Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Reserved for any potential overrun.

Raw overruns lost their potential years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They're both the heels. It is what it is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember how they teased a bunch that the Miz was leading Retribution but lol nope turns out he's got nothing to do with them coz we want them on the other brand

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As I understand it there were multiple times where Miz would leave just before/arrive just after a Retribution attack

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Nah, that's just TUE getting called up

Yowie wowie

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jabroni has been added to the dictionary

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Just happy to be here!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

the_Vandal posted:

Pretty sure he had a feud with the mountie at one point.

He even sent the Mountie to jail where he was locked away and mistreated and mocked by the people in charge of him. Ali had a similar experience on 205 Live.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEfGgVI6l2A

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Renee Paquette posted:

I generally just like to be transparent about everything. I like to just be honest. There's no shame in having got it. Again we don't know what's going on with anything. We're all trying to figure it out. So when I tweeted that I had it, I wasn't doing it as, like, 'I GOT COVID.' That was not my MO when I tweeted. It was mostly, 'Hey, I have it.' Also, in case there were people that could've been around me and maybe seen that I had it, I felt a responsibility to make sure people knew that I was sick. But, yeah, it was NOT well received. They weren't even like 'You shouldn't have posted it.' But it was like, 'We wish you gave us a heads up.' It was bad for PR and whatnot. But again, I wouldn't have even thought to be like, "Hey guys, I'm gonna tweet that I have Covid, ha, ha. Like, that was just not what I was thinking about when I posted it.

Listen, anything I say on this is gonna end up seeming like controversial or like I'm making GBS threads on it or whatever, but, yeah, did I feel a little slighted? I didn't really feel like anyone was all that concerned that I got sick. That bothered me for sure. But, you know, it's hard to say. Again, it's like, poo poo, the show goes on and now they're working at the Amway Center and they're essentially doing the best that they can NOW. Now doing the proper tests. I think that was something that should've been implemented from the beginning. Since everything that's gone down and however many people ended up getting sick, now it feels like a much safer environment. Even when I was there for SummerSlam, I was definitely less concerned about it knowing that everyone in the building has been properly tested with the nose swab and whatnot.

It was shocking. It really shocking to see that this was deemed essential business. That made it seem like, hold on a second here. I was not traveling for a while. I was doing stuff from home. I was like, 'I just don't need to be there.' Especially when you look at what I was going on the shows at that time. ... For me to fly from Las Vegas to Orlando when you have Kayla Braxton local in Orlando, you have Sarah Schreiber local in Orlando, Charley Caruso was spending most of her time in Florida, there were hands on deck that didn't have to travel, so for me to feel like I had to actually still had to get on a plane and go do it was like, "Oh my God. For what? What are we doing here? It felt insane to me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also here's the NXT UK set

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1300894888058384384

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Isn't the BT Sports set out at Stratford? That's not really the heart of London, it's the East End.

This was your pedantic UK geography update

It's like London Luton Airport

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
X-Pac Heat lasted for about 18 months, tops. Ziggler's been hated for over 5 years now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/RavenCyarm/status/1301025850750451712

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
PWI reports that WWE are planning to bring back Nigel McGuinness now that Mauro's left

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
R-Truth gave the Bump an update on Little Jimmy

R-Truth posted:

It’s embarrassing, you know man. Cause he done got locked up in juvenile camp. So it’s like we taking up money now to get him out. Bro, he just went down the wrong path by kids and a lot of them get peer pressured by a lot of different stuff and different people and stuff around him and things like that. He just got peer pressured and influenced by the wrong things, man. We gonna get him out and get him back the right way, you know what I’m saying? Get him back to the light. Some people need a lot of guidance, man, you know what I’m saying?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

1glitch0 posted:

Oh god, did Paige get his belt!? To be fair, HBK probably got cum on it too.

:ohno:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I bet he still doesn't believe COVID is real

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Abroham Lincoln posted:

of course he believes it's real, he's all about trying to flatten the curve.

:brexit:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thunder Rosa told Fightful that WWE were only interested in using her as a referee

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dave Meltzer on house shows posted:

What I heard was that WWE was thinking about cutting everything way back — even when things go back to normal, cutting way, way back on live shows. I don’t know if they’ll eliminate them completely. I don’t know if they’ll totally eliminate house shows, but the idea I think of four days a week doing house shows for maybe forever at least for WWE and AEW will never do that schedule anyway. I think it’s a different world it’s gonna be… you know the Japanese groups may do it, but I think it’ll be a big event business and not a rank and file house show business going forward.

Dave Meltzer on NXT posted:

I know that a couple of months ago there was a meeting with Vince to discuss this very issue, and at the meeting I mean it was like ‘move to another day we’ll have better viewership and a bigger audience.’ On that day it was shut down for all the obvious reasons that, you know, what was it put on TV in the first place for?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FTR were on Vickie's podcast

FTR posted:

Vince wants to hear ideas. Whether he wants to use them is up to him. But, the 130 people that you have to go through to give those ideas, they are so afraid to be face to face with him. It blows my mind. I understand he is an enigma. I understand he’s created his own legacy in the minds of people in the business. But, they are so afraid of losing their job because they pitch an idea but want to stay as low key as possible because they want to get a paycheck the next week. That is sad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I went to a house show in Birmingham in 2018. It was cool to go to a live show with friends and experience it together. Finn and Drew were both crazy over, Elias sang Wonderwall for like the 100th time and I got the whole crowd to chant gently caress YOU CORBIN which was fun. It got blown out of the water by Royal Quest a year later though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Demi Burnett (the Batchelor lady Angel Garza wants to bang) spoke to Pro Wrestling Sheet

Demi Burnett posted:

Of course! I would love to be a WWE Superstar. I’d definitely have to go through some training, because I’m pretty weak right now. I’m starting to try working out a little bit, just in case anyone wants to offer me a position. But yeah, it was always my dream to be a WWE Superstar.

It’s more intense though in real-life than it looks on TV. Whenever you watch it in real-life, you’re like, ‘Wow, these people are putting their bodies THROUGH it.’ I think I could do it though. I think I could have the right attitude and whenever I put my mind to it, I can be very athletic. I would definitely give it a shot. I would at least try it. I would never be able to forgive myself if I didn’t take a chance and give it a go.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah that Birmingham show also had Pete Dunne defending the UK title against Mark Andrews before NXT UK was a regular show so they went out and put on a legitimate 4*+ banger. It was awesome (but not as awesome as the Grizzled Young Vets/South Wales Subculture tag match I saw at an indie show a few months later)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's like how immigrants are lazy people coming here for benefits yet also the ones taking all our jobs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

It just keeps getting better

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Due to time off WWE has added 20 months to Jeff Hardy's contract

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Paper Lion posted:

truly cannot tell if this is a scoop or a joke

Scoop.

Yeah I don't want Jeff in WWE either but it's still loving insane that WWE can just do that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

Matt reinvented himself like a dozen times and only one of them didn't suck, let's not get too crazy.

I will not accept this slander against Matt Hardy v1

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

skaboomizzy posted:

How did the WWE manage to screw up those two dudes so badly?

They made them talk.

Isn't one of them still injured as well?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I thought Xavier had worked a lot to keep UUDD free from WWE's hands so he could maintain it as a business if he ever left the company?

Akam and Rezar will probably do really well in Japan once the pandemic lifts. They've got the big beefy look that promotions over their love. Like, NJPW still hasn't found anyone to replace KES.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lol how dare talent make money beyond their WWE contract

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Calling a WWE contract slavery would be a huge disrepect to the black community but drat if it isn't closer to it than any other form of employment I know

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
On the plus side at least this'll stop Dio Maddin and Mansoor from doing their lovely streams

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Word coming in that AJ has already deleted his Twitch

Joke, not scoop

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol at still wanting to be part of the 'WWE family' as they try to own your every move, thought and breath

I just checked and Ricochet does not have a Cameo or Twitch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Figtful is reporting that this move was made because talent is revealing 'sensitive information' during Cameos/streams

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

If they were concerned about spoilers/company info you would just do a statement saying not to say company info online or else you'd be fined. This is 100% controlling talent and trying to squeeze more money from them

Yeah this may be the justification but I bet Vince has wanted to do this for a long time. Talent being able to make an income away with WWE means they have more freedom and leverage against the company. Vince wants his talent to be entirely dependent on him because they won't be able to make any trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHAT'S ANDREW YANG DOING IN THE JUDICIAL ZONE?