Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean it could be a good match but they're probably going to be agented to not do anything too flashy and keep it under 5 minutes :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hahahahah poo poo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

You say that, but I can't remember the last time I saw a Nugenix commercial for AEW.

the advertising has definitely been in line with non wrestling shows that i watch so thats a great sign

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Abroham Lincoln posted:

of course he believes it's real, he's all about trying to flatten the curve.

a good post

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

my old job had a hookup with the tmobile arena so i was able to get 4 comped tickets to wwe shows (ppvs included) whenever they rolled into town. i went with my mtg playgroup for chamber which was a turd of a show that was maybe 55% full (not even curtained, they just did the thing where they cram everyone into camera side so we got bumped up to 5th row of the low bowl) and the draft episode of smackdown last year that was maybe 40% full that me and my cousin just left early on when we realized that the draft was just gonna be awkwardly announced between matches instead of done in any kind of exciting way like the whammy screen. i wound up getting tickets for a raw not long after and just didn't use them.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

does anyone have the tweet handy from when wwe congratulated aew for kicking their butt on the premier ep

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gonna be even more ghoulish when we see months added onto the contract of talent that stayed home cause of Covid

this is in fact happening

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

woah there buddy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

just happy to be here 🙃🙃🙃

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

There's no way the wrestlers back down from this.

just wait and see :D

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

cant wait for another 50 years when the only decent places to live with breathable air and foliage are inside of a megacorporation's arcology

i dont wanna live in the Luxor :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wow, dominik's pretty good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new raw and smackdown tag team belts are coming soon. not new titles, just new belt designs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean when the titanic is starting to sink your first priority needs to be to change the dining room tablecloths.

but honestly the designs are 10 years old and are probably the 2nd worst looking belts in the company, so they could use the upgrade. my guess for the design is big empty circle with wwe logo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Why?

No literally why? To what end, purpose, or use is doing this? Why spend money to make/design the stupid things, and have whoever the champions are waste time on TV promoting them?

The only reason to make new belts is if it is part of a gimmick, I reckon. I remember Cody Rhodes' "classy" IC title, which he had when he was dashing. That made sense and was cool.

Making new Tag belts, and more than likely blanding them down so they fit the colour palette swapped scheme of the Raw and Smackdown championships, is stupid and poopy.

they've been redesigning a bunch of their belts over the last year.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love luther

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jiro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5-LN_LHU2I

Bored at work, and going down a Youtube rabbit hole I stumbled across this. An interesting story as to why WWE2k20 is absolute poo poo.

if you want a signal to how much faith 2k lacks after that title, they're continuing to support and issue patch updates to 2k19 and stated they'll continue doing so until 2k22.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in 2006 when jeff hardy was in between tna and wwe stints i messaged him on myspace saying i hope someone would pick him up again soon since he's too talented at a young age to not be featured anywhere, not even wsx. he told me thanks and then offered me a bunch of hardy show dvds for $20 including one that was just titled "the origins of itchweed". i declined the offer but now i kind of wonder if i missed out on a potential treasure trove of wild drug induced bullshit that would make for great youtube content today.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

did his MySpace autoplay music from Peroxwhy?gen because I'm imagining a Jeff Hardy MySpace and need to get the full picture

it had a full friggin albumb

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

does anyone have the clip of Mike Tenay screaming that TNA has listened to the fans and is moving back to thursday nights after getting washed in the 2010 monday night war

they spun it as IMPACT IS GOING BACK HOME!!!! which was pretty lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Just get a bunch of >50 year old gross men in a room to get sweaty and breath heavy during a Pandemic.

Like a low rent Red Death.

its an outdoor baseball park

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

I don't think I have seen Adam Pearce, is he Drake Maverick with a fake mustache?

Also, does he end promos with "PEARCE OUT!"?

he's the Scrap Daddy and mortal enemy to bobby dempsey

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

People are saying she plays a pretty high profile character too.

I hope Sasha gets a lot of money. She's real good and deserves it.

if she's being billed as Sasha Banks and not her real name then she's just receiving whatever she gets after WWE takes their cut

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

But they wouldn't stop Flair from trying to murder Kairi after everyone on the planet knew she had a concussion. :tinfoil: I wonder if they've got their fingers on the trigger after the Matt Hardy accident

i mean better safe than sorry.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you could say his case peeled apart at the seams

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they had a championship match last week and two championship matches tonight. what is making takeover special?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that was also the aztec warfare match format from lucha underground

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

they have a backstage interview area that is half a ring

i remember them having this for interview segments on some home video things but in front of the crowd on a stage

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they were gonna call him crowbar but turns out devon storm still has the trademark for that name

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

Styles is 43. Joe's 41. Orton's 40.

Knock it off with the ageist/sexist poo poo.

the issue kungfu is raising is that with wwe's 5 year deals and probably the near guarantee she'll probably get injured at some point during those 5 years due to how wwe destroys wrestlers bodies with their ridiculous training regimens, she's probably looking at 6-8 years of being with the company.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

Styles is 43. Joe's 41. Orton's 40.

Knock it off with the ageist/sexist poo poo.

you're also citing wrestlers that had prevalence in the companies they worked for in their 20s and 30s, with exposure on major cable networks that drew millions of viewers weekly, which is not an avenue mercedes has had. styles, joe, orton, even mickie james beth phoenix and natalya all had the benefit of staying relevant in a tv role. mercedes is someone who was mostly working indies her entire career and honestly if you feel like you only have one shot you probably take the sure thing over something that could be around for one or two years and go belly up (she signed before AEW got their extension and money deal).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Evil Badman posted:

"she's going to be 40 years old in November. this is probably her only shot at anything"

Is a gross thing to say and tripping over yourselves to defend it is real bad.

you're absolutely right. we're wrong. i guess i forgot all about those other wrestlers who only ever worked indies get their first shot at age 40 and then get opportunity after opportunity offered to them. it happens all the time. my mistake.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like the direction of the stable is a reaction to a combination of antifa and wwe's hurt feelings toward fans that dropped them cold for other wrestling companies.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it's always great to have a storyline where people who signed a contract with the place claims how much the company they chose to sign with sucks. always definitely good to call attention to how bad your product is to the fans. that will definitely get heel heat and make people watch your program.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the names sound like the street thug flunkie villains in an early 90s white dude kung fu flick (seagal or norris) and they all happen to be australian for some reason

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

one of them should go by the name club, specifically the automobile antitheft device

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Streets of Rage enemies

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah there it is

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Reality Protester posted:

the idea that time spent injured adds time to your contract is loving insane.

its primarily how rey mysterios original 3 year deal from 2009 turned into a 6 year deal even though he had less than 3 years time off for surgery/recovery

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pylons posted:

Aces and Ain'ts.

lol drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

So are Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace meant to be the same people as Shane Thorne, Dominik Dijakovic and Dio Maddin or is this a Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt kinda deal where they're completely new characters?

in the same way ivar and erik are the same people as hanson and ray rowe