to absorb them through Organic Forum Lore

the saclopedia for gangs has a bunch of them iirc

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

i have an interest in watching people talk about vtubers but i have no interest in actually watching vtubers

does that qualify as 'let's let's play'

I think that's just called a podcast.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I just like saying Timothée Chalamet

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

you can't say that and not post the joke

i need to know the anti-stux joke for reasons

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

homeless snail posted:

npc walked up to stux and said, "i know this is a wasteland but i didn't expect to find a wasteman", and then his monitor turned on

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

u fucker

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

In CK3 I became King of Ireland, had something like 12 children and had very high intrigue so I ended up assassinating 8 Kings of England in a row.

Good game.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I loved my WiiU and it was responsible for helping me getting back into enjoying gaming and life. That sounds ridiculous I know, but it really was one of several life things that put me in a good mental place. :) I love the WiiU.

:kimchi:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

I spent another 8 hours yesterday assassinating kings of england as now queen of ireland and folks it doesn't stop getting fun. i realize this is a dire tonal whip from vg's post.

edit: in ck3

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Ancient Sumerians knew

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

What are some games where high-level play is unrecognizable to a “casual” player of that game?

FPPOV Starcraft

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

one of these days i will watch jojo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

one of these days i will watch jojo

probably not today though

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/get-ea-play-with-xbox-game-pass-at-no-additional-cost/

great value etc...

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hurricane Laura hosed up the gulf coast of Texas and Louisiana a bit back and some of the weather thread goons wanted to start a donation drive for it. Some other poo poo got in the way, but better late than never.

Here are some of the resources I've been able to dig up. If anyone has others that they think are great tell me and I'll edit them in.

They aren't in that area (mostly) but are national level things that are involved and specialized in this:

https://www.allhandsandhearts.org - All Heands and Hearts. They were founded in the wake of the Indian Ocean tsunami and specialize in supporting communities both immediately after a disaster and the longer term rebuilding. Everything I've found online seems to indicate they're legit as hell, but do your own due diligence.

https://www.directrelief.org - Direct Relief. Was involved big time in Harvey, so it's in the area, and they're getting in on this one. Another well vetted one but again, do your own digging (I'm going to skip this disclaimer for future ones)

https://familypromise.org - Specializes in supporting homeless and low-income families hit by these disasters. Also involved in the Laura afflicted gulf region.

https://www.houstonfoodbank.org - Houston Food Bank. They're getting pallets of food ready to go to support people in the hurricane areas.

As an added bonus, if you post proof of a donation in this thread I'll hook you up with this cool gangtag that an awesome goon in the weather thread made:

Make sure to scrub any PII off of the proof of donation. Could you fake it to get one without paying anything to a worthy cause? Well, yeah, but you'd be a lovely person and I'm gong to assume no one wants a little picture under their av bad enough to literally scam charity.

One final note: if you already have 3 or more gangtags please prioritize and tell me which ones you want to keep, up to 3 normal sized ones. The one we're giving out in this thread is a "normal" sized gang tag. We're just trying to cut down on the clutter of people having a dozen of the things on them.

Link here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939742 if anyone is interested!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Ughhhhh I don't want to play WoW again but look at that fox!!!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

They added a FUCKLOAD of character customisation in Shadowlands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RozrXjo6p0M

The only customization I need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC7oUOUEEi4

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

WotLK had dope music I will fight people

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I've always said they should do War4, and a new WoW expansion at the same time.

Story beats play out in War 4, then are resolved in WoW.
The terrain of WoW would constantly shift based on the outcomes of MILLIONS of campaigns being compiled to show which way the plot should turn.

Designed by committee, except the players are the committee.
Actual agency (Gasp)

Yeah they could have done it really well after the best expansion, WotLK.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:vince:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

New not-Deadspin is finally here: https://defector.com/

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/cableknitjumper/status/1303585860860801024

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I think I would go so far as to say FFXIV has the best music of any video game I've ever played

You say that but it has no tracks on this, very suspect!!!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

folks

https://twitter.com/Borgonzo/status/1301734165570871297

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

How long is Anodyne 2 so I can also opine on it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Anodyne 2 is excellent prepare for a harsh stuxing on this point

I hate to admit this but every time stux has told me that some media or game is good that has been absolutely true and stux was right about it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rinkles posted:

maybe but discussing music meaningfully is harder imo. speaking for my idiot self, it's hard to articulate how and why music makes you feel the way it does. which doesn't mean it can't be done, but i seldom see it in casual conversations.

Eh, it's probably over-simplifying the matter, but talking about music is a skill and if you don't do it, you're not going to get better at it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

theres also a skill to listening to music as well which is weird, you can change how you hear music lol learning to hear music completely deconstructed was so hard at the start but once you pick it up you cant turn it off. i remember struggling with assignments where i had to seperate out all the instruments in a piece and work out what theyre playing and their relationships w each other. now im like neo in the matrix.

In the same vein listening to music with intention and focus is way different than listening to music as background.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

When did REAL music start and when did it end? The scholars can’t seem to agree

start: gregorian chants
ends: that rapscallion Stravinsky ruined music

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

restarting a song bcos i hyperfocused on one instrument and didnt really hear the rest of the track

get out of my head stop it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Not a Children posted:

I grew up amongst audiophiles and I can say with confidence that it largely depends on whether you're listening or want to be observed listening

If you want to impress your fellow money wasters you need to look dead ahead serious with an occasional wave of shock passing over your face

If you're listening alone you close your eyes and passively absorb the warmth of your $2k silver RCA cables while listening to Allison Krauss for the 150th time to observe the impact of the new vibration-isolating solid brass spikes you've mounted everything to while your family slowly goes insane listening to the same loving wailing

I feel attacked for even having a "reference song" now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

After one of my co-workers turned 30 he started saying "have you noticed no one writes good lyrics anymore?" so maybe that's when it ends

lmfao your co-worker is a clown