Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Retaliation Rising: Revengeance

Nanomachines, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Considering its members are the 4chan streamers and the guy who doubled down on All Petite Wrestling tweets last year, they are obligated to scream how completely not owned they are.

Yep. Remember this well. poo poo like this is what keeps the war going with their fans. Creates the divide and that sucks.

Absolutely stupid. Hence why I hope they fail!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
(Re)Tribute to the Troops

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I still don't understand why they need new names. The idea of people rebelling against the company from within makes more sense when it's a group of people who were already on your roster, using the same ring names they'd already been using, and root things more in reality than this Bane bullshit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Pylons posted:

Why does every heel in WWE have to do this?

They Omelette is going to be really good if they don't let it burn and catch on fire before it's served to us

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Benne posted:

Wasn't "the fire rises" co-opted as a Gamergate catchphrase or something back in the day

who loving knows but it's also a dumb batman reference. They're not even trying.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

ICR posted:

Yep. Remember this well. poo poo like this is what keeps the war going with their fans. Creates the divide and that sucks.

Absolutely stupid. Hence why I hope they fail!

Yeah but think of the heeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaat

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yeah but think of the heeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaat

Good call good call. I gotta lean into it more! I can get there. Now that my friend Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning is an actual person in this faction, I can be much more invested as a lover of video games.

I’m officially sold on the angle. Prepare for 4 million viewers Monday. Beware The Purge

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Pylons posted:

This quote is good actually

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Overcooking my steaks to own the marks

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

(Re)Tribute to the Troops

if they put Retribution on TttT there's a non-zero chance of an actual loving riot breaking out

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Pylons posted:

Roman's setting up a feud with Ryback, isn't he.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Ryback vs Slack back

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Golden Bee posted:

Ryback vs Slack back

Guest referee: mace

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Wow, looks like credible video game journalists IGN have already reviewed Mercedes Martinez new name. Or maybe it’s Mia Yims. It’s one of the women for sure!

Ok I’m wrong. This is their review of her final form, Re-Reckoning. You can review that here.

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdoms-of-amalur-re-reckoning-review

Now, if you want to see what they gave her in her current form, as Reckoning, that can be found here: https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/02/03/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-review?amp=1

Some highlights of the review that I found notable to the woman who is known as Reckoning:

quote:

Who said that epic and expansive fantasy RPGs had to have subpar gameplay? For as much as I absolutely adore games like Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2 and Skyrim, gameplay in those titles simply didn't live up to the amazing standards set by their superb settings, narratives and quest structures. In Fallout 3, VATS was simply an excuse for its inherently clumsy combat, and for as much awe as Skyrim instilled in me, in-game fighting is sloppy. Good news, then, that Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has come along.

Key excerpt below:

quote:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning isn't the perfect game. Its random technical hiccups and inconsistent art style certainly holds it back from even higher levels of greatness. But no matter what you're looking for, whether it be amazing gameplay, immersive storytelling or perhaps a riveting new world to explore as you fully customize and re-customize your character at will, Reckoning has it all. And after I jump back into my own game to clean up all of the optional stuff I didn't do, I sense I'll want even more. And yes, so will you.

Their score: 9/10. They love Reckoning and can’t wait to see her on Monday.

Now, I really can’t wait to see Re-Reckoning. That’s where I bet she will really shine.

There’s this key excerpt from the review above about her final form:

quote:

On some levels, Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning is still a worthwhile RPG to hack and slash your way through, even if this remaster doesn’t go above and beyond the bare minimum expectations. But while the ideas and mechanics that make games like Red Faction: Guerilla and Burnout feel special are still largely singularly unique to them, almost everything that made Amalur stand out in its day has become standard fare for just about any RPG to come out in the past decade. Its fast-paced action still entertains, for the most part, and there’s plenty to see and do in its big world – but after almost a decade of innovation and improvements, it no longer feels particularly extraordinary, and the technical issues it does have are far less excusable. Re-Reckoning is a good reminder of what made the original so great for its time but, more importantly, it’s a testament to how far we've come in the decade since.

They gave her final form, which we haven’t seen yet, a 6/10. Just OKAY. Very yikes. Hope she gets a few patches there so she can really shine in the Thunderdome.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i was trying to work out in my mind how to make retribution work and i was like, ok they would probably use their shoot names ok, and they would probably need a benefactor to strongarm them onto the show, ok

and then i realized i was literally just thinking up the start of the nwo and thats what wwe made, really really uncool nwo.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

https://twitter.com/RETRIBUTIONMACE/status/1309552496185085952

hmm, maybe retribution is good, actually

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You don't know who we are... and you don't know why we're here!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pylons posted:

I'm most mad about him starting to talk about omelettes in the middle of a steak metaphor and then going back to the steak thing

At least keep your dumb rear end bootlicking metaphors consistent, and also I'm hungry now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Variety article on WWE's continuing problems

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Yeah TBar rules now

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

pls give retribution the x factor theme

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm starting to come around

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

McMahon has consistently blamed storylines for the ratings plunge, without acknowledging that he is the man who signs off on the stories.
please die already

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Three "Re"s in in a bucket

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
The silver lining of the Retribution names, thin as it is, is that when they get unmasked, they...might...get their old names back.

It's dire. I'm just looking for something to be remotely optimistic about with Retribution and I don't think any such thing exists.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

it will eventually end

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CVagts posted:

The silver lining of the Retribution names, thin as it is, is that when they get unmasked, they...might...get their old names back.

It's dire. I'm just looking for something to be remotely optimistic about with Retribution and I don't think any such thing exists.
They'll get buried like Nexus and we'll all pretend they never existed

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dijakovic will need a new first name because they already have a Dominic.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!

Ivypls posted:

it will eventually end

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Slominic Slapjackovic

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

CopywrightMMXI posted:

William

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CopywrightMMXI posted:

"will need a new first name" has never been true for anybody in WWE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hmm, you know what? I don't know if I watch professional wrestling or not. 🤔

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

explosivo posted:

I don't know if I watch professional wrestling or not. 🤔

I mean if you watched an ep of Raw, you wouldn't be sure

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

explosivo posted:

Hmm, you know what? I don't know if I watch professional wrestling or not. 🤔

I watch sports entertainment.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mean if you watched an ep of Raw, you wouldn't be sure

Lol ya got me there

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

r/SC is desperately trying to cling to those tweets and make Retribution into a success story like The Dark Order.

This is hilarious because eventually, it’s going to be Monday, and Retribution is once again going to have to exist in a physical form

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

@dril @fart and @horse_ebooks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

shiksa posted:

pls give retribution the x factor theme

call Mia Uncle and Mercedes Kracker