Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this is going to push soooooo many people towards Impact/AEW where everyone is free to do whatever they want, even loving do indies and Japan dates within reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cavauro posted:

got a feeling this story will go away quietly after about a week and wwe people who get linked to here from twitter will be claiming it was never real. like yeah most of the wrestlers are cowards and idiots but it seems like the sloppy shop does not even understand the level of what they are carelessly removing

I sort of really doubt this. There is a poo poo ton of money at stake not to mention a proposed chokehold on the personal creative stuff many of the workers do.

Put it this way: I'd be REALLY shocked if Xavier/Big E/Asuka rolled over for this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I still think it's horrible/funny/sad how Bayley was put into a corner and admitted WWE didn't pay for poo poo on the road and they had to do all the driving lol. For as much as people will say the women's division is much better than AEW's--a division that is extremely young and inexperienced and has suffered a lot of losses--I thought it was hosed that nobody was allowed to get over except the 4 loving Horsewomen. I recall people in NXT being extremely pissed off that Charlotte came to ransack them, and those same people backstage were also upset when Asuka was cut off at the knees.

Saying WWE has a better roster means jack poo poo because even though it's true, it won't matter because only 5 people can get over. Yeah great they have Aleister Black who is legit one of my favorite talents ever but when he doesn't get poo poo to do, does it matter?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so do the Twitch/Cameo name changes do anything? Does Ember Moon/Alex Bliss changing their service names to their real names actually protect them from having to cancel their side stuff???

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

between AJ seeing his two best buds let go of the company early (for monetary reasons that weren't even that valid) and also probably being part of the issue regarding Twitch cancellations due to admitting he had Covid, he's had a hell of a loving year lol. I wonder if he regrets saying he'd end his career with WWE.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ICR posted:

Times like these, where their livelihood is being controlled this tight, remind me how it’s pretty amazing that it’s so hard to actually leave the WWE.

It’s like, once you’re signed, you are owned. Big E over here just has to say, “Welp, guess I gotta just shut this down most likely,” and you have no way out...

I forget that sometimes about being a member of the WWE. So much so that if you do leave, the fans, who might as well also be on the payroll and owned, will only ever refer to you as a WWE guy*.

*see all the people complaining that AEW has all their titles on “WWE guys”.

That poo poo mentally fucks me up

it's hosed but 100 percent true. Even guys like Jericho/Mox who have been in WCW/ECW/CZW + been to Japan have the curse of "wwe guy" on them and it blows to have that brought up when people want to poo poo on your career. If you leave or get released you're only ever "a wwe castoff/reject" which also sucks. I wonder if people would have said the same for Nakamura or Balor had they left early on, two guys who absolutely had their apex in New Japan.

Also extremely upsetting to see that Big E is going to just not fight this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that recap legit sounds like a loving TNA show it's so bad

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rarity posted:

I just realised it's been a long time since WWE hired any indie names with any buzz. I think the last time was when they picked up Jake Atlas and Mercedes and that was like a year ago now. It seems like that tap of indie talent is finally running dry.

it's more to do with how Impact is fairly decent (or at least better than it was years back) and the existence of AEW, plus both companies granting more freedom creatively and also giving options to do indie shows within reason. Quite a few people in both of those companies might have ended up at NXT in the past.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

unless someone at the tip top of the totem poll like Rollins/Reigns/Cena/etc advocates for a union then it will never happen. Which is sad because those guys would have had the clout to make something move with it but wouldn't because they're all Lifers

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah NXT poo poo felt incredible back in the day where the writing and the payoffs were way tighter. Like, this was before Gargano/Ciampa was driven into the loving ground (and for a while, with no payoff) or the endless rematches for stuff like Gargano/Cole. I remember how nuclear hot the crowds were for stuff like Nak vs Zayn or Finn when he first started out.

Idk if it's just because he's a face or what but I never felt Finn has ever reached the same apex as in NJPW, but maybe you could say the same for guys like Nakamura as well. His style got a little more vanilla and maybe the WWE style + plus the matchups he had factored into that. Also when Seth murdered him. I just always liked his Prince Devitt days way more and he kind of makes a very boring face. As the Bullet Club leader he was fantastic.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL gently caress I forgot about KARRION KROSS. I was scratching my head like "who the gently caress beat Keith Lee? Didn't he only just become champ?" and then realized I forgot that Kross debuted and IMMEDIATELY won the belt and then IMMEDIATELY hosed his shoulder up, and by then Lee had been pushed to main roster. Everything about this is loving insane.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Xia Li please leave WWE she is too good to keep being a jobber.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

https://twitter.com/stu_dos/status/1297629855564075009?s=21

Compare

Also geez does that Thunderdome setup make every still picture of the show hard to look at

somehow a stable comprised of men in gimp masks comes off better than the Bane Squad.

also lol that it is 2020 and Randy loving Orton is still eternally in the title picture

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ali would be a loving star literally anywhere else, I feel bad for him. He did everything he could to get over and still got put on loving Main Event.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I only just realized Slapjack was Shane Thorne, as in the same guy who was in loving TM-61 epochs ago, holy loving poo poo. Talk about being spat around the NXT system.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL

https://twitter.com/RETRIBUTIONMACE/status/1309733393534513152?s=20

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I mean they aren't wrong about Bischoff/Jericho but also Bischoff made a good loving point? The twitter owns are ok but....Retribution is still loving dumb as an idea and makes no sense. Snarky tweets are only gonna take you so far.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm glad AEW didn't pick up Rowan. LOL somehow his idea is even loving stupider than anything the WWE could have done.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

despite the situation with guys like Ricochet/Cedric/Mustafa Ali/Tozawa/etc, I gotta say: Aleister Black is absolutely the guy who has been wasted more shamefully than anyone else, when you consider how loving great he could be. Also really hated how even though he WON THE NXT TITLE, it was a verrrrrry short reign, rushed, and generally moved to finish up just so they could continue their stupid loving Gargano/Ciampa feud that had no payoff at the time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

similar to Black, I hate how Andrade "100" Almas got the hot push in NXT and then cratered for the exact same reason: title run too short, rushed him out of NXT at his peak so they could focus on loving Gargano/Ciampa's endless storyline, and then dumped him into yet another tag team that consists of Two Random Guys We Gave Up On. Almas and Black were two guys I was insanely hype to see finally get to the top in NXT which made it all the more lovely that they were called up to main roster to wither.

It really does seem like the only guys who will get regular pushes are Roman, Seth, Orton, and AJ Styles; anyone else isn't really guaranteed poo poo and can be relegated to a loop of listlessness instantly.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

Don't forget Bray!

Bray's pushes have ended in catastrophic failure every time by WWE's own hands and it's legit fascinating how they inevitably sentenced him to death against Randy Orton or Goldberg or Roman Reigns each time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I completely forgot about Chad Gable, which I guess I have WWE to thank for that. Dude is like Kurt Angle/Cesaro/Jeff Cobb levels of talent and he is wasting his prime years there. Feel loving bad for him.

MJeff posted:

I'm glad more people are finally coming around to Aleister Black being wasted for DIY's lovely feud being NXT's shark jumping moment.

Man I thought it was the common feeling that this was the timeframe NXT genuinely started to tank. It was the end of Black/Andrade's white hot ascension and the beginning of the endless DIY/Cole loop. They also began to lose the majority of their excellent tag division.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 29, 2020

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Seams posted:

They think they’re getting him over.

I’ve mentioned this before but Prichard brings up on his podcast this idea that silly gimmicks or angles are intentional burials by Vince or creative. His argument is essentially why would WWE invest time and money into somebody if they wanted to bury them when they could simply not put them on TV and save the money and achieve the same result. He uses the example of the Undertaker/DDP feud.

this still stings so loving much because they absolutely wanted to make an example of DDP, a guy who wanted to get back to work so bad he took cuts in pay to be on TV. His first promo there was SO good and they buried him so bad to the point where he never ever recovered. Fortunately he went on to do much cooler poo poo with his life but man, it sucked that DDP and later Booker T had to work so hard to get over while they just tossed in loving Goldberg like it was nothing and beltfed him championships

Also HHH beating Sting but that's another thing entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that's a horrific botch jesus