Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm mace masta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

PUNCHING JACK

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Knuckle Boot

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Knock knock

Who’s there

Slapjack and I’m gonna slap your brains out

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

is pepsi ok posted:

Dijakovic deserves better. The other two probably deserve this tho.

Isn't he the one who got caught flirting with fascist imagery like multiple times?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Isn't he the one who got caught flirting with fascist imagery like multiple times?

Alaois posted:

i guess the best thing you can say is at least they're not trying to give him an Ustase gimmick anymore?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

That was Jean Paul Levesque

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It's been said before and said often but it is astounding how WWE can make anything and everything it does so lame and uncool.

Not bad, (which it often is as well), but just eye rollingly UnCool.

I think it is because they try so hard, but with so little creativity and/or energy to be cool. But their idea of being cool is to badly mimic something that was cool 20 years ago, but miss the point of why it was cool in the first place, so instead copy the wrong parts.

For example: If WWE were to run a "grunge" gimmick, they would think that the cool part of Grunge music was the checked shirts. So would have a character called "Flannel Fred" who constantly says he is from Seattle. They will then be baffled when this doesn't get over and say "why? this is exactly the same as that thing you liked?"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Retribution angle is obviously heating up and getting mainstream attention, they had my kindergartener making their own Retribution masks today in virtual class

I think everyone should make their own masks too so we can all be in Retribution and feel the pain of developmental talents too poor to shop at Spirit Halloween

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Fabian Aichner please go to the main roster so we can get a clip of Cole saying " ITS FABIAN TIME!"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chris James 2 posted:

Translation is it'll be very obvious to tell who got corona by who was supposed to be there but now isn't

I guess one good thing you can say about the Thunderdome is getting people out of the performance center probably stopped a few people from getting sick.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

I guess one good thing you can say about the Thunderdome is getting people out of the performance center probably stopped a few people from getting sick.

Thunderdome is really almost a good idea- it’s “hey, we’ll have fans but nobody’s in danger” but then you realize that you can’t do anything to stop people putting whatever they want on their feed

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Maigius posted:

I know the last two have been really dumb, and there are no feuds that require it, but is there no Hell in a Cell this year?

Bayley vs Sasha will probably get it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So..........did they just low key break up Undisputed Era and just forget to tell everyone else?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tato posted:

Retribution angle is obviously heating up and getting mainstream attention, they had my kindergartener making their own Retribution masks today in virtual class

I think everyone should make their own masks too so we can all be in Retribution and feel the pain of developmental talents too poor to shop at Spirit Halloween

Is your kid Slapjack or T-bar?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Finally the Danny Burch vs. Danny Burch mirror match we've been waiting for.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jiro posted:

So..........did they just low key break up Undisputed Era and just forget to tell everyone else?

Nah, the rest of 'em probably have COVID so they're throwing random people together.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

BrigadierSensible posted:

For example: If WWE were to run a "grunge" gimmick, they would think that the cool part of Grunge music was the checked shirts. So would have a character called "Flannel Fred" who constantly says he is from Seattle. They will then be baffled when this doesn't get over and say "why? this is exactly the same as that thing you liked?"

They went with Rad Radford actually.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Strawberry Panda posted:

Nah, the rest of 'em probably have COVID so they're throwing random people together.

According to the F4W recap, Breezango have been given the power to assemble tag teams themselves as a "wildcard" to pick their next competitors?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Maxwell Lord posted:

Thunderdome is really almost a good idea- it’s “hey, we’ll have fans but nobody’s in danger” but then you realize that you can’t do anything to stop people putting whatever they want on their feed

the solution to that problem was to air shows so terrible that no one other than WWE diehards would want to be on the thunderdome

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT Results 9/23:
  • Detailed Results here.
  • Footage was shown of Candice LeRae attacking Tegan Nox with a lead pipe and knocking her out of the Battle Royal.
  • Candice LeRae won the Battle Royal to become number one contender for Io Shirai's Women's title. Shotzi Blackheart was the last woman eliminated.
  • NXT North American Champion Damian Priest did a backstage promo about Johnny Gargano and Austin Theory.
  • William Regal was trying to figure out the number one contenders for the NXT Tag Titles.
  • Tommaso Ciampa defeated Jake Atlas in a singles match.
  • A vignette aired for Ridge Holland.
  • Roderick Strong & Danny Burch (wait, what?) defeated Fabian Aichner & Raul Mendoza (wait... WHAT!?!) in a tag match. Apparently Tag Champions Breezango have put together these tag teams?
  • North American Champion Damian Priest defeated Austin Theory (accused of grooming a minor) in a non-title match. Johnny Gargano jumped Priest post-match.
  • A vignette aired to hype something happening at the next Takeover.
  • Isaiah "Swerve" Scott wants a rematch with Santos Escobar for the interim (:cripes:) Cruiserweight Championship.
  • Ridge Holland defeated Antonio De Luca in a singles match.
  • Damian Priest laid out Gargano backstage while he and Candice were getting in Io Shirai's face.
  • Next week Shotzi Blackheart faces Dakota Kai in a singles match.
  • Kyle O'Reilly won the Gauntlet Elimination match to become number one contender for the NXT Championship.
  • The order of elimation was: KUSHIDA by Bronson Reed. Bronson Reed by Kyle O'Reilly. Timothy Thatcher by Kyle O'Reilly. Cameron Grimes by Kyle O'Reilly.
  • Adam Cole and Roderick Strong came out and celebrated with O'Reilly. The show ended with NXT Champion Finn Balor coming out to stare at O'Reilly.
  • Show Discussion (kinda) here.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 24, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hope KUSHIDA is enjoying NXT.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 9/23:
  • A vignette aired for Ridge Holland.

Is this a store that sells camping equipment?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ridge Holland

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Who is Ridge Holland and why are you using fake names again J-Ru

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol Ridge Holland

WWE is intentionally trying to make sure nobody on their roster will be worth a dime during and after their time with the company

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Alaois posted:

Ridge Holland

SLAPJACK

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

J-Ru was liveposting in the Dynamite thread, can confirm that these "results" are a mad man's fantasies.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Jerusalem posted:

NXT Results 9/23:
[*] THe order of elimation was: KUSHIDA by Bronson Reed.

Welcome to the minor leagues kid!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Perhaps. But are YOU a brave enough soul to watch NXT and confirm?

Don’t be a fool. Just accept the results.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
my name is Ridge

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it's short for Ridgered

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dakota should have faced Io again.

Dakota deserves better. :mad:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm like 90% sure Ridge Holland has shown up before and I made an identical post where I just said "Ridge Holland" when that happened too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ridge Racer!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I'm so, so over Ciampa, Gargano, and Undisputed Era. Some combination of them have been in the upper-midcard title feuds for what feels like a decade by now. I'm past the point of even caring if they have good matches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oh but seriously I posted:

J-Ru was liveposting in the Dynamite thread, can confirm that these "results" are a mad man's fantasies.

Results are literally just summarized from F4W (which is why the link to detailed results is there), I legitimately forget most weeks that NXT is even on till like an hour into Dynamite, because why would anybody watch NXT over Dynamite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jerusalem posted:

Results are literally just summarized from F4W (which is why the link to detailed results is there), I legitimately forget most weeks that NXT is even on till like an hour into Dynamite, because why would anybody watch NXT over Dynamite?

They fell asleep while watching a SVU rerun.