Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Been enjoying Ghost of Tsushima in a relaxing, time-wasting open world game sorta way- I like the use of visual indicators to guide you around the world if you want to just wander about for a while instead of setting waypoints and beelining directly towards objectives and it almost goes without saying that the game looks gorgeous but I wish they would have dropped a few mechanics to refine either the stealth or the combat a little bit

Maybe it's been too long since I've played a big-budget open world game or something but the amount of selectable poo poo seems to be straining the controller/UI

-The long range/thrown weapons/things that you aim: A bow, A Bigger Bow, Blowgun w/multiple types of ammo, a grenade thingy, two types of distraction/lure items

-Quickfire/non-aimed items: throwing kunai, a smoke bomb, another type of grenade that sticks to enemies when you throw it at them

-Stances: 4 different stances that correspond to the 4 different broad enemy type groups and are more effective at breaking their guard

-A few Special moves that chew up some of your Resolve in a tradeoff for doing some guaranteed big damage to your hapless enemies

-A sorta Devil-Trigger-ey thing you charge up by dispatching enemies without taking damage which allows you to instakill three of them

-A few other assorted moves that are performed from a run or jumping off your horse

Like holy poo poo there's just so much that I find myself forgetting to use it all drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

grieving for Gandalf posted:

GoT rocks but a major criticism I have is that you have too many toys to play with, so many you can trivialize most fights. it seems clear to me that they had planned on doing their typical good path/ bad path stuff but decided against it at some point in development

something I just thought about is that the classes in the multiplayer mode will likely be way more limited, which is great

Yeah I mean there's not a lot there to elevate it above a typical open world game except a shitload of polish on everything- thankfully I really like the coat of paint it has over the bones of the gameplay

The Standoff mechanic is sick as hell though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

"next gen performance"

Is that a bigass air intake? If so I'm impressed- seems like a lot of console designs in the past few years have had like laptop-level squished down airflow/heatsinks in the interest of making them as unobtrusive-looking as possible

might make it less noisy

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really just want consoles to not look like boring futuro-VCRs

Give me.. a like, green pyramid, also on little stilt legs for some reason

the disc tray is on the front so it kinda looks like the Illuminati symbol

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I envy this. My base model PS4 sounds like it's either trying to take off for a transcontinental flight or just plain explode any time I play like Horizon Zero Dawn or Ghost of Tsushima on it.

If I forget to open the door to the little cubby-thing in the TV stand mine lives in it will just start hotboxing itself in there and screaming at me to open the door and get it some fresh air

otherwise the PS4 slim is pretty quiet for me- hear the fan RPMs kick up every once in a while for a few seconds but it's actually not too bad overall

I'm getting "cyber accordion"

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's the gamecube

bold color

pleasing proportions; it is a cube

the extraneous yet playful handle that suggests that you might take it somewhere on a little adventure

the teeny discs!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

the Profane Obelisk

terrifying to those of lesser mental fortitude

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

but is it bigger than the original Edgy Green VCR that was the OG Xbox?

but drat didn't realize how big the PS5 was

I guess it won't matter because I'll be buying the inevitable Slim variant when some exclusives worth playing have built up in a few years

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Just imagining the PS5 opening up the big front flaps even wider and pushing everything else off of your TV stand while the fans spin up like a jet engine

like an animal threat display or something

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Very appropriate nice page number chat

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ah hell yeah Brace and Liz own

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
a 3.5 mm jack but you have to screw it in and then use a separate inline locking ring actuated by a little open-end wrench you carry around

satisfying

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm just glad USB-C is now basically standard

Rest In Piss Micro USB and you too Weird USB 3.0 MicroUSB Thing

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Gonna wait for more reviews on 3000 series cards and all the 3rd party manufacturing stuff to shake out before I even think about this

Figure it'll take a few months

I'm kind of attached to my current very big, very stupid-looking RX 5700XT Thicc III anyway

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

The new Final Fantasy seems alright

First one that's really piqued my interest in a while

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So do I have to buy a PS5 I had to leave work and do something before the stream was done

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Every game except demons souls comes out on PS4 and also all the preorders sold out already so you can safely wait.

Is Demons Souls even a true exclusive or is it timed? Have we entered the true era of PC + Nintendo Box giving you access to everything yet??!?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think this is the least enthused I've ever been for a new console generation and I cannot tell if this is caused by there generally being less to be enthused about each subsequent generation, me getting older and less excitable, or the fact that I have a PC that can Do Game and mostly everything is gonna go to the PC eventually so I don't care

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Fortnite 'aint going away for a while folks

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Playing a bit of Valkyria Chronicles 4 after I bought it on sale on the Switch a while ago and it's good so far- nice to have one on Not-PSP again

weird third-person control SRPG anime WW2

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

I feel like blaming consumers for being attracted to a digital store that
a) offered gobs off games from AAA to indie
b) let you buy them at 3am without interacting with humans
c) evolved to include friends lists, community content and developer-designed trophies
d) in turn obviating physical releases of a large percentage of titles
just because the companies who provided them fostered predatory practices is a very “but you live in a society” take

Nationalize Steam and toss the Epic store into a shallow grave

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm so glad I don't care about the PS5 yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

All stars is just emulated ROMs, the sunshine release has a couple dolphin specific emulator bugs

All-Stars on Switch feels kinda... lovely? I dunno like weird lag and slowdown or something?

just... off

talking about the SNES Allstars they just dropped