Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Orton is a good wrestler when he actually gives a poo poo. He just has rarely given a poo poo for the past 7 years

The last match I saw where Orton seemed like he gave a poo poo was against Luke Harper at Elimination Chamber 2017. The crowd was red hot for a potential Luke Harper babyface run but we all know how that turned out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Honestly surprised it wasn't a 4-way tie.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Honestly, AEW are doing a mix of dumb things and smart things but the very smartest thing they're doing is making their own show and not anyone else's. Sure, individuals get in a few digs like the "we don't run a sloppy shop" line or the "that's Adam Cole's girlfriend!" joke, but booking decisions aren't being made based on what WWE is up to.

Agreed AEW doesn't have that stink of desperation and it's so refreshing. Don't agree with everything they do but it's pro wrestling so there is going to be dumb poo poo even during the best of times.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I had kayfabe killed because of a WWF house show. The main event for the show was Sgt. Slaughter w/Sensational Sherri vs Ultimate Warrior in a steel cage for the WWF World Title. The finish of the match is Slaughter is almost out of cage but Warrior has him by what little hair he had left. Sherri runs in and nails Warrior with her loaded purse causing Warrior to drop Slaughter and lose the match. Slaughter runs to the back and Sherri is still in the cage with a pissed off Warrior so to send the crowd home happy Warrior rips off Sherri's dress and humiliates her.

Anyway year or two later I get to rent one of the WWF Coliseum Home Videos. The big featured bout is Ultimate Warrior vs Macho King in a steel cage match. Which you guessed it is basically spot for spot the same match as the one from the house show I went to. I was already on the fence about how real WWF was after they had edited out the boos from Hogan costing Sid Justice the '92 Rumble but that video was the final straw.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I love how the deadline falls on the one year anniversary AEW Dynamite.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I have more fun watching the occasional episode of Impact than I did watching WWE the last several years before I quit.

bartok
May 10, 2006

As much as I wanted Angle's final match to be with Cena as sort of a full circle thing, a good old fashion Rocky IV type feud against Rusev could have been really fun. So who does WWE pick? Baron loving Corbin.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Throwing it out there that Impact is more enjoyable than NXT

bartok
May 10, 2006

My favorite part about Raw is I've been using it as an excuse to watch movies in my backlog I've been putting off because they were over 2 hours. This week it was an excellent Korean horror movie called The Wailing and next week I'm finally going to watch The Irishman.

bartok
May 10, 2006

If Ricochet shows up the next time NJPW holds a Best of the Super Juniors I'll forget all about his WWE run.

bartok
May 10, 2006

When does Bag of Soup debut?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lamuella posted:

So what's the chances of Mia's name being accidentally (or deliberately) really racist?

Jerry Lawler is back on commentary

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lid posted:

How much will an AEW show at half past midnight outrate Main Event thus how many people will see Ali vs how many people saw Ben Carter

That match with Scorpio Sky was sick! Ben Carter is already so good and only 22!

bartok
May 10, 2006

It's the name of a song by fictional band Dethklok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5t7WBBzUM

bartok
May 10, 2006

Miching Mallecho posted:

Kane and Bubba Ray were the finalist on Weakest link. Make of that what you will.

https://youtu.be/8j0Aec1gH7E

Glenn Jacobs is still lovely mayor.

The host Anne Robinson has some pretty lovely opinions that Glenn also shares.

bartok
May 10, 2006

What if the Shield were first introduced as T-Bar, Mace, and Slapjack?

bartok
May 10, 2006

On the plus side season four of Fargo premieres tonight.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I guess Vince heard last night's PPV was actually getting some praise so he had to correct that immediately.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Insertnamehere31 posted:

The mistreatment of aleister as champion was one of the first real signs that indicated nxt’s decay imo

That was what finally soured me on NXT

bartok
May 10, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

edge didnt save his money either, lets have the Greatest Welding Match Of All Time up in here

but he robbed the Money Plane

bartok
May 10, 2006

karmicknight posted:

2019 was the Year AEW Was Robbed, with a Shingo/Ospreay match beating Dustin/Cody for best match, and some NXT bullshit beating out Cody/Jericho for best feud.

but that Shingo/Ospreay match was really really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

The leader of Retribution, ladies and gentlemen: Nibroc Norab!

The Nilbog Bruiser