Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Sanguinia posted:

Maybe its just because I tapped out on NXT during her Reign of Terror, but Shayna really seems awesome and its loving shameful how WWE has cut her knees out at every opportunity since she got called up. Look dominate in the Rumble and make it all the way to #2, lose to Charlotte. Look INCREDIBLY dominant in the Chamber, job out to Becky. And I'll bet you good money she's about to drop those Tag Belts to the Riott Squad right after being made to look insanely dominant in winning them.

They're gonna job out the Riott Squad and split them up by Survivor Series because it's WWE and it's what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Here's what's awesome about the decline of NXT:

Before they hit USA Network they would trust these two guys to put together a match with not much more instruction than "you have <x> minutes, <this dude> is winning, try to do some callback spots" and unless something got royally botched it'd be a MOTY candidate.

This will end up as an overbooked clusterfuck with, oh, let's say three different instances of interference, someone turning on their stable, and then another rear end in a top hat turning up after the decision to declare he's the REAL champion.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I went to a SmackDown in Tampa in Oct 2013, it was fine I guess.

Dark match was Sami Zayn vs some dude I had never heard of named Adrian Neville and I was really hyped to see Sami until Neville hit the Red Arrow and the people who were already there in their seats went WHOOOOOOA. There were also Main Event matches, one of which featured Los Locales which I think was Tyson Kidd and Ricardo Rodriguez under masks? Also Goldust was still there and Damien Sandow in his "enlightened genius" gimmick and the Wyatt Family when they were still creepy swamp people.

Sami Zayn has been stuck in this company for seven years now lol

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I got to see several NXT "Largo Loop" house shows and they were always fun. I could never hear anyone's names over the blaring entrance music so it really did have a good indie feel lol.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

How did the WWE manage to screw up those two dudes so badly?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

How many people do you think are gonna tell Vince "so fire me" before he realizes this probably isn't a fight he should pick?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

jesus WEP posted:

Bayley as a heel is Good Actually but I have no desire to see babyface Sasha ever at all, she’s a million times better as a heel. At least in WWE. She’d probably be super cool and charming as a face in a company where she can do her own character stuff

yeah I'm hoping someone in WWE has enough sense to book a double-turn match for them so Bayley can be the female Cena Make-A-Wish merch-machine she's been meant to be since she started there.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Power Windows posted:

Have we forgotten the bad blood and radio silence between Macho Man and Vince for, like, 20 years because of the Slim Jim deal?

I kinda thought that was over... something else.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

A Salty Affair posted:

Please oh please please please let this be the thing that finally leads to a pro-wrestling union

The realistic absolute best-case scenario is that enough "big name stars" will raise a shitstorm about this one particular issue, Vince will back down, and nobody will learn any larger lessons or push for any more workplace reforms.

It's easy to get swept up in the fancy lights and billion-dollar TV deals and giant arenas and the Saudi blood money but pro-wrestling is still, at its heart, a carny business run by grifters, schemers, liars, scoundrels, ne'er-do-wells, con artists, whatever other term you want to use for jumped up petty criminals who happened to find the right grift at the right time.

The business is what it is, it will always be gross and disgusting and exploitive even when it's at its "best". There will always be a new crop of performers ready to endure countless indignities and violations and lick the boots.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Mage_Boy posted:

A B A C A B B

This was the Genesis Mortal Kombat blood code and I'm sure I'm not the only one that still remembers it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbjfesCI254

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I think we're finally to the point where outside talent has seen what happens to the vast majority who sign long-term WWE deals and they'll say "no thanks".

Eventually the COVID stuff is gonna end and there will be indie shows again, and the workers who have been hustling nationwide their entire careers anyway will probably see higher paydays thanks to pent-up demand will tell NXT Paul "I've seen what this company does to hot indie workers and I'd rather just keep doing my own thing"

That's when it's gonna get fun.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Neodoomium posted:

just endlessly spinning wheels on a bunch of storylines that don't matter and don't get anyone over

Good thing there isn't anything else happening next Monday night to draw away millions of TV viewers.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Intruder posted:

Would it really be surprising if Vince hasn't decided who is and isn't in Retribution yet outside of one or two specific people

It's the Black Scorpion angle again

I think Dijakovic is definitely one of them, I have no idea on anyone else. It is fun to to see them try to code some members as female despite dressing in all-black hoodies and masks so they don't get angry letters for male-on-female violence though.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Football is back next Monday.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

DM Punk posted:

Mandy Rose doing some 3rd party meet & greet thing. Like Cameo, only its a live 1 on 1 zoom call I think. $100 for Mandy. I don't see any other wrestlers on there. I wonder if WWE get a cut since she's using her WWE name.

https://fanmio.com/products/meet-mandy-rose-from-wwe

"fanmio" absolutely sounds like something WWE would come up with, it's just clumsy and stupid enough to be from them.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

cauliflower jones posted:

I just watched that Andrew Yang interview with that Chris guy, he seems a lot more invested in this issue then I initially thought. Him bringing up the fake razor and diesel example and then saying he's rooting for AEW show a level of understanding and interest that i didn't expect. I know it'll probably go nowhere but the interview is interesting.

Yang seems reasonably tuned in to the real world vs the typical rich tech dude. That's not a super high bar to clear, but he does it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Gold Rush would a be good name for a big ol' championship scramble for the IC title since there's already a bunch of people fighting over it. Six dudes, twenty minutes, have it change hands about eight times; good clean fun for everyone.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There a big enough sample size now that at least some of the top indie guys are gonna say "lol no" when NXT Paul offers them a deal, right?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Otis might overtake Damien Sandow for worst MITB winner ever. Think about that.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Every time I look at that Retribution picture I see "Sanity, but dumber"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

So, uhhhhh. Who are these people? The only one I recognize is Mia.

Mia Yim and Mercedes Martinez, pretty sure one of guys is Dijakovic, no idea on the other two dudes

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I have renamed my fantasy football team "Mace-TBar-Slapjack" because it is terrible and will lose a lot.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1308498531745898502?s=21

Probably fine

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Tato posted:

Why do they keep moving the still interesting and good guys like Keith Lee off NXT instead of instantly freshening things up by moving TUE/Gargano/Ciampa away?

NXT is no longer interesting or cool since it became Just Another WWE TV Show. It's the same thing as Raw or SmackDown now, even the Takeovers are watered-down overbooked garbage. It's the biggest reason I dropped my Network subscription, but the first Raw Underground was the final straw.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Remember how for years, current and former WWE people would do interviews and say "Kane is actually a really smart guy, maybe the smartest one backstage"

Lol

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

quote:

Obviously, with Clash of Champions and Raw just a few days away, the last thing WWE wants or needs is for an outbreak causing major changes to their plans.

Imagine thinking they have those shows already booked.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Barry Bluejeans posted:

hearing that he and daniel bryan got along famously was kinda like learning that scalia and rbg were best buds

i don't bring this up for any reason than to say gently caress liberals, i guess

If Glenn Jacobs was able to be chill on a five-hour drive and not yell about ring rats or whatever other gross/weird stuff wrestlers get up to on the road and just kept his brand of bullshit to 9th-grade libertarian talking points, he'd probably be one of the top five people to ride with on the whole roster compared to everyone else.

It's probably not a super high bar.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Intruder posted:

Randy being the leader of the stable whose whole thing is being against nepotism and favoritism would be the most WWE thing to ever happen

I think a few weeks ago I said it'd be funny if Retribution were Seth's henchcrew, so that's what I'm still hoping for.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

pressedbunny posted:

I still fondly remember the utter lunacy of Angelina Love and Winter in TNA; I'm game for fugue state Alexa if they can go full ham with it. Give me equal parts Festus and Undertaker in a 5',100lb frame, I'm sold. This is the type of total bollocks only wrestling can provide.

Winter had a killer song in TNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlZSPzbQ91M

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

didn't NXT have a pair of maybe Greek dudes that were twins they were trying to make into a tag team

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

All I watched was the clip posted here, it seems fine. They had a story they wanted to tell, they told it in very simple repetitive fashion to beat it into our skulls, it made some sort of sense. The test is whether they move on to the next thing for Roman or have the Usos eat beatings for another month.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

How quickly we forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYHMhUSY6Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

She responded to that WWE/DM tweet with "I don't blame Murphy for going for it." So then a bunch of people went at her for the creepiness of it. Then she said she was dating an older guy and it was fine. Then she deleted the first tweet. Someone went "Ahha! I screen captured it!" She replied to that person that they want a cookie. And so on and so on. It was your basic "celebrity says something kind of dumb/ignorant and then keeps digging and replying to every rear end in a top hat who tweets at them" meltdown.

A whole lot of brains got broken this year and most wrestlers weren't in great shape there to start with