Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

I'm starting to think having an out of touch senior citizen in charge of a global multimedia empire might not be best for business.

But it's great for that particular senior citizen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'm wondering if this has more to do with the recent instances of AEW people crashing WWE people's streams. In Vince's eyes, fraternizing with the enemy is just about the worst sin possible. That got golden boy Triple H's push derailed two decades ago, and lord knows Vince hasn't been getting more reasonable since.

Remember how Breeze and Woods had to start editing around Chris Jericho when they were doing SvR GM mode? And then when they started the next season, how they had to make a custom roster based on the active WWE roster rather than possibly use someone who might have gone somewhere else?

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 4, 2020

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

I know it got overshadowed by the Cameo/Twitch ban but remember how they just released AOP?

Meltzer says Rezar had just been cleared to come back from injury

Well, of course. Can't fire a guy while he's injured, that would look bad.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Orange Carlisle posted:

Two wrongs don't make a right!

No, but they could make a TAG TEAM!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

explosivo posted:

drat, I forgot about the shark cage match lol

They did like three of them in rapid succession then totally forgot about it. There was one right after Big Cass's heel turn that happened entirely because someone found out Enzo was scared of heights and thought it would be hilarious to suspend him above the ring because that's a normal way to treat your employees.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
No, I get you, Enzo sucks. That still doesn't justify that kind of treatment in the workplace.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

It's the one night a year that Raw and Smackdown go head-to-head!

Ha, I was about to post this exact thing. Takeovers really do have the same energy that cross-brand shows do now where for a while they were infrequent and had some buildup. Now it's just whatever, whenever.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Did they ever end the authority angle, or did triple H and Stephanie just stop showing up?

WWE made us, the fans, the true authority.

I've gotta say, we've been doing a pretty lovely job with it.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Look, pal, they don't even let me slap the jack.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The Bee posted:

I think the WWE name I'm most confused about right now is Dabba Kado. Like, what does that even mean?

You probably wouldn't get it. It's Underground.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

All I know is I have a steak in the fridge and now I'm resisting the urge to cook a omelet on the side because that sounds like a tasty but terrible heart stopping mistake.

But like cooking both would take like 15 minutes tops. So I'm not sure Roman Reigns knows how to cook any more than he knows what good wrestling is or proper metaphors.

No, it's a very good metaphor. 15 minutes is about how much time WWE spends on their long-term planning.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

[
  • Corey Graves interviews AJ Styles and the IC champions Jeff Hardy and Sami Zayn in prep for their triple threat ladder match for the belt at Clash of Champions. Zayn's and Hardy's IC titles will both be hanging above the ring

Wait, what? Is there literally any other possibility for the ending of this match other than two guys each grabbing a belt and prolonging the feud of "who is the real champion" far beyond the point where anyone gives a poo poo anymore?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

tl;dr: Black cuts a promo in a dark room.

thanks for this, fella. its awful and beautiful at once

They put more work into that list than WWE does into developing Black's character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Lamuella posted:

Karrion Kross - not even Karrion Kross knows who this is.

I enjoy when people post an in-depth analysis of trends like this, but you're really hurting your credibility by making up random joke names to insert to see if anyone actually reads the whole thing.