Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jerusalem posted:

Raw opened tonight with Michael Cole casually mentioning the Gold Rush is in two weeks.

Does anybody know what the gently caress the Gold Rush is?

I really hope they don't address this at all or ever again.

WWE is just so dog poo poo. Just no planning for anything at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Jerusalem posted:

Raw opened tonight with Michael Cole casually mentioning the Gold Rush is in two weeks.

they found a big deposit of new championship belts in the dumpster

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

Jeff Jarrett's back?

Ain't he great

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Did he forget the name of the Clash of Champions PPV which is in 2 Weeks

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ad by Khad posted:

they found a big deposit of new championship belts in the dumpster

Haha, excellent

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

if you want poetry/music so loving weird and out there that it actually kicks rear end the correct answer is Gordon Downie

Need a wrestler to come out to "I Have a Special Plan For This World."

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Jerusalem posted:

at the Clash of Champions, every title is on the line!! maybe!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

Did he forget the name of the Clash of Champions PPV which is in 2 Weeks

No, he mentioned it would be at Clash of Champions. Just not what the gold rush actually was.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jerusalem posted:

Nope and you don’t either. But you’re curious about it so I guess you’ll be tuning in next week and the week after that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Could it be similar to the Coal Miner's Glove Match? Will there be another framed Scott Hall photo?

Maybe a cinematic match that takes place inside of Fort Knox?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

No, he mentioned it would be at Clash of Champions. Just not what the gold rush actually was.

It's the Clash of Champions' tag line. like "The Horror Show" or "You'll Never See It Coming"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Gold Rush at Clash of Champions is gonna be like The Horror Show at Extreme Rules. Raw Is In Your Face. one of the holes in Vince's brain started leaking and he decided everything needs additional subtitles.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eat Balls at Great Balls of Fire!

BIG rear end at Great Balls of Fire!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh that makes sense if guess, just bullshit subtitles for no reason or context.

Codependent Poster posted:

Eat Balls at Great Balls of Fire!

BIG rear end at Great Balls of Fire!

:rip: EAT BALLS BIG rear end, what a wonderful GDT that was :shobon:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Did PAYBACK have a subtitle?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/colettearrand/status/1305658771465797638

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

PAYBACK: Wait, wasn't Summerslam last week?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Pylons posted:

Payback: Backpay

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's pretty much a microcosm of the entire movement.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think most of the NXT roster hates Dream and have said as much. HHH defending him can gently caress right off though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The great part about WWE choosing to defend a pedophile is that it's like one of a hundred awful things they've done just this year and they'll all be forgotten because they pile on the awful poo poo so quickly that it can't even stay in a news cycle without being replaced by five more

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

A San Francisco 49ers match?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So is going to be the pattern from now on? The moment RAW's ratings decline after a boost, they'll announce something like "RAW: SUBTITLE!" in attempts to get viewers to tune in out of curiosity?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

So is going to be the pattern from now on? The moment RAW's ratings decline after a boost, they'll announce something like "RAW: SUBTITLE!" in attempts to get viewers to tune in out of curiosity?

Well what's YOUR solution, smart guy? Long-term storytelling and character development!?! :laugh: Check out this nerd who wants to provide in-depth characterization and storybeat payoffs! :lol:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

its fitting that Raw now has the same tagline as the XWF though

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

Well what's YOUR solution, smart guy? Long-term storytelling and character development!?! :laugh: Check out this nerd who wants to provide in-depth characterization and storybeat payoffs! :lol:

Duh, guest hosts. Kid Rock's available. Could probably even get the president! Both Hall of Famers!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Update - the first football game is still close and now they're about to kick off the second game.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Best guess is that Smackdown has a stronger roster.

Vince gives less of a gently caress about Smackdown, so directly interferes with it less.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Update - the first football game is still close and now they're about to kick off the second game.

Hell yes, drive those ratings through the basement

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Edit:wrong thread

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Codependent Poster posted:

I think most of the NXT roster hates Dream and have said as much. HHH defending him can gently caress right off though.
They could, y'know, quit working there if they're so bothered by the two pedophiles that are hanging around. Which would be a lot easier to do if they came together and formed a...what's the word I'm looking for? Alliance? Unification?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hopkins FBI posted:

They could, y'know, quit working there if they're so bothered by the two pedophiles that are hanging around. Which would be a lot easier to do if they came together and formed a...what's the word I'm looking for? Alliance? Unification?

Stable?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hopkins FBI posted:

A coalition of some sort?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jerusalem posted:

A coalition of some sort?

New World Organization brother!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Results 9/14:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Michael Cole casually mentioned the Gold Rush is in two weeks at Clash of Champions. No explanation of what the Gold Rush is was given. Dolph Ziggler is on commentary tonight.
  • WWE Champion Drew McIntyre said he has a displaced fractured jaw but is wrestling anyway. He'll face Randy Orton in an Ambulance Match at Clash of Champions.
  • Adam Pearce announced that if Keith Lee beats Drew tonight in a match, he'll replace Orton at the PPV if Orton isn't cleared in time.
  • The Street Profits defeated Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro in a Champions vs. Champions (but non-title) tag match.
  • Angel Garza and Andrade brawled backstage and Zelina had had enough.
  • The Hurt Business included Cedric Alexander brawled with Ricochet, Apollo Crews and Erik from the Viking Raiders.
  • Cedric Alexander defeated Ricochet in a singles match with their respective friends at ringside.
  • Retribution appeared on the Titantron and cut a promo about things and stuff.
  • Mickie James was interviewed about her title shot.
  • The Hurt Business offered to do a work for hire for Adam Pearce to find and take out Retribution who had everybody "running scared".
  • Asuka (C) defeated Mickie James in a match for the Raw Women's Championship. The ref called off the match in a weird ending while Mickie was in a submission hold. Zelina Vega then came out to call out Asuka and challenge her for the title.
  • Bobby Lashley defeated Erik in a singles match. MVP replaced Dolph Ziggler on guest commentary.
  • Kevin Owens cut a promo about Aleister Black and never mentioned Dabba-Katto once despite him laying out both Owens and Black last week. Aleister Black's eye is apparently injured again after being miraculously cured last week.
  • Braun Strowman yelled at Shane McMahon and his tall bodyguard to let him into Raw Underground.
  • Michael Cole cheerfully revealed that anybody from any brand can show up on Raw Underground whenever they like, a week after cheerfully explaining the BRAND TO BRAND INVITATIONAL had ALWAYS been strictly once a quarter only.
  • Seth Rollins talked poo poo to Buddy Murphy backstage.
  • Mandy Rose is now on Raw, after Miz called in a favor to get revenge on Otis.
  • Seth Rollins defeated Dominik Mysterio by pinfall in a steel cage match. Seth assaulted Buddy Murphy postmatch.
  • Braun Strowman beat up Dolph Ziggler and Riddick Moss on Raw Underground.
  • Drew McIntyre and Keith Lee got into a heated chat backstage which broke into a brawl.
  • Braun beat up more people on Raw Underground, including Titus O'Neill.
  • Kevin Owens defeated Aleister Black in a singles match. Owens supposedly injured his leg during the match.
  • Keith Lee jumped Drew McIntyre backstage.
  • The Riott Squad defeated Lana and Nattie in a tag match to earn a title shot at the PPV. Tag Champs Shayna Bazler and Nia Jax attacked Nattie and Lana postmatch.
  • Shane called off Raw Underground when Dabba-Katto got in Braun's face, saying he wanted them to do it next week instead.
  • "Gold Rush" is just the unexplained, unnecessary and never before mentioned subtitle for the Clash of Champions PPV.
  • Drew McIntyre vs. Keith Lee ended in a no-contest when Retribution attacked them both. The Hurt Business (eventually) showed up and started brawling, Drew and Keith got back involved and laid everybody out and the show ended.
  • So... like, did they unmask the Retribution guys?
  • GDT Discussion here.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

So... like, did they unmask the Retribution guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPefOfu2TIU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1305702407930814465

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hopkins FBI posted:

Yeah a union would be nice. Though lol if you try and quit. They'll just extend your time forever. The best way to get out is to not sign an extension when your time comes up and not say anything when it's close, so they can't gently caress you over.

Sadly a union will probably never happen

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

Champions vs. Champions (but non-title) tag match.

i have no response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
so is Keith Lee a heel