Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Maybe Vince saw Dynamite make the Top 100 TV Guide shows and thought "stagnant storytelling? I'll cram a story into one episode, how's THAT for stagnant?!?"

Meanwhile we still don't know how the Hangman/Elite break-up is going to shake out after six months and counting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This the same company that had a best-of-seven series end in a tie.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

jesus WEP posted:

EMF is the best poster in this forum now

He's the Dark Order of the forum.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Have WWE fans won? Have they really?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Benne posted:

People don't want to admit that Broken Matt has been kinda lovely for years now

If he loses to Sammy on Saturday, the ending will redeem the story.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
When I mentioned to my wife that WWE was forcing their superstars to stop third-party streaming, my 15-year old daughter burst out of her room, stormed downstairs, and proclaimed to both of us "that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!"

I am not making this up.

Maybe there is hope for the future.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Paper Lion posted:

cant wait for another 50 years when the only decent places to live with breathable air and foliage are inside of a megacorporation's arcology

With an all-controlling, all-seeing AI who eventually shut down all outside access so they could have complete internal control over everyone still trapped inside.

One of my favorite Shadowrun plots of all time.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

TriffTshngo posted:

comedy doesn't draw, says man who put corpse loving skit on television because he thinks it's the funniest thing in the world

And also thought it was what would bring him mainstream attention due to shear shock value.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

oh but seriously I posted:

anything goes on the Money Plane

Want to spend hours and hours on a tarmac in Saudi Arabia? Blood Money Plane.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

sk posted:

i... might have enough free time to work this out today. is this assuming the lineal title changes hands on any fall?

e: by that i mean, if (say) ambrose gets the final fall in an ironman match but loses, is he lineal champion?

I would say whoever is champion at the end is the lineal champion. Getting the final fall is like scoring a late TD but still losing.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I just watched Re-Animator and the director of the film said there was a lot of stuff in the script that was cut before filming because "they explained things that didn't need explaining."

Vince seems to be either the opposite ("we need to justify this! Wild card rule! Once a quarter!") or its anti-thesis ("Retribution? They're pissed off and probably black!").

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Apparently tonight isn't just RAW, it's RAW: IN YOUR FACE!

And it's gonna get slaughtered by football. New York's the #1 media market in the country and the Steelers probably have the biggest fanbase outside of their home city. Pittsburgh's a great place to grow up but everyone tries to get out of there as fast as possible.

(says the guy who, in his mid-40s, is kind of missing it)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Update - the first football game is still close and now they're about to kick off the second game.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Codependent Poster posted:

Raw should just start advertising like Big Bill Hell's Cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se9TyhKuXqE

I do NOT want Vince to find out about "challenge pissing."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD/BUDDHA/ALLAH/SHIVA/STEPHEN HAWKING loving UNIONIZE ALREADY!!!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ICR posted:

How does a struggling indie with no money like the WWE sign this 41 year old woman who is a can’t miss prospect!?

"Whatever money we spend on Melina is money AEW won't be able to make from having her on the roster! It's win-win!"

*throws some more hundreds on the fire to keep warm in August*

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So how many stars do you think tonight's Samoan Street Fight will get?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

[*] Otis arrived and beat the poo poo out of them with Tucker's aid, and pantsed Miz. "How can you not laugh at this?" asked Michael Cole, who gets his lines fed to him by Vince McMahon.

Now compare this to the simplicity of Sue flipping the bird at the end of Dynamite and the response from the announcers being nothing more than laughter.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

TriffTshngo posted:

man. remember war machine?

It took me a second to.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Next week's Monday Night Football game is the Chiefs (defending champs) vs. the Ravens, two top-tier teams with dynamic quarterbacks and rabid fanbases.

Based on how crappy last night's show was, I'm going to predict that RAW's going have a record-breakingly bad night next week. That gentle slope of downward ratings is about to plunge off a cliff.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Blaise330 posted:

Wait.............................. to up the ante on how Retribution are agents of chaos....... they signed legally binding contracts.....

It's to show that true change comes from working within the system, not tearing it down because it's rotten!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
T-Bar has an ironclad contract.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I will never get tired of that video.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

ICR posted:

Kevin Rudolf rofl. God that rules. Love the post.

loving Kevin Rudolf, I remember that jam. Takes me way back.

Our next theme will be done by Mario and our theme for whatever the PPV after that will be Braid My Hair. Come get some, ya locusts!

Jesus Christ, I just heard that song LAST night for the first time in decades, and now it comes up in wrestling chat.

What do you call it when you start seeing something that's always been there? Like, you buy a red Ford Focus and all of a sudden red Ford Focuses are everywhere?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

boxcarhobo posted:

Jey was mad that he was always in Roman's shadow, Roman wanted to remind him of why he will always be in Roman's shadow

it's a fine story, even pretty good by WWE standards, I just didn't love it being conveyed in a slow plodding match with too much talking like they combined all the promo and wrestling parts into one 20 minute segment, I didn't hate it but I really think it could've been better, definitely worked to make roman look like a dominant rear end in a top hat heel though

They probably saw all the emotion conveyed in a variety of AEW matches and figured "let's do that," but forgot that the climax of those feuds were MATCHES, not matches merged with promos/corporate speak. P&P/Best Friends didn't stop for two minutes in their parking lot brawl to jawjack.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Testekill posted:

If he was still alive then we would have heard from him

Perhaps it's better that way. He'll live on in legend and return when we need him most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Grendels Dad posted:

How about, and hear me out here, Sami gets the gimmick of having so many concussions that he becomes brain damaged and is a special needs sports entertainer from now on... unless he hears a trumpet, which triggers something inside him and he dons the El Generico mask and becomes super-capable in the ring.