Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Longterm storytelling in wrestling is easy. You start a thing, then only reference it again 4 weeks later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sad old hypocrite Punk returning is the perfect culmination to his character arc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lamuella posted:

Honestly, AEW are doing a mix of dumb things and smart things but the very smartest thing they're doing is making their own show and not anyone else's. Sure, individuals get in a few digs like the "we don't run a sloppy shop" line or the "that's Adam Cole's girlfriend!" joke, but booking decisions aren't being made based on what WWE is up to.

Except for Cody who just wants to be NWA.

But he's dead now, so it's all good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Demos don't actually matter in wrestling because it's garbage throw in low value advertising btw.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The wrestlers really like doing house shows. That's when they can have fun.

Which as well know is what they're here for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still have young nephews who like to go and since I'm a good person I suffer in life so that I may be rewarded in eternity.

The last shows we went to were the Raw that introduced the Viking Experience, and whatever the gently caress they did on Smackdown the next day. The draft. It was a double ticket thing.

projecthalaxy posted:

At intermission of one of my house shows they did a game where the contestants stood on the stage and then attempted to imitate their favorite wrestler's entrance as their music played. It was mostly little kids doing the normal kid things, Roman, Becky, Cena, things of this nature. Then this one like 30 year old dude tried to Break Orbit like Neville and got really mad when the crowd did not declare him the winner.

Like, i get that he probably posts here, but dude its a little bit for the children, no? It's not your thing

They did this at one of the shows above, and a little boy did the IIconics yell and pose.

He won. Obviously.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

These losers lost 8 times to NXT? Better cancel them.

Rarity posted:

Demi Burnett (the Batchelor lady Angel Garza wants to bang) spoke to Pro Wrestling Sheet

Isn't that Rhea Ripley?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Matt reinvented himself like a dozen times and only one of them didn't suck, let's not get too crazy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A number of voice actors have been forbidden to do Cameos in their character voices, even if they don't identify themselves as that character.

It's a bit of a weird grey area because while obviously the association is there, any veteran VA has used that same voice for countless other characters too. The Red M&M is just Fry speaking at a slower pace, wake up sheeple!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone doing Paige's numbers isn't reading chat anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Paige had also changed her Twitch to Saraya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's a big pro cop guy, but.... yeah, probably still.