Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rarity posted:

As I understand it there were multiple times where Miz would leave just before/arrive just after a Retribution attack

It's WWE, the chances that this was pure coincidence are about 99%. This would be far too subtle for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Isn't the BT Sports set out at Stratford? That's not really the heart of London, it's the East End.

This was your pedantic UK geography update

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Is Dolph Ziggler the X-pac of his generation? In that the fans are sick to hell of him but he sticks around because the boys love wrestling him for some reason? (Probably not. He just won the inertia lottery).

Comparing Sean Waltman to loving Dolph Ziggler is one of the meanest things I've ever read.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Very proud of the forum for going... six weeks without disgusting hornyposting

I don't really think that can be called hornyposting so much as Hellposting.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/1301849992106250240?s=20

Perfect encapsulation of the WWE.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

For the love of god someone challenge this poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1301995742853246981?s=20

Seriously, gently caress Vince.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

You think they'll make the New Day stop their podcast?

No, because it's specifically a WWE production.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jiro posted:

Her Twitch Channel is already gone it seems.

She renamed it apparently

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

The thing is, wrestling fans don't want to watch the Ricochets or the Corbins or the other boot lickers. It shows through and just makes the product ever increasingly uncool.

It'll especially grow worse when Vince is gone. People simply don't admire HHH like they admire Vince.

You say that, but how many fruit baskets did Reddit send Vince? :thunk:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

I listened to the Van Vliet interview and Andrew Yang is clearly a legit wrestling fan. Taking on WWE on this sounds like a personal project for him. If Biden wins (lol) then things are gonna get real interesting.

I would staggered if Biden gives Yang anything. Why would he?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The best because Scotland have actually held it. And held it more than England.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

njsykora posted:

Defending a trophy makes me think of the FCW Jack 15 Championship, which was a medal defended in 15 minute Ironman matches.

That was a fun gimmick even if the medal was poo poo.

I also expect the NXTUK rounds thing could be a fun gimmick but sadly it's on a show I'll never watch.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1304594852513034241

lmao please put AJ and paul in the same segment

Is AJ missing his friends so much that he's morphing into Doc Gallows, but with a wig?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

DogsInSpace! posted:

Yeah... it’s tragic how people keep falling for it. Before Reichsbug it was in Der Sturmer. Before QAnon it was Henry Ford and the KKK spreading this poo poo in America. I was reading one place that brought up a book from 1902 that used the same kind of words and ideas about Zionist Conspiracy wanting to erode morals and eat white babies. I will never understand it...
I mean white babies cant be THAT tasty. Too high in fat.

So please don’t let Finn get sucked into this...

Protocols of the Elders of Zion? Yeah, that text never goes away despite being a well established fake that was probably put together by members of The Black Hundreds (rabid Tsarists responsible for a lot of early 20th century pogroms like the notorious Kishinev ones in 1903 and 1905) with assistance from the Okhrana, the Tsarist secret police. 120 years on and it's roots can still be seen in most antisemitic conspiracies from blood libel to the insanity of David Icke

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Doesn't feel like that long ago where Takeovers were absolute can't miss shows. Remember R Evolution (god awful show name) with Neville vs Zayn Title vs Career (in NXT) & Kenta & Finn Balor teaming together & a very good Charlotte vs Sasha match back when Charlotte wasn't being pushed like she was HHH himself? Fun times. Even though the shows were smaller, the stakes felt so much bigger.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

It won't happen because our generation won't own the capital needed to turn people into conservatives

A lot will, it'll just require their parents dying. But they will acquire assets eventually. Well unless your parents stay alive too long and need to sell their house to pay for care. Which I suppose they probably will the selfish bastards

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Things like reverse mortgages will eat away most boomer wealth before it is inherited

Fortunately I don't see my parents going down that route (my mother has been very clear that if she gets to a point where she can't physically look after herself she's going to shootup a large quantity of heroin.). God, I'm going to be one of the property owning class. Rules. Time to start voting Tory in preparation!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

📣 STOP PUSHING BARON CORBIN 📣

But the ladies really like him

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Joe probably isn’t going to be doing amazing things elsewhere at this point

If you're telling me that you don't think Joe vs Ishii would be a 4.5 snowflake match you're just clearly not as big a Joe & Ishii mark as me.

(I kind of feel that Joe going somewhere else that can play into his strengths & just let him be big tough stiff dude who doesn't have to bump too much there could still be mileage in the tank but I also haven't seen him since 2018 so I could be totally wrong)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

So are Slapjack, T-Bar and Mace meant to be the same people as Shane Thorne, Dominik Dijakovic and Dio Maddin or is this a Husky Harris/Bray Wyatt kinda deal where they're completely new characters?

You've already thought about this more than Bruce and Vince

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Imagine saying this the same week we got Jason Lee and Kota Minoru vs Dragon Kid and Susumu Yokuska.

Going to guess there's been at least 10 matches this week better than whatever happened on Main Event.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm impressed they manage to look dopier than Punk does these days, top work

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dr. Baker posted:

The Harris Brothers (I know that they are nazis)

Ah, the worst twins.

The Headhunters, two very large boys who wrestled mainly in places like W*ING, IWA Japan, FMW, ECW, CMLL & AAA.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Alaois posted:

remember when La Sombra was the best wrestler in the world

Remember when Tozawa was one of the best in the world? WWE just kills joy and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Raises hand.
Ok this is a question I've been meaning to ask for years now and maybe have asked at some point in the past. Is El Generico a problematic gimmick? Badly pretending to be a Mexican for comedy purposes seems like the kind of thing that would get WWE buried in poo poo if were the ones to create El Generico. I'll admit I don't know much about El Generico and I'm fully willing to accept that I'm missing context or subtext here that makes it ok that I'm missing. But I'm wondering why it gets a pass on that sort of thing in a world where we lash out at WWE for a Japanese wrestler having ninjas.

I have wondered about this. Personally I lean towards no, it's not because cruel or malicious and as far as I'm aware "Mexican who can't speak much Spanish or English" isn't much of a stereotype. Generic Luchador is an inherently absurd gimmick & it was mostly played in a way which was more absurd than demeaning. I'm not sure if Remi was starting out today he'd be do that gimmick but I don't think it was played maliciously & I dunno, intent matters to me.

Though I'm sure there have been moments which maybe leaned too close to cruel because poo poo, if you watch early PWG you are going to be shocked at some of the poo poo coming out of the mouth of, for example, Excalibur. And while I think a lot of it was just young men being goofy with their friends & not trying to be hurtful, it's aged appallingly.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How the gently caress did Gargano/Ciampa win Feud of the Year in 2019?

Because LA Park vs Rush didn't get the blow off it deserved & because WON voters clearly didn't watch enough CMLL that year.

(Mind you, Kenny Omega vs. Cody was 5th that year & that feud was loving torturous so maybe there just weren't many great options. But Park Rush should've been a landslide.)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 30, 2020