Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Strawberry Panda posted:

Applebee's really isn't even cheap. My aunt gives me $25 gift cards there for some unknown reason and when my girlfriend and I go, it always ends up being around $40-$50.

Though in college they would turn the Applebee's in Tallahassee into a night club at 9 p.m. You'd need a wristband to get in.

yeah applebees isnt cheap outside of like their app deals or their cheap margaritas, idk where the idea for that came. entree prices are the same there as every other chain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Big news friends:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2020/09/23/wwe-reportedly-planning-big-retribution-match-as-survivor-series-main-event/

quote:

WWE is reportedly planning a big Survivor Series main event that is sure to turn some heads.

According to a report from PWInsider.com, WWE’s latest faction RETRIBUTION is being considered for a headlining match at the “Big Four” pay-per-view: “The word making the rounds over the weekend was that Retribution vs. a WWE team was being targeted as the main event of Survivor Series.”

The controversial faction, which has drawn widespread criticism for its political undertones, was kind-of-sort-of unmasked on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw after months of wreaking havoc on both of WWE’s main roster brands. Though the stars weren’t technically revealed, WWE slightly altered RETRIBUTION’s gear to make it quite obvious who was behind the gimmick, though many fans had already pieced together which stars were involved in WWE’s hostile new stable anyway.

WWE raised some eyebrows by having its announce team members pretend as if they didn’t know who were behind the masks on Raw, while the three most prominent male members of the group were given new ring names that are almost comically bad. PWInsider confirmed those members as the following: “T-Bar for Donovan Dijakovic, Mace for Dio Maddin [and] Slapjack for Shane Thorne…Mercedes Martinez and Mia Yim were also part of the group but were not identified under any new ring names officially as of this writing.”

Twitter had a field day with the new names and the latest development in the RETRIBUTION saga, which has been criticized both for its corny nature and the way it’s come across as a bad ripoff of past stables, including The Shield, The Nexus and AEW’s The Dark Order, among others.

Despite the overwhelmingly negative reaction to RETRIBUTION essentially since it first appeared, the group is clearly being positioned for a prominent spot on Raw. The red brand has struggled to consistently deliver strong viewership this year, and even though a significant portion of fans already seem to be rejecting the ridiculousness of RETRIBUTION, Raw typically crafts some sort of outlandish storyline each fall in an effort to combat the increased TV competition, particularly that from Monday Night Football.

This year, that distinction, of course, goes to RETRIBUTION, which originally appeared on both Raw and SmackDown but will now reportedly be exclusive to the more entertainment-centric red brand, which one again generated low viewership this week. RETRIBUTION’s infiltration of SmackDown left a lot to be desired, so WWE at least made the right decision to make the faction Raw-exclusive. However, the concept of RETRIBUTION in general feels like a poorly done rehash of countess invasion-type angles WWE has done in the past, most of which ultimately led nowhere.

The idea of RETRIBUTION headlining Survivor Series—likely in a 5-on-5 tag team match or something similar—isn’t exactly an encouraging one, either, especially given that WWE’s own stars thought their big reveal on Raw was just as bad as many fans did.

Though it is still technically considered to be a “Big Four” PPV alongside the likes of Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and SummerSlam, Survivor Series has lost a lot of its luster over the past several years in large part due to the 5-on-5 tag team match concept becoming watered down. Meanwhile, very few Survivor Series matches have had much at stake, and the ones that did were largely forgotten about almost immediately after the PPV. In recent years, Survivor Series has relied on a “battle of the brands” that has also failed to excite, especially when many stars who are fighting on behalf of their respective brands had just recently been on another one.

While there is no word if WWE is still planning on utilizing that concept this year, Survivor Series has been long overdue for a revamp. Though the inclusion of RETRIBUTION in a headlining match would mark a change from the Raw vs. SmackDown (vs. NXT) concept that really means nothing, the negative reception to RETRIBUTION suggests that having them close out what is supposed to be a major pay-per-view could be a disaster waiting to happen.

It is going to take a lot of rehabbing the image of RETRIBUTION, which has already been destroyed by over-the-top, if not downright, terrible booking, and even then, fans may not be very receptive to the idea of the lackluster faction closing out Survivor Series when there will likely be many better options for that spot.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Change of plans the world champion is defending their title against Slapjack

I have no idea who the wwe champions are

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I know the last two have been really dumb, and there are no feuds that require it, but is there no Hell in a Cell this year?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Maigius posted:

I know the last two have been really dumb, and there are no feuds that require it, but is there no Hell in a Cell this year?

They’ll announce HiaC on social media one day before it happens, which will be one week before survivor series

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
:sad:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
How much will an AEW show at half past midnight outrate Main Event thus how many people will see Ali vs how many people saw Ben Carter

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So who's behind retribution

Is it the man called sting

Will his spine be avenged

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Insertnamehere31 posted:

They’ll announce HiaC on social media one day before it happens, which will be during survivor series

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lid posted:

How much will an AEW show at half past midnight outrate Main Event thus how many people will see Ali vs how many people saw Ben Carter

That match with Scorpio Sky was sick! Ben Carter is already so good and only 22!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Unlike The Nexus, Retribution SHOULD get chased back to the locker room by a bunch of jobbers and then get annihilated in a multi-man match entirely by John Cena

It's good publicity for The Suicide Squad! John come back and squash these losers

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
who are the faces Retribution are supposed to be oppositional of

who are the top faces in WWE

this isn't a rhetorical question i legit have no idea because someone said Sting leading Retribution as a joke but like Seth's a heel too so i have no loving idea

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

bartok posted:

That match with Scorpio Sky was sick! Ben Carter is already so good and only 22!

Ali is 34.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MotU posted:

yeah applebees isnt cheap outside of like their app deals or their cheap margaritas, idk where the idea for that came. entree prices are the same there as every other chain

They have that 2 for 20 thing I used to do when I was broke. Appetizer, two entrees, two desserts

What a date!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Applebees functions on the same idea as 10 cent wings or tacos. Bar food is cheap but if you come with people your party will spend money on entrees and booze.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/TBARRetribution...ingawful.com%2F

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://mobile.twitter.com/RETRIBUTIONMACE/status/1308891602690207745

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Nothing more bad rear end than locking your replies and funky fonts.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

oh no

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bruh

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

But seriously, they look and sound really lame.

But I guess they're no longer antifa since now they're a cyber punk gang from a 1999 dystopia? Or is that the new thing? I haven't been paying attention to right wing media.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

They can’t even keep the gimmick straight day to day. Are they disgruntled like Nexus? Are they CRAZY like Sanity? Who knows. Who cares.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
There has been debate every year for Worst Gimmick of that year as WWE has gotten worse and worse and somehow Retribution are so clearly dead in the crib that it would shock me if RAW Underground finished within 500 votes. They had a top babyface who was a serial killer caricaturist and that isnt even in the same galaxy of MY BROTHER SLAPJACK.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tato posted:

They can’t even keep the gimmick straight day to day. Are they disgruntled like Nexus? Are they CRAZY like Sanity? Who knows. Who cares.

Hes not Heavy, hes my brother Slapjack. Heavy's over in the corner.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm impressed they manage to look dopier than Punk does these days, top work

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Did they ever mention what Mia and Mercedes' names were?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nice parody account

... oh

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
My Brother SLAPJACK

https://twitter.com/TBARRetribution/status/1308745481779122177

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

End the experiment that night tbh

Nexus it in the crib quicker than they did to Nexus. who would complain

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

that boy ain't right

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I feel bad for them having to try to make the combination of that look and that name work knowing it's probably going to ruin their careers

Then again, they signed the contract knowing what kind of company WWE is

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Chris James 2 posted:

End the experiment that night tbh

Nexus it in the crib quicker than they did to Nexus. who would complain

incidentally them killing Nexus there is to this day considered one of the absolute worst booking decisions in WWE history, greatly damaged WWE in the short term and the long term, and is the one straight up blemish on John Cena that can't be justified in any way as he politicked that for no reason.

But yeah you're right.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Apparently this is also a Zalgo gimmick.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RETRIBUTIONMACE/status/1308852071479812096

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB1zPYKQCCY

bartok
May 10, 2006

It's the name of a song by fictional band Dethklok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5t7WBBzUM

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

bartok posted:

It's the name of a song by fictional band Dethklok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5t7WBBzUM

this gimmick is dildos

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I shouldn't have linked Live anyway, i haven't thought if them in years but hearing that made me remember some heinous memories about Snowtown and i made myself upset :/

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Good job at being the uncool member of Retribution, Dio. Continues his fine career of being the uncoolest member of anything he's involved in.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

why do you wear the mask? what would happen if I took it off?
it would be extremely painful
you're a big.. ohnonononono [laughing]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm cringing. I can't look.